Ratings for Dr. Hugh Down

Dr. H Down is surely able to make a baby laugh, but don't see him if chronic pain is your illness. He is totally out of touch with anything related to pain management. I asked for a physical 3 times and he denied it every time, turns out I have a serious debilitating disease that causes horrible pain. For years I was his patient (because there were no other physicians available in Victoria) and he was completely indifferent to my concerns. I begged him to refer me to another doctor, someone who would accept the fact that I had RSD/CRPS and he never did. I suffered so much pain because of him, he just wouldn't listen to me. He lied about treating severe chronic pain with Opioids, telling me they don't work, and are not indicated for my disease, just because he doesn't want to have patients with chronic pain issues or prescribe pain meds. Must be nice to pick and choose the illnesses he likes, tossing out anything controversial like CNCP Management. He left me suffering as he smiled and lied to me. This man should not be practicing medicine. Thank goodness there are doctors who do care, and are willing to look deeper into your concerns, doctors that listen take action instead of accusing their patients of drug seeking behavior, then lying to protect his point of view. I'm so glad that now I have a new GP that listens and cares about me, one that has done more good for me in 3 months than Dr. Down did in many years of me begging him to help me. I am not bitter or angry, I just want to let people know that this man does not like to be told he is wrong or that there might be a better way. Pains sufferers beware, find another doctor that treats pain with heart.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Consistently professional advice , treatment and service from staff and Doctor Down. I have been a patient for over 25 years.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Doctor Hugh Down is arrogant and incompetent. If you are sick and wish to die have Doctor Down as your family Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr. Down is our family Dr. we all are very satisfied with his excellent care . Johanna his receptionist is very friendly and very accomadating as well.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Receptionist is very rude with no bedside manner. Will not allow you to book appointments for you spouse.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Dr. Down is a very knowledgeable and easy to talk to about difficult health issues. He is a great family doctor! His MOA is wonderful - always helpful and considerate.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Doctor Hugh is the primary physician at the practice and his wife deals with most of the maternity at the hospital... Johanne is the office assistant who keeps everything organized and moving... Excellent skilled Doctor's who know their stuff.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

I have been going to both Dr. Downs and wife Dr. Karen Downs for over 20 years now and they are hands down the best in my opinion! They are genuine and take the time you need to answer all your question and concerns. His MOA, Johanne is AMAZING and always gets back to me after I have done tests.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Hugh Down and his wife Karen Down have become my family GP since my last doctor Kelly Chu retired. Hugh Down likes to do lots of tests which is fine, but it does not actually get in and take away the problem. If you want some surgery to take away a piece of your body, you have to be more insistent and he will recommend another specialist doctor for the problem. He is rather sociable which is good.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Horrible MOA!! incredibly rude and very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016