Ratings for Dr. J. Pearson

My SO and I met with this guy as we are looking for a family physician. I honestly do not know how he is still allowed to practice medicine. Needless to say, we tax payers just paid this guy who has absolutely no business practicing for us to spend 2 minutes of him asking our names, are we on any medication, then tell us we “don’t fit”. I’d say we don’t fit as we seem to be healthier than us-even with me having a fracture on my foot!!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Saw Dr. Pearson in place of my regular family physician, due to a minor injury that I wanted to get checked out right away. The most unsettling experience I've had with any medical professional ever. It alarms me that the clinic and college of surgeons allows this man to practice. Never have I experienced such poor bedside manner, no eye contact, didn't introduce himself, etc. I had specific questions regarding my injury which included immediate care advice and further rehab requirements. Not only did he not clearly answer my questions, he was rude and his solution was to "not do anything that hurts it". I'm not an idiot, and know that if you're injured you should avoid activities that aggravate the injury and cause you additional pain. I agree with the below comments saying he has visible indicators suggesting some sort of medical condition of his own. This is however not an excuse, and I feel that he is not competent to be a practicing physician. I would avoid this doctor at all costs, and if you need immediate care, go to the walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Total waste of time, made an appointment for a meet and greet and possibly have him for a GP. Shuffled into the room no greeting from him I said "Good morning", no response from him just sat in front of his computer and painfully poked at the keyboard. Asked what meds I was on, had them on my phone and showed him, he took note of them then asked why I was there. Told him I wasn't happy with my current practitioner then he proceeded to tell me that I have a doctor and he wouldn't take me on and told me to leave. How this individual gets paid to be in practice is totally amazing! Unfortunately the rating scale doesn't have negatives he'd get them all.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

My wife booked an appointment for me with. Over the phone she made it clear to the receptionist that it was for a pre-employment medical examination and that it was a long form that needs filled out. The receptionist said that she understood and that there will be a fee. I showed up to my appointment this afternoon and when Dr. Pearson walked into the medical room he shakily went straight to his computer without introducing himself. Mumbled and asked why I was there today. I explained I had an appointment for the exam and showed him the form. He looked at the form with an annoyed look and in two seconds he came to the conclusion that I should have made an extended appointment and that I should have filled most of it out on my own(the form states in bold laters that all info must be completed by healthcare professional). He also said I would have to contact about 3 different specialists for different sections of the form and that the only part he could fill out (about 5% of entire form) would need to be rebooked for next week and that it would be a charge of 120 dollars. On the way out I questioned the receptionist about the kind of appointment booked and he said it was only for a meet and greet and my wife was lying. I went across the street to another walk in clinic and Within an hour was able to see a doctor who would fill out the entire form. Do not see Dr. Pearson. He appears to have completely given up in life, severely overweight. Extremely laboured breath and absolutely no social skills. His laziness could have potentially cost me the employment opportunity of a lifetime.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

This was a truly shockingly awful medical experience. I unfortunately have to confirm everything everyone else has reported. Upon arriving 10 minutes early for my appointment I waited 40 minutes, only to be accused of being late by both the receptionist (totally unprofessional guy wearing a track suit) and then by Dr. Pearson . It was the first thing out of his mouth. Pearson shambled into the exam room without saying a word — no introduction, no nothing. He then sat at his computer making gurgling, snoring sounds while he was breathing and asked me a few entirely random questions while pecking at the keyboard. He then said "we'll see you when we see you. Go tell the front desk to book an appointment for a full exam." I promptly walked out the front door. Never going back to this clinic, and I am going to get in touch with the College of Physicians and the Sask Medical Association to report this. Truly, mind-mindbogglingly, baffling awful doctor. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

I agree with the other ratings. I saw Dr. Pearson when my regular doctor was booked. He made the front staff move me to a different room because he wanted to see a different patient before me only to move me back. Zero eye contact, and he barely spoke. He wrote me a prescription and said that was the "best he could do" rather than doing a proper exam. It was the most uncomfortable experience with a medical professional. I do not feel confident in his ability and would no recommend.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Like all comments below, unprofessional has some mental disability, doesn’t make eye contact. Feel bad for him as he was in way worse shape than I was. Went in with a shoulder injury didn’t look at it didn’t see what range of motion I had nothing. No wonder why this doctor is accepting new patients. He must lose every single one he gets, absolutely terrible experience, how he is a qualified doctor is inbelievable. That will definitely be much first and last visit. Do not recommend anyone to go see him.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Same as the rest. Regular Dr away so I saw this guy. Didn’t even look at me. Just typed slowly on computer. Said 6 words in entire visit. He does not look healthy but if that’s no excuse. Do the job or should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Agree 100% with all the reviews, reading them was like a déjà bvu of my appt. when he first came to the door, he just stood and stared at me, after a few seconds of that introduced himself. Was probably the most uncomfortable appt I have ever had with a doctor. I do however feel there is something medically wrong with him, stroke, MS or Parkinson's. He probably should not be practicing as from all the reviews does not sound like he is providing a service. Felt bad for him, but felt more sorry for any unsuspecting person that gets him at the clinic. I will pass next time my doctor is away.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

The worst experience with a doctor ever. I went to see him with a sick baby who has been sick for 3 weeks and he did nothing and asked me to wait until my family doctor come back from his vacation one month later!!! I was shocked with his response. He is no doctor.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017