Ratings for Dr. Yasser Khan

Dr. Khan and his entire team at the Carrot Eye Clinic have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. I came in to see Dr. Khan in late July after suffering a very serious eye injury playing hockey. After a night spent in the Emergency Room at the hospital, I was referred to Dr. Khan and his team due to severe lacerations to both my upper and lower eyelids, one of the muscles above the eye being cut, along with a great deal of swelling, trauma, and damage to the internal and external areas of the eye. Internally, my Iris had been detached, there was damage to the lens, and it was unknown how much damage may have occurred to my retina. Dr. Khan immediately referred me to a Retina Surgeon to ensure the internal issues with my eye would be looked after by a specialist who would be responsible for evaluating any vision loss and taking the necessary steps at repairing any urgent issues related to my vision. After my initial assessment with Dr. Khan and his team, they deemed it necessary that I have surgery as soon as possible and they performed my first reconstructive surgery the very same day to ensure all of the wounds around my eye were stitched and sutured. For the next two months, Dr. Khan and his team monitored my progress, helped to manage my pain levels, and ensured that my eye was healing (both inside and outside) so that they could continue with the reconstructive surgeries. Priority had been given to resolving the external issues of my eye as until the eye could open and close on its own, there would be no way to evaluate the internal issues and any potential long term damage to my vision. To complicate things even further, I was getting married exactly 2 1/2 months from the initial date of the injury. Dr. Khan and his team monitored my progress and the moment that he felt the inflammation and swelling had decreased enough, he performed a second reconstructive surgery to repair the muscle above the eye which had been damaged to the point where I was unable to open my eyelid whatsoever. The second surgery was exploratory as it could not be known which muscle had been cut until Dr. Khan opened up the area above my eye and got a closer look as to what was going on. Although it was a very painful procedure, Dr. Khan and his team kept me calm and they were incredibly kind and reassuring during the entire surgery. The surgery took place just over 2 weeks before my wedding and Dr. Khan did everything in his power to ensure the outside of my eye would heal quickly and look as normal as possible for my wedding day. I'm happy to share that the surgery was a success, the muscle above my eye has been repaired and I was even able to have both eyes open (for the first time in over 2 months) so that I could look into my wife's eyes as we shared our vows. Words cannot begin to express how grateful I am to Dr. Khan and his team for everything they have done for me and my family. From the very first moment we attended the Carrot Eye Clinic, through the numerous (well over 10) appointments over the last 2 1/2 months, we have been taken care of by so many friendly, supportive, and professional people. The entire staff at the Carrot Eye Clinic has helped make an incredibly difficult experience so much easier and I am so thankful for everything they have done to help me get through the scariest time of my life. I still have a long road to recovery ahead of me, but Dr. Khan has done everything possible to fix the external area of my eye so that I can finally have the internal damage evaluated and repaired. We do not yet know the full extent of this injury, and we may not know for quite some time. What we do know is that Dr. Khan and his team have gone above and beyond the call of duty in helping me deal with such a serious injury, and for this I am truly blessed. Thank you to Dr. Khan and his entire team for helping me take the necessary steps needed to get my life back. The progress that has been made on the external part of my eye is absolutely incredible and Dr. Khan truly has a special gift. I would highly recommend Dr. Khan and the Carrot Eye Clinic for anyone who is looking to have their eyes taken care of by an incredibly talented and professional specialist who has a wonderful team of professionals who will make your experience as pleasant as possible and ensure all your needs are accommodated.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

My husband and I saw Dr Khan for eyelid surgery and cataract surgery. Our experience was wonderful. The Carrot Clinic staff were smiling and friendly. Dr. Khan himself was one of the kindest doctors we have met. He was humble with no ego. He explained the procedure and all the risks and we were promptly booked. Our operations and after experience were wonderful. My eyelids looked amazing and my husband could see clearly after his cataract surgery. Dr. Khan is a genius. Go see him. You won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

Waited over an hour for my appointment. I had some problems following a procedure. I contacted the office, left messages, faxed a letter! No reply to my inquiries despite my best efforts. I believe I have some permanent damage caused by my procedure. I booked another appointment to complain and get some answers. Dr. Kahn was dismissive of my concerns, he shrugged it off as "these things happen". He seemed stoned or high on drugs when I saw him last, behaved in a weird, hyper manner. I'm not going back, seeking treatment now from another Doctor in Toronto who said my situation should have never happened.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Double and even triple books on a regular basis. Wait times are 3hrs+ all the time. Messed up my eye surgery. I now have a misshapen eyelid that he will not fix because it would be considered cosmetic surgery. These things happen, he said. Did the surgery even thought the numbing was coming out and it hurt so bad...told me to suck it up. He was in a hurry, had other patients to attend to. Kept putting off my request to fix his mistake. Basically said oh well, these things happen. Wish I had never gone to him and the doctor that referred me said he will not refer to him in the future.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

There is nothing good about it to comments I wish sorry for myself to be in there clinic

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Dr Khan is fine. The problem is getting to see him. The Carrot Eye Clinic has to one of the worst places I've ever had the misfortune to visit. My wife has a condition that requires Dr. Khan's attention every 3 months. So, after a visit, we try to book the next one. Their system doesn't allow it. This last time, we called the clinic in early May. We were given an appointment in late June. Then they called back to move the appointment to mid-July. Meanwhile my wife is suffering and her quality of life deteriorates every day. I emailed them several days ago about options (calling on the phone is a waste of time) and they don't even bother to respond. Even when you get an appointment, you can count on waiting anywhere from 2 to 3 hours to see the doctor.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Being a doctor is much more than this man is. If you value your health, time and money do not go to this man. The worst experience ever. Stuff unfriendly, rude and won't even acknowledge you once you come in. Paid for the removal of the cholesterol build up on both eyes. Felt the pain at the end of the procedure. Told him about it and was advised that "it will be over soon." Didn't even finish the surgery, had his assistant complete the last stitches. Went out a few times during the procedure. Talked on his mobile. At the end of the procedure took the unpackaged gauze and put it in my bare hand to "clean" my stiches. Told me the build up will not be back. A few months after on one eye I had to have it removed again. This time by another doctor as I couldn't make an appointment with Carrot clinic. They kept cancelling each appointment that I finally gave up and found another doctor. Procedure was done in less than 10 minutes. Painless and no scar. At least this time the money was well spent. This man that calls himself a doctor is a poor excuse of one. It takes more than what he has (or doesn't have) to offer to a patient. A human touch. Again, if you value yourself DO NOT go there.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

One of the best really. Very talented and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

This clinic is TERRIBLE!! DO not go there, it is a waste of time of visit Carrot Eye clinic in Missisauga. I had an apt scheduled in March, but apparently it wasnt' to get the procedure done, it was a consulation? For WHAT? My information was forwarded

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I do not recommend Dr. Kahn. I was forwarded to him by my Hamilton Dr. for cataract surgery. They scheduled me right away for laser eye measurements at a cost of $275 not covered by OHIP. Six months later I was still awaiting surgery having not heard from the clinic even once. My Hamilton doctor then referred me to another Burlington clinic who did the complete job in less than 10 days. I requested a refund from them and never heard back. My advise is DO NOT USE Dr. Khan or his clinic. They are KAHN ARTISTS.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016