Ratings for Dr. Charles Minett

Dr. Minett did my oral surgery for my jaw back in 2003. He "forgot" to put in tension wires and I was required to have the surgery all over again a month later. Following that surgery, he STILL made an error as my jaw was not sitting properly and told me he would need to do the surgery a third time. I did not go back for the third surgery and looked elsewhere as I had extensive nerve damage already in my face from him cutting the nerves and breaking my jaw twice. I was advised by my new surgeon, in his words, it was such a mess in there, he couldn't and wouldn't break my jaw again. 15 years later, I am still having many issues with my jaw and it is not aligned. This was an absolute nightmare and I hope others with think twice before getting surgery with this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2018

Great surgeon! I had to call Dr. Minett on his emergency contact for after hours, from having infections and complications. He Ordered my anti-botics while away and sent in my prescription, very helpful and informative, and help put me at ease during the surgery process and when I had complications from post-op.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2018

I should have given my review 2 years ago.. I had to have all my teeth out and would eventually get false teeth made for me..My family dentist referred me to Dr. Minett and I got an appointment about a month later..Went for consultation..My first time seeing him I thought he was somewhat strange but a good strange..very soft spoken ..Kinda old fashioned but when it came down to being admitted for the surgury by that time I had 100% faith in him..His nurses in his office were by far the best I have ever come across..Surgery was very pain full but Dr. Minett gave me enough pain medication..Had several followups and I dont remember being kept waiting for very long at any appointments..If you need a specialist for your teeth he is the BEST.. P.S. Thanks to Dr. Minett and my family dentist I now have some nice teeth..

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Dr. Minett and staff are amazing. Caring & courteous. Our kids have had multiple surgeries with super results, recovery quicker than anticipated, and no issues. Everyone in the office is so friendly and compassionate. We will definitely bring our next child in for his wisdom teeth extraction too.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

WOULDN'T RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. Got all my wisdom teeth removed in February, had to go in for surgery again in July. Because I wasn't healing properly yet during all of the check-up appts he said nothing was wrong. Maybe if he'd properly stitch me up the first time I would've healed faster. I was numb for months and couldn't eat for almost a straight month- and he says thats normal. Whats worst then missing a few hours of work having to travel 1.5hours to get to this office? The fact that they CANCELLED when I was a block away. Not to mention, after having infections after infections they still expect you to come down and trust Dr.Minett on your mouth. The office needs some updates, no computer, not suppose to use cell phones--it's the 21st century. If anyone comes to me in the future for advise towards this Dr. office, I would NEVER suggest it.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I had major surgery done on my right jaw and am thankful for his services. Yes he was delayed - this was because he was helping another patient and I cannot complain about this. The surgery went well and he explains this so well. Furthermore, the staff accomodated my anxiety of dentists. They even changed my perscription when I found I had bad side effects from one - with one phone call. I would highly recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Meticulous and seemingly competent, however Dr. Minett was extremely rude and condescending. The appointment dragged out three times longer than necessary as he explained the most minute detail to me for the benefit of his teaching aid. When I very politely explained that I understood the concept of 3D imaging in hopes of speeding up the overblown explanation, I was treated to a withering look, shaking of head and continuation of the primary school lesson as his teaching aid looked on in pity. I understand a teaching practise, however he sure didn't teach respecting the intellect of the patient, and I fail to believe that his medical school helper didn't understand the difference between two dimensional and three dimensional.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Very meticulous & very competent - the best around!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

We have rarely been treated with such kindness and compassion in a medical setting. Highly professional. Deep gratitude.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Had all 4 wisdom teeth removed in my late 20s. I was referred by my DDS because it was too complex to do in the dental office, and saw Dr. Minett for the consultation within a week. It was a complicated extraction because I'd waited so long. The consultation went smoothly; Dr. Minett explained everything to me very matter-of-factly and put me at ease while still apprising me of the risks. I was able to get the surgery booked quickly, and it went perfectly smoothly. I got exactly what was expected based on his consultation. The staff were so nice. I had a few more weeks of pain then I'd have liked, mostly due to my age and the complexity of the surgery, but Dr. Minett saw me every week to check in. Everyone was fantastic and dealt with me professionally. On a few of my follow-ups he was running late and I was seen 30 minutes later than my appointment, which was my only criticism. I have no complications and am doing very well.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016