You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Byrne

Dr. Michael Byrne's Ratings

Understandably had to wait a little while to see Dr Byrne but it was well worth the wait. He was very understanding of my problem (when many doctors aren't) and provided helpful solutions making my life far more manageable. I would highly recommend him to my friends but hope my friends don't have my issue!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2901387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2015

In all my visits to his office he was never on time. He is knowledgeable about his specialty but was at times rude and dismissive of what I had to say about my health. He pushed drug therapy aggressively and after my colonoscopy he didn't do a post-procedure check-in. He sent the nurse to come and tell me that I should schedule another appointment to come see him without ever discussing if my colonoscopy went well or not. If not unethical then definitely bordering on unprofessional. Managed to find another specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2856029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

He took a chance on a very dicey procedure on my pancreas. I am thankful he did because now I have my life back! When all others turned away, he researched, and took time to look into my files! I appreciate and respect him very much. It is amazing how someone you see in person for half an hour, and never see again can change your whole life! When I woke up and healed up, it was like I was Cinderella and he was my fairy god mother...bippity bobity boo! Fixed right up! Back to work! back to life! In two weeks!! :) He is worth the wait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2725660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

His receptionist is always on vacation and the substitute isn't allowed to schedule any appointments. This doctor is great but I fear all of his patients have to face the very incompetent and uncaring receptionist. To bad there's nowhere to rate them or a place to report this unprofessionalism.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2698535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Byrne twice. 5 years ago for colonoscopy and Feb. This year for gastroscopy. Due to long wait list, another Dr. Performed the gastroscopy in the meantime in May. When I finally saw him two weeks ago, he patiently reviewed the other Dr.'s report on his computer, the medication & other info I brought to show him, while explaining the various symptoms & giving me advice on medication and what supplements to take for my condition, he was warm, caring, professional and knowledgeable throughout our conversation. And he answered my questions in a relaxed and friendly manner. It was easily the most comfortable experience I ever had with a Doctor. I highly recommend him. He is the nicest Specialist ever.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2663613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2014

I have also had several interactions with Dr. Byrne over the last few months, and have found him to be professional in every way. Because of his skill and expertise, I was able to avoid a much more invasive procedure for my problem, and he was informative, supportive and friendly throughout. Would recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

I recently have has numerous interactions with Dr Byrne as I have on going issues with diverticulitis. On every occasion I saw him or spoke with him on the phone, he was extremely polite and courteous. I say this as I noticed several comments referring to him as arrogant and rude. Not the person I was dealing with. He is incredibly knowledgable and extremely compassionate and understood the challenges that I was experiencing. I would absolutely recommend Dr Byrne.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562218].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2504085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

I am absolutely confused by all the positive reviews about Dr. Byrne. He is easily the WORST doctor I have ever seen. I was referred to him by my doctor, otherwise I would want nothing to do with him. I had to wait over 30 minutes for my appointment and I sat in an empty waiting room. Okay, so I thought maybe he's a thorough doctor..... NOPE! My consult took less than 3 minutes. I found him to be very rude and arrogant and dismissed all of my concerns. He asked me the same questions as the ones I had filled out on the patient form. He told me that his office will call me for another appointment and then looked at his computer screen and ignored me. Okay, so the appointment is done? Most polite doctors would say good bye, stand up, or show the patient out the door. NOPE, none of that. What's worse is that he left the previous patient forms on his desk in plain sight where I could read them. What a complete breach of privacy! I was very disappointed with Dr. Byrne as a doctor. BEWARE!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2483588].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

Dr. Byrne was excellent during my treatment that lasted over 6 months, accurate diagnostic, great follow-up and support. He is highly proficient in his field and has surrounded himself with a great staff and a sense of humor to top it up. I am thankful to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1429088].votes_count ]]