You may also like

Rate Dr. Delani Kotarba

Dr. Delani Kotarba's Ratings

Hello I went to see this woman three years ago when I was 40 I wanted to have a tubal reversal my husband has no children and is 13 years younger then me. My first appt with her she was amazing, she told me that she loved doing the surgery and gave me all the instructions etc. We made a surgery date and everything was great. After waiting for my cycle to start so I could have the neccessary tests done prior to surgery I never started. I called the office and they had me go in to do blood tests. I recieved a call later and was told to come in to the office. When we met with her she told me that I was pre menopuase and she would not perform the surgery. I was devastaded she was cold rude and I begged her to help me. I said I didnt care I would take my chances even if it was 1% chance. Several woman have gotten pregnant when they were given no chance and I wanted that chance. She would not even listen to me, instead she insulted my size, she knew I was dieting and had lost close to 50lbs, and she tolds me it wasnt worth it! The only option we had was IVF from a donor. To my surprise a co-worker whom was 23 volunteered to donate for me. I was excited and made the $350.00 appointment. My co-worker came to me after and stated she couldnt go through with it and that the Dr had advised her of all the serious life threatening risks to my co worker. My co- worker also stated that she felt that the Dr didnt want to take the case. I was heart broken and surely I could not find another donor and I cant afford the donated eggs! My husband and I will be childless and it is all thanks to Dr. Kotarba. She had absoloutely NO sympathy for me while I cried my heart out during that second appt. The insult to my weight and lack of empathy I will never forget. During that time my cycle was very irregular I was loosing weight and stressed because of the fertility ordeals I am a full time nurse and I work long days so I believe my cycle was just off, Its 3 years later and my cycle is back to normal! She cheated me and ruined my chances for a child. Now I am almost 44 and I could not have a child with my eggs it would be too risky. I will never ever forget what that woman did to me and my husband, she embarrassed me and then ruined my only chance for donor eggs!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Just no comments. Very poor and cold service, unfortunately this is the only fertility clinic in Ottawa.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2813650].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Hi. Earlier I wrote that Dr. Kotarba was cold, rude and that I regretted going to her. I would like to retract that comment for it is not true and should not not have written it. Sorry Dr Kotarba.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2802598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Cold, rude. Was late, spent two minutes telling me to give up naturally trying (despite two successful pregnancies in my past) and pay for the IVF. Then spent the rest of MY appointment arguing on the phone over a fax she may or may not have received for a surprise inspection the next day, then pawned me off on her receptionist. Never gave me the results on my many many tests. Never had a kind word to say to me. Not even willing to try fertility meds to regulate my irregular cycles. Just wanted me to cough up $20 000+ for IVF. Never returned my phone calls, even when I thought I was dying after a rough tubal patency exam and she was the oncall doctor! Would not send my cat to see her...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2753933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

I found this Dr. Kotarba and her staff to be cold and rude like other reviewers have said. I was sorry I went to see her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2719139].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

I have been meaning to post here for quite some time to provide my experience with Dr. Kotarba. Others have said she doesn't have a warm bedside manner-I wasn't fussed by this either way. My concern is with the quality of care at the OFC...and in Ontario especially given that fertility clinics aren't regulated under a specific governing body according to fertility standards. High level-DO your due diligence before spending thousands of dollars on fertility treatment as it expensive! I was misdiagnosed by Dr. K (no surprise as she spent 10 minutes on the physical) even though I had a history of a medical condition and multiple surgeries. Ended up having poor cycles without any change in protocol from the first to the second cycle. Even their "average egg ratio" per patient is low relative to other Ontario clients. Needs to say, I ended up researching clinics in Toronto (figured I was spending so much money anyways) and found a great doctor who did a three hour initial consult including tests that the OFC did not even BOTHER to do (including genetic screening). With a simple change in protocol, actual 'hands-on' consultation and involvement (vs. waiting an hour and being handled by whoever was on call), my egg yield doubled by 50%. In the end-didn't do a second round as further tests indicated that my genetic bowel condition-which has been dormant-may come back so have proceeded with other options. Again-the OFC never even indicated that this would have been a concern. So please-reseach, review and make the best choice vs. defaulting to the clinic that is in your geographical area.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2700112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Had concerns about getting pregnant due to highly irregular periods and only having 7 cycles a year. Dr. Kotarba was not concerned and recommended IVF or trying naturally. Ended up asking me to get a referral to a gynecologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2681217].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

An expert in her field. Does not mince words - gets to the point. She performed surgery for me while I was receiving treatment at the OFC. Despite her brisk manner, she was reassuring. I knew that I was in good hands with her. She's obviously brilliant and experienced. Has a surprisingly zany sense of humour. The procedure went fine, biopsy negative and I went on to get pregnant and have a healthy baby some months later. She is a doctor I trust without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2662230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

Very rude and cold. Not able to look at you; just write her notes on her computer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

Dr Delani Kotarba est spéciale, elle est remplie de compassion et d'amour pour ses patients. Je recommande ce Dr à toutes les femmes qui veulent un traitement au centre de fertilité. Mon expérience avec Dr Delani Kotarba fut un succès!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621371].votes_count ]]