Dr. Brian T. Helfand

Ratings for Dr. Brian T. Helfand

Dr. Helfand was the surgeon for my prostatectomy a month and a half ago. I can't say enough about him as an accomplished surgeon in his field, but also his amazing people skills. He is very passionate about prostate surgery. He's been doing prostatectomy for decades, and started with robotic assist surgery when it first came available about 15 years ago. So, I couldn't find anyone with more experience--I looked. Besides this technical skill and knowledge, his bedside manner is quite amazing. Every time I'm in appointment with him, and on surgery day, I seemed to be his only concern. He communicated everything I needed to know, and patiently answered all my extra questions. These qualities get five stars deservedly. Unfortunately, I've run out of stars, and can't give another for his super friendly demeanor on top of these technical abilities. He is always smiling and feels like an actual friend.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

Dr. Helfand and his team is great! Always helpful when I have questions and always checking in on me. I had a prostatectomy with Dr. Helfand and he even gave me direct phone line to all i needed to reach. His assistant and nurses are all very helpful. They really prepare you for what you are going to experience and that is the best of all. I received reminder calls for every step of the way. I would send anyone with Prostate problems or Prostate Cancer their way!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Best prostate cancer team in town! Saved my life! Cancer doesn't end at surgery- they watch you for a long time and that makes my decision to have surgery with Dr. Brian so worth it! Martha is always there to answer questions! Suze helps thru the process of everything Too!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

If you, your family member, or a friend have prostate cancer or prostate concerns, Dr. Helfand is the person you need to see. His bedside manner made me feel comfortable, and I knew I was getting the best treatment from someone that is a clinical and research expert in the field.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

His genetic research with prostate cancer confirmed my family's risk of prostate cancer. I had the GRS (genetic Risk Score) and although already being diagnosed with Prostate Cancer it confirmed the severity and risk of developing metastatic cancer in my future. All this was made possible by Dr. Brian Helfand. Amazing.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Dr. Brian is great! Cares and takes care of you quickly!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Great guy! Great staff! Phones were tough but they had his nurse Suzie call me back. She got me in right away. Now the next step begins.. TBD

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Saw this doctor in Glenview - not Chicago. He's great! Surgery went well. Now recovery starts. I'm sure all will go well

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Brian Helfand is a great guy! His staff is great! Calling the office is a little bit to be desired but nothing I couldn't get over! His scheduler Susan got me a quick appointment due to the need. She also took care of me in the office too. It's great to see the same team with the same doctor each time.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Dr. Helsand is great. His nurse Sharon helped get my medication covered. His staff really cares too. Communication through the connect website is sometimes hard. I get messages from some nurse Lorana telling me to just call the office. She didn't really respond to my question. I'm glad I have someone to turn to.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017