Ratings for Dr. Delani Kotarba

I was injured by Delani Kotarba on July 17th, 2015, during what was supposed to be a routine internal exam. I am still injured more than one year later. If anyone else has been injured by her please e-mail me at: bondg36@hotmail.com

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

She was horrible, she told me that i was too fat, i have to lose weight apparently thats why i couldn't get pregnant. I highly dont recommend this doctor, unless you want to get badmouthed.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I don't understand all the nasty reviews on here. I was nervous after reading all these about going, but we met with her first the first time today, she was punctual, extremely knowledgeable, very proactive in getting a bunch of test ordered to get the ball rolling quickly. She made us both feel at ease. I get the impression that once test results are in and it's not looking good she gets straight to the point but what's wrong with that? Wouldn't you rather know the reality of situation and start working on other options instead of wasting time with false hope. My first impression was very positive and she was very pleasant. I really liked her and really think she knows her stuff!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

She is a cold condescending heartless b**** Stay far away from her

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Kotarba is very professional. She was thorough in taking the time to answer any questions my husband and I had, was friendly, and was compassionate when we went through a miscarriage. I'm not currently a patient after deciding to take some time off from all the 'fertility stuff' following our miscarriage, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

I don't understand People that say she is not a good dr. because she does not have good bed side manner or too arragnet or she looks like she just walked out of a fashion show. You have to understand the she is a DR. not your friend. Her job is to get solve your fertility issues. Her job is not to hold your hand and you go to her so you can get pregnant. So unless you are commenting on her medicale skills don't review her or her personality. I have had her and she did a major surgery for me and she did her JOB very well.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I have to disagree with the comments below. Dr. Kotarba is an excellent doctor and I can thank my 8 month old son to her. She's straight forward and gives you facts and chances. Obviously she can't do miracles or give you fake hope to make you feel better. She's professional, knowledge and I admire her to be honest. I was referred to OFC back in 2014. Within 6 weeks I saw Dr. Kotarba. My cycles were irregular and my husbands sperm count was low (he had had a vasectomy reversal done by Dr. Grober in Toronto). She was honest and told him to quit smoking and cut back the alcohol and do another sperm analyses. He sure did and 6 months later his sperm count was normal. We tried clomid for 3 or 4 cycles and didn't get pregnant. I have skinny pcos (my only symptom is irregular cycles). She said we could keep trying clomid but we were eager on getting pregnant and had the funds available for an IVF (we skipped the IUI as our choice. She never pushed the IVF on us). Again she was honest and gave us 40% chances. She didn't guarantee us it would work. How could she? She's not God. We took her advice and 3 months prior cut out all booze, started working out, took our vitamins. The protocol and IVF was a success first try. We got pregnant. She was always punctual, professional and answered all our questions. Her assistant is top notch. Always called back same day when I had questions. The nurses are the best I've ever met. All the staff is amazing. I went in a couple months after my son was born and was we was with warm smiles by the whole staff. 8 months after my son was born we are back to see Dr.Kotarba. I asked yo be referred to her again. We had our first appt last week and she immediately remembered us and couldn't hide the fact of how happy she was to see us, meeting our son. We are in the process of doing a frozen embryo transfer. She promptly gave us all the requisitions and a letter - so I can have my Mexico trip refunded (due to Zikka virus). She was amazing to us as always.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

She is horrible ! So rude , cold hearted, arrogant and I can go on. I don't know what she's doing at that clinic, she doesn't belong there and she's far from being a good doctor because it's true what everyone says , she makes your life so much harder , puts all your hopes down and just takes money. Every visit she would say something different and we were lucky enough if she looked at us twice . Whenever we had questions , she seemed annoyed and barely answered them. Whatever you do, do not go to her .. She thinks she's the best at her job but she is truly the worst ! Have never met a person like her . It's so funny what publicity has beside her name , saying she likes to guide her patients .. Haha It's all a joke and so unreal ! She doesn't care about anyone!! Whatever you do, AVOID her , unless you want to spend years and lots of money at the clinic.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Terrible, unacceptable experience. So frustrating that this is the only fertility clinic in Ottawa and there isn't another choice. Whomever wrote positive comments below must be herself writing fake comments because I know they just aren't true. This woman is arrogant, terribly condescending, cold and just so very bad at her job, though she tries to act confident. After many expensive failed tries we still have no results . Started going there in my late twenties and 3 years later still nothing- had everything just run by a top US fertility clinic and basically Kotarba/the OFC has been cycling me all wrong all along and not testing me for crucial things such as immune factors. Total waste of money and energy and time. I'm switching clinics now and only wish I would have done so before. Avoid Kotarba /OFC at all costs!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I strongly agree with a lot of the comments on here about Dr. Kotarba. My husband and I found her to be very arrogant and cold. We spent thousands of dollars at this clinic with multiple failed ivf cycles and we felt as though we were almost being experimented on, switching from one protocol to another every time one wouldn't work, without finding out what the real issue might be. We decided to switch clinics and found a clinic in Toronto where they did a whole bunch of immune testing on the both of us. This was something that wasn't even suggested to us by Dr. Kotarba, I don't even know if the Ottawa Clinic does this kind of testing. The clinic in Toronto found out that I had immune issues and I was treated for those and we finally got pregnant! I always said that if I ever got pregnant I would come back and write a review. In the end, none of these doctors actually care about us, for them it's all about the money! Before spending thousands of dollars on treatment like we did, make absolutley sure that you are tested for everything possible beforehand!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015