Ratings for Dr. Yasser Khan

Dr. Khan and his entire team at the Carrot Eye Clinic have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. I came in to see Dr. Khan in late July after suffering a very serious eye injury playing hockey. After a night spent in the Emergency Room at the hospital, I was referred to Dr. Khan and his team due to severe lacerations to both my upper and lower eyelids, one of the muscles above the eye being cut, along with a great deal of swelling, trauma, and damage to the internal and external areas of the eye. Internally, my Iris had been detached, there was damage to the lens, and it was unknown how much damage may have occurred to my retina. Dr. Khan immediately referred me to a Retina Surgeon to ensure the internal issues with my eye would be looked after by a specialist who would be responsible for evaluating any vision loss and taking the necessary steps at repairing any urgent issues related to my vision. After my initial assessment with Dr. Khan and his team, they deemed it necessary that I have surgery as soon as possible and they performed my first reconstructive surgery the very same day to ensure all of the wounds around my eye were stitched and sutured. For the next two months, Dr. Khan and his team monitored my progress, helped to manage my pain levels, and ensured that my eye was healing (both inside and outside) so that they could continue with the reconstructive surgeries. Priority had been given to resolving the external issues of my eye as until the eye could open and close on its own, there would be no way to evaluate the internal issues and any potential long term damage to my vision. To complicate things even further, I was getting married exactly 2 1/2 months from the initial date of the injury. Dr. Khan and his team monitored my progress and the moment that he felt the inflammation and swelling had decreased enough, he performed a second reconstructive surgery to repair the muscle above the eye which had been damaged to the point where I was unable to open my eyelid whatsoever. The second surgery was exploratory as it could not be known which muscle had been cut until Dr. Khan opened up the area above my eye and got a closer look as to what was going on. Although it was a very painful procedure, Dr. Khan and his team kept me calm and they were incredibly kind and reassuring during the entire surgery. The surgery took place just over 2 weeks before my wedding and Dr. Khan did everything in his power to ensure the outside of my eye would heal quickly and look as normal as possible for my wedding day. I'm happy to share that the surgery was a success, the muscle above my eye has been repaired and I was even able to have both eyes open (for the first time in over 2 months) so that I could look into my wife's eyes as we shared our vows. Words cannot begin to express how grateful I am to Dr. Khan and his team for everything they have done for me and my family. From the very first moment we attended the Carrot Eye Clinic, through the numerous (well over 10) appointments over the last 2 1/2 months, we have been taken care of by so many friendly, supportive, and professional people. The entire staff at the Carrot Eye Clinic has helped make an incredibly difficult experience so much easier and I am so thankful for everything they have done to help me get through the scariest time of my life. I still have a long road to recovery ahead of me, but Dr. Khan has done everything possible to fix the external area of my eye so that I can finally have the internal damage evaluated and repaired. We do not yet know the full extent of this injury, and we may not know for quite some time. What we do know is that Dr. Khan and his team have gone above and beyond the call of duty in helping me deal with such a serious injury, and for this I am truly blessed. Thank you to Dr. Khan and his entire team for helping me take the necessary steps needed to get my life back. The progress that has been made on the external part of my eye is absolutely incredible and Dr. Khan truly has a special gift. I would highly recommend Dr. Khan and the Carrot Eye Clinic for anyone who is looking to have their eyes taken care of by an incredibly talented and professional specialist who has a wonderful team of professionals who will make your experience as pleasant as possible and ensure all your needs are accommodated.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Excessive consultation fees. Did not share that there were multiple types of surgical options, and that his particular technique might not the best one for me. Tried to sell me on multiple procedures which I did not need, which is fine I understand he wanted to make the maximum fees from me possible - however given the first and second points it indicates that his revenue and not my needs were at the forefront.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr Khan performed an eyelid ptosis surgery on my son. He was a pleasure to be with and made my son very comfortable. He was knowledgable, sincere, and caring about the matter. Although the wait time for Carrot Clinic was very long, wouldn't choose another doctor!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

Dr. Khan and his staff at the Carrot Eye Surgery Clinic allowed me to have the most pleasant experience while dealing with a debilitating eye condition. I was reassured by his calm demeanour and straightforward approach. After a thorough exam, he walked me through my diagnosis and laid out the various options I had going forward. Each one was explained in detail and I was able to make an educated decision. There was no pressure to choose one over the other. He answered the numerous questions I had and made me feel very comfortable with him as my surgeon. I was then directed to the surgical coordinator, who spent time arranging all the appointments I required before and after the procedure. On the day of the surgery itself, Dr. Khan once again allayed any concerns I had and was constantly asking about my comfort during the procedure. I was sent home shortly after with all the appropriate instructions. The recovery was just as Dr. Khan described, and my condition was remarkably improved by the time of my follow-up appointment. I am extremely happy I chose Dr. Khan and the Carrot Eye Clinic for my care.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

We saw Dr. Khan for my son's eye surgery consultation recently. We were pleased with Dr. Khan's approach, communication manners, patience to answer all of the questions, etc.......Wait time to get to see the Dr. was 2.5 hours..never mind that we were warned to get charged if we would miss the appt. The Dr's assistant did not even bother to wash hands prior to administering eye drops. When asked if she washed hands (because I have not observed that) she said "yes, I did before calling you". The question is how the patient is supposed to be sure if the staff has not touched anything in the hallway before calling the patient. Patient should see the proper procedures performed by the staff in order to have trust in them!!!! It looked like the admin. and supportive staff were so unhappy.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Dr. Khan and the team are excellent, i was there for cataract surgery and could not have been more pleased with the care and the results , it was an excellent experience.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Long wait but worth while! Very knowledgeable and helpful. Experienced and answers all questions regarding my eye condition and surgery.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Did surgery with him to open my tear ducts. Unfortunately it was not successful and so did his care. Like this was the end of the road, i have super watery eyes and it looks like im always crying and teary. Not a way to live. Looking for a new optomologist now.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I was initially referred to Dr. Khan by a friend. I wanted to see the best and most experienced. He recommended Dr. Khan. It was the best advice I could have. I have been a patient of Dr. Khan for over 3 yrs. He diagnosed a very complicated eye condition and performed several surgeries to correct that condition. He literally saved my eye and life. Dr. Khan is very knowledgeable, very professional, and just a down to earth person who cares. He is also a skilled and creative surgeon. I am pleased to call him my doctor. His staff and team were just wonderful by the way. I am just so pleased. You can trust him.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

My husband and I saw Dr Khan for eyelid surgery and cataract surgery. Our experience was wonderful. The Carrot Clinic staff were smiling and friendly. Dr. Khan himself was one of the kindest doctors we have met. He was humble with no ego. He explained the procedure and all the risks and we were promptly booked. Our operations and after experience were wonderful. My eyelids looked amazing and my husband could see clearly after his cataract surgery. Dr. Khan is a genius. Go see him. You won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Dr. Yasser Khan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• BCBS Massachusetts