Ratings for Dr. Yasser Khan

Dr. Khan and his entire team at the Carrot Eye Clinic have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. I came in to see Dr. Khan in late July after suffering a very serious eye injury playing hockey. After a night spent in the Emergency Room at the hospital, I was referred to Dr. Khan and his team due to severe lacerations to both my upper and lower eyelids, one of the muscles above the eye being cut, along with a great deal of swelling, trauma, and damage to the internal and external areas of the eye. Internally, my Iris had been detached, there was damage to the lens, and it was unknown how much damage may have occurred to my retina. Dr. Khan immediately referred me to a Retina Surgeon to ensure the internal issues with my eye would be looked after by a specialist who would be responsible for evaluating any vision loss and taking the necessary steps at repairing any urgent issues related to my vision. After my initial assessment with Dr. Khan and his team, they deemed it necessary that I have surgery as soon as possible and they performed my first reconstructive surgery the very same day to ensure all of the wounds around my eye were stitched and sutured. For the next two months, Dr. Khan and his team monitored my progress, helped to manage my pain levels, and ensured that my eye was healing (both inside and outside) so that they could continue with the reconstructive surgeries. Priority had been given to resolving the external issues of my eye as until the eye could open and close on its own, there would be no way to evaluate the internal issues and any potential long term damage to my vision. To complicate things even further, I was getting married exactly 2 1/2 months from the initial date of the injury. Dr. Khan and his team monitored my progress and the moment that he felt the inflammation and swelling had decreased enough, he performed a second reconstructive surgery to repair the muscle above the eye which had been damaged to the point where I was unable to open my eyelid whatsoever. The second surgery was exploratory as it could not be known which muscle had been cut until Dr. Khan opened up the area above my eye and got a closer look as to what was going on. Although it was a very painful procedure, Dr. Khan and his team kept me calm and they were incredibly kind and reassuring during the entire surgery. The surgery took place just over 2 weeks before my wedding and Dr. Khan did everything in his power to ensure the outside of my eye would heal quickly and look as normal as possible for my wedding day. I'm happy to share that the surgery was a success, the muscle above my eye has been repaired and I was even able to have both eyes open (for the first time in over 2 months) so that I could look into my wife's eyes as we shared our vows. Words cannot begin to express how grateful I am to Dr. Khan and his team for everything they have done for me and my family. From the very first moment we attended the Carrot Eye Clinic, through the numerous (well over 10) appointments over the last 2 1/2 months, we have been taken care of by so many friendly, supportive, and professional people. The entire staff at the Carrot Eye Clinic has helped make an incredibly difficult experience so much easier and I am so thankful for everything they have done to help me get through the scariest time of my life. I still have a long road to recovery ahead of me, but Dr. Khan has done everything possible to fix the external area of my eye so that I can finally have the internal damage evaluated and repaired. We do not yet know the full extent of this injury, and we may not know for quite some time. What we do know is that Dr. Khan and his team have gone above and beyond the call of duty in helping me deal with such a serious injury, and for this I am truly blessed. Thank you to Dr. Khan and his entire team for helping me take the necessary steps needed to get my life back. The progress that has been made on the external part of my eye is absolutely incredible and Dr. Khan truly has a special gift. I would highly recommend Dr. Khan and the Carrot Eye Clinic for anyone who is looking to have their eyes taken care of by an incredibly talented and professional specialist who has a wonderful team of professionals who will make your experience as pleasant as possible and ensure all your needs are accommodated.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr . Kahn very good, office staff absolutely horrible. Staff do not answer phones, let them go to voicemail IF your lucky enough to get to VM most times it hangs up on you or VM is full. Staff totally incompetent and will walk into your scheduled appointment. I would not recommend this office. Find another practice. Minimum wait time over 2 hours.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I am a teacher by profession, worked for consecutive 10 years. My job involved constant book reading and searching new articles online that put too much strain on my eyes, which created trouble for me to continue my job. I approached Dr. Khan, suggested by my neighbour. Dr. Khan discovered cataracts in my left eye. He suggested me to go for lens implants. I was afraid because I feared the surgical instruments but he completely erased my fear of surgery by confirming it to be least invasive. The treatment I went through, was highly professional and accurate. The professional nursing, care and support given to me by Dr. Khan & associates were remarkable. I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Khan & associates. I am very happy that I can continue my work without any problem.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Both me and my husband feel very lucky to find such a great and knowledgeable doctor in town. Great job Dr Yasser 👍👍👍

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Excellent Staff, friendly environment very caring and knowledgeable doctor. Dr. Yasser Khan is the best ophthalmologist!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Very Intelligent, knowledgable and caring. I would highly recommend Doctor Yasser for eye issues.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

The staff seems to be highly professional. Dr. Yasser is very knowledgeable and kind.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Excellent services by Dr. Yasser and Team. Highly recommended!!!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

The staff at Mississauga office told me outright that there is a minimum of 2 hours wait time. I can't fathom how anyone could be so ignorant and disrespectful to patients' time. And if make any complaints, the staff makes you feel guilty by expecting to be treated better than others who are already ahead of you. I suspect the Philippino office manager is mostly to blame. The doctor himself is also part of the problem since he appears weak in peoples' skill but he should not be faulted if he hires a better office manager. I am not sure if they are trying to meet a quota fro financial gain by using this cattle herding approach on their patients.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I don't have very much respect for dr office that dont respect people's time. This clinic is obviously run by inept monkeys that only know how to make appointments but not how to keep them! Dr. Yasser Khan: you might be a star doctor, but take a look why your patients have to wait 2-3 hrs to see you! Nobody tells me upon confirm'n that the appt will have 2-3 hrs waiting time. What a waste! Will call Min. of Health to make sure I don't get charged for their inefficiencies! Left the appt b4 seeing the dr for another commitment.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Yasser Khan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients