You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Delani Kotarba

I have to disagree with the comments below. Dr. Kotarba is an excellent doctor and I can thank my 8 month old son to her. She's straight forward and gives you facts and chances. Obviously she can't do miracles or give you fake hope to make you feel better. She's professional, knowledge and I admire her to be honest. I was referred to OFC back in 2014. Within 6 weeks I saw Dr. Kotarba. My cycles were irregular and my husbands sperm count was low (he had had a vasectomy reversal done by Dr. Grober in Toronto). She was honest and told him to quit smoking and cut back the alcohol and do another sperm analyses. He sure did and 6 months later his sperm count was normal. We tried clomid for 3 or 4 cycles and didn't get pregnant. I have skinny pcos (my only symptom is irregular cycles). She said we could keep trying clomid but we were eager on getting pregnant and had the funds available for an IVF (we skipped the IUI as our choice. She never pushed the IVF on us). Again she was honest and gave us 40% chances. She didn't guarantee us it would work. How could she? She's not God. We took her advice and 3 months prior cut out all booze, started working out, took our vitamins. The protocol and IVF was a success first try. We got pregnant. She was always punctual, professional and answered all our questions. Her assistant is top notch. Always called back same day when I had questions. The nurses are the best I've ever met. All the staff is amazing. I went in a couple months after my son was born and was we was with warm smiles by the whole staff. 8 months after my son was born we are back to see Dr.Kotarba. I asked yo be referred to her again. We had our first appt last week and she immediately remembered us and couldn't hide the fact of how happy she was to see us, meeting our son. We are in the process of doing a frozen embryo transfer. She promptly gave us all the requisitions and a letter - so I can have my Mexico trip refunded (due to Zikka virus). She was amazing to us as always.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

She is horrible ! So rude , cold hearted, arrogant and I can go on. I don't know what she's doing at that clinic, she doesn't belong there and she's far from being a good doctor because it's true what everyone says , she makes your life so much harder , puts all your hopes down and just takes money. Every visit she would say something different and we were lucky enough if she looked at us twice . Whenever we had questions , she seemed annoyed and barely answered them. Whatever you do, do not go to her .. She thinks she's the best at her job but she is truly the worst ! Have never met a person like her . It's so funny what publicity has beside her name , saying she likes to guide her patients .. Haha It's all a joke and so unreal ! She doesn't care about anyone!! Whatever you do, AVOID her , unless you want to spend years and lots of money at the clinic.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Terrible, unacceptable experience. So frustrating that this is the only fertility clinic in Ottawa and there isn't another choice. Whomever wrote positive comments below must be herself writing fake comments because I know they just aren't true. This woman is arrogant, terribly condescending, cold and just so very bad at her job, though she tries to act confident. After many expensive failed tries we still have no results . Started going there in my late twenties and 3 years later still nothing- had everything just run by a top US fertility clinic and basically Kotarba/the OFC has been cycling me all wrong all along and not testing me for crucial things such as immune factors. Total waste of money and energy and time. I'm switching clinics now and only wish I would have done so before. Avoid Kotarba /OFC at all costs!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I strongly agree with a lot of the comments on here about Dr. Kotarba. My husband and I found her to be very arrogant and cold. We spent thousands of dollars at this clinic with multiple failed ivf cycles and we felt as though we were almost being experimented on, switching from one protocol to another every time one wouldn't work, without finding out what the real issue might be. We decided to switch clinics and found a clinic in Toronto where they did a whole bunch of immune testing on the both of us. This was something that wasn't even suggested to us by Dr. Kotarba, I don't even know if the Ottawa Clinic does this kind of testing. The clinic in Toronto found out that I had immune issues and I was treated for those and we finally got pregnant! I always said that if I ever got pregnant I would come back and write a review. In the end, none of these doctors actually care about us, for them it's all about the money! Before spending thousands of dollars on treatment like we did, make absolutley sure that you are tested for everything possible beforehand!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

I personally think all of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Every person has their own journey in life and who are you to blame a physician for something that is not in their control. It is clinically proven that patients with a BMI of under 35 are less likely to get pregnant naturally or with help, it is also clinically proven that if a pregnancy does achieve for these patients they are at a high risk of miscarriage or pregnancy complications. All clinics in Ontario have policies. Some centers have weight restrictions for a reason it is not the specific doctors choice. You would be equally upset if the clinic you were choosing took your thousands of dollars at 0 chance of success. Infertility is a roller coaster of emotional ups and downs and doctors are there to guide you to a successful and happy pregnancy. Not for more heartbreak and anger. Also, if the majority of people this day and age are choosing to have children past 40 that is a personal choice. Do not blame others for putting your careers and financial well being. Children are not a luxury and you don't get to pick and choose. So I understand how frustrating it may be to hear from a medical professional that your eggs are too old, they are not being rude they are giving you honest, proven facts. I hope you all find peace in your life as you try to bring others down and slam them for trying to help. People may not appreciate honesty, I do and I know when it comes times for me to do IVF, its because its the best option for me. I am not choosing to wait to have children in my forty's nor is my weight a factor. Just a family wanting the same thing as everyone else, but by God when things do not go my way I will not be putting my doctor down because I didn't achieve the outcome I wanted. You all are a bunch of spoiled brats and karma has a good way of coming back to haunt you.

Submitted November 12, 2015

I spent 5 years trying to get pregnant at this clinic and under the care of Dr. Kotarba. After multiple failed ivfs and iuis without any explanation as to what the issue might be, we had enough. We started doing research and found an amazing doctor in the states who finally found out what my issue was! Elevated Natural Killers Cells. After 5 years of heartache, I finally found out why nothing was working and I am finally pregnant with my miracle! !! If I can give one piece of advice, it would be : do your research and don't stay somewhere you aren't happy with because you think that it's your only option. I know there is only 1 fertility clinic in Ottawa, but we made the sacrifice of leaving the city for treatment and it was the best decision we ever made. If you have endometriosis ladies, INSIST on getting treated for elevated natural killers cells. If only I would have known 5 years ago, who knows how different things could be. Good luck to everyone who is struggling and I hope to save someone the heartache I went through for so long.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Forgot to mention, as I read a few previous posts, the fact that you dress nicely does not make you a good and caring doctor. Im sorry but there are a few posts below that are fake or written by her or her staff. When you are in the process of conceiving you are in a very emotional state and require an expert with compassion and sensitivity, all lacking with Dr. Kotarba.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

Terrible experience with Dr. Kotarba, I would not recommend her to anyone! I went to an appointment in 2012 because I was 38 and couldn't get pregnant, she sent me to do dome tests and when we went to the second appointment she dismissed me with no pity or manners, cold, rude, everything people have written about her is true. Well but the worst part was that she told me to forget about any treatment, that I was not going to be able to have my own kids unless I looked for a donor and she even told me that looking for a donor would be a difficult and super expensive task, and after giving us her brief and direct " get out of my office" speech she asked us to not forget to pay before leaving. I was shocked. Well I tried to reach her a few months later and of course she doesn't have an email which makes sense because she would probably get quite a few interesting mails. Anyway, the reason I wanted to contact her was to tell her that she completely messed up or didn't do her work because I delivered a healthy boy in 2013 and without any fertility treatments or donors.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

It's a very unfortunate that I was referred to her by my doctor, as others said before, she has no bed side manners, very cold and poorly eye contact. She doesn't care... she has already her own family! In the first appointment with her, I was excited as she was never concerned that I was over 30, however, she offended me by rubbing on my face my age when the treatment wasn't working. As a good observer that I am, the majority age of her female patients are insanely young towards the age of low the fertility hates. I saw 80% of 20's year olds at OFC looking for help. I guess, it's easy for her to be successful in terms of pregnancies results for those women. Also, she's very concerned of patients weight but, the true is, I know a lot of overweight and obese ladies out there very well pregnant. So please, no excuses or patient blaming! This is very disrespectful to your patients.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Hello I went to see this woman three years ago when I was 40 I wanted to have a tubal reversal my husband has no children and is 13 years younger then me. My first appt with her she was amazing, she told me that she loved doing the surgery and gave me all the instructions etc. We made a surgery date and everything was great. After waiting for my cycle to start so I could have the neccessary tests done prior to surgery I never started. I called the office and they had me go in to do blood tests. I recieved a call later and was told to come in to the office. When we met with her she told me that I was pre menopuase and she would not perform the surgery. I was devastaded she was cold rude and I begged her to help me. I said I didnt care I would take my chances even if it was 1% chance. Several woman have gotten pregnant when they were given no chance and I wanted that chance. She would not even listen to me, instead she insulted my size, she knew I was dieting and had lost close to 50lbs, and she tolds me it wasnt worth it! The only option we had was IVF from a donor. To my surprise a co-worker whom was 23 volunteered to donate for me. I was excited and made the $350.00 appointment. My co-worker came to me after and stated she couldnt go through with it and that the Dr had advised her of all the serious life threatening risks to my co worker. My co- worker also stated that she felt that the Dr didnt want to take the case. I was heart broken and surely I could not find another donor and I cant afford the donated eggs! My husband and I will be childless and it is all thanks to Dr. Kotarba. She had absoloutely NO sympathy for me while I cried my heart out during that second appt. The insult to my weight and lack of empathy I will never forget. During that time my cycle was very irregular I was loosing weight and stressed because of the fertility ordeals I am a full time nurse and I work long days so I believe my cycle was just off, Its 3 years later and my cycle is back to normal! She cheated me and ruined my chances for a child. Now I am almost 44 and I could not have a child with my eggs it would be too risky. I will never ever forget what that woman did to me and my husband, she embarrassed me and then ruined my only chance for donor eggs!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Delani Kotarba's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have to disagree with the comments below. Dr. Kotarba is an excellent doctor and I can thank my 8 month old son to her. She's straight forward and gives you f..."

May 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She is horrible ! So rude , cold hearted, arrogant and I can go on. I don't know what she's doing at that clinic, she doesn't belong there and she's far from be..."

April 27, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Terrible, unacceptable experience. So frustrating that this is the only fertility clinic in Ottawa and there isn't another choice. Whomever wrote positive comm..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I strongly agree with a lot of the comments on here about Dr. Kotarba. My husband and I found her to be very arrogant and cold. We spent thousands of dollars ..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I personally think all of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Every person has their own journey in life and who are you to blame a physician for something th..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I spent 5 years trying to get pregnant at this clinic and under the care of Dr. Kotarba. After multiple failed ivfs and iuis without any explanation as to what..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Forgot to mention, as I read a few previous posts, the fact that you dress nicely does not make you a good and caring doctor. Im sorry but there are a few posts..."

August 15, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Terrible experience with Dr. Kotarba, I would not recommend her to anyone! I went to an appointment in 2012 because I was 38 and couldn't get pregnant, she sent..."

August 14, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "It's a very unfortunate that I was referred to her by my doctor, as others said before, she has no bed side manners, very cold and poorly eye contact. She does..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Hello I went to see this woman three years ago when I was 40 I wanted to have a tubal reversal my husband has no children and is 13 years younger then me. My fi..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Just no comments. Very poor and cold service, unfortunately this is the only fertility clinic in Ottawa."

May 20, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Hi. Earlier I wrote that Dr. Kotarba was cold, rude and that I regretted going to her. I would like to retract that comment for it is not true and should not ..."

May 9, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. " Cold, rude. Was late, spent two minutes telling me to give up naturally trying (despite two successful pregnancies in my past) and pay for the IVF. Then spen..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I found this Dr. Kotarba and her staff to be cold and rude like other reviewers have said. I was sorry I went to see her."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have been meaning to post here for quite some time to provide my experience with Dr. Kotarba. Others have said she doesn't have a warm bedside manner-I wasn'..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Had concerns about getting pregnant due to highly irregular periods and only having 7 cycles a year. Dr. Kotarba was not concerned and recommended IVF or trying..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "An expert in her field. Does not mince words - gets to the point. She performed surgery for me while I was receiving treatment at the OFC. Despite her brisk man..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Very rude and cold. Not able to look at you; just write her notes on her computer."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Delani Kotarba est spéciale, elle est remplie de compassion et d'amour pour ses patients. Je recommande ce Dr à toutes les femmes qui veulent un traitement a..."

November 16, 2014