Ratings for Dr. Marlowe Haskins

Don’t go to this guy!!! Dr Haskins almost killed my father in law. My FIL has an allergic reaction to a medication and on his way to the hospital he fell and broke his back. Dr Haskins didn’t even X-ray him and sent him home. Later on the next day he got numb arm s and legs and he fell again down the stairs. They found out he actually had a broken back. Dr Haskins didn’t do his do diligence and X-ray him when he originally fell - which is complete negligence. My FIL was transported to VGH and was there for 3 months recovering from back surgery. The doctors were completely baffled there about the blood pressure and other medications he was on and switched his meds completely as well as the dosages. Then when my FIL has severe CHF it was found while in Vancouver, and was told he is lucky to be alive because his sleep apnea is so bad. When he went back home he wasn’t given a CPAP machine when he was discharged from hospital or home oxygen. He was told to use his sister’s CPAP, which isn’t even calibrated or fitted to him and is again completely negligent. Then he went home and started becoming non responsive and turning blue and had to go back to hospital. Dr Haskins lies in his report that he spoke to my FIL for an hour and a half, which is impossible because he was non responsive. Then they checked his blood glasses and his carbon dioxide was through the roof so they needed to fly him out to Prince George ICU. His BP was also tanking and there were no orders for an IV or fluid bolus. It also seems he likes to tell both my FIL and MIL what they want to hear and not the truth - which is they need to make lifestyle changes to help address their preventable health issues. So moral of the story, he was negligent in multiple occasions and almost results in my FIL dying. He was in ICU in Vancouver for 3 months and PG for 1 month all because of things that could’ve been avoided. It was awful.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

Dr Haskins really is the very best. A good man, and a great dr. His bedside manner is so calm and chill- which is great-especially in obstetric situations . I could rave all day. He always goes above to make sure his patients are cared for well!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

Always have received excellent care from Dr. Haskins. He goes above and beyond. He is thorough and will make sure that he has addressed all issues. He is never in a rush to get you out the door. His care and compassion is exceptional!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Best doctor I have ever seen; he truly cares about all his patients and goes above and beyond to help them.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I have seen Just about every dr in our town And Haskins is far and Away the best!!!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Knowledgeable with good bedside manner. Answers questions well and addresses patients concerns. Best doctor I can remember having.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Dr Haskins is one of the best drs I've had over the years. He is very compassionate and willing to take time with his patients. He is pro active and never dismissive about issues, and he see you as a whole person not just an illness or injury.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

the best dr in the north, without question. Excellent listening skills as well.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

fantastic prenatal care...answered Q's on my mind and gave me every effort to deliver before having to have a C-sec.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

Dr.Haskins has been my parents family doctor for many, many years. He has always gone above and beyond for both of them - especially now that they are retired and in their senior years. My daughter has been referred to him now, and I look forward to the care that I know she will be recieving in his capable hands as he was my doctor years ago prior to my moving away from the area and returning.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010