Ratings for Dr. Dawn Papo

She is the worst GP I have had. She seems to be easily threatened. She manipulates me by screaming, verbally insulting and demeaning, etc. I have found her to be, and not trustworthy. She does not make referrals as she said she would, and if she does, often it is not done in a timely way.. She has made an incorrect referral for an important test. . She does not consistently read recommendations from other professionals, and refuses to discuss these unless they are from a "specialist md." She does not follow through with many things, such as important forms. She can put on a "false" face of being kind and caring, but patient care does not seem to be her first interest. She cancels appointments close to appointment time. She has refused to get my previous doctor's file (who died), and dismisses this doctor unfairly. She can be very disrespectful, and stresses me tremendously. I have had to write things on paper, because her unprofessional behavior has derailed me. Recently, she grabbed the paper from my hand, didn't read it, but dismissed it. She does not record things correctly and writes demeaning and incorrectly comments in my file. I'm wondering if she hates intelligent, single, white women., who don't buy into "status" symbols such as her gorgeous diamond ring, which she has flashed at me more than once. It is hard enough having health issues, without having to do battle with someone like her. I would have changed doctors a long time ago, but there is a severe shortage of doctors here.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Dr. Papo is such great person and doctor. I feel lucky to have such an amazing doctor like her, she has helped me to so much throughout the years! Although she is so kind and caring she also isn't afraid to advocate strongly for her patients when needed.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Papo for 3 years now and have recommended her to a number of family members. We are all very impressed with her. She is very prompt when ordering tests and she is always very pleasant and caring.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

When I had my annual PAP smear Dr. Papo conducted the entire examination without uttering a word. Very cold. Dr. Papo is unwilling to explain why she will not prescribe alternatives to pain killers. Meds containing opiods are freely prescribed but she will not discuss her objection to other alternatives like medical marijuana. Shouted at me for asking and said I wouldn't understand anyway. Responded that I had a month to find another doctor. When I asked if she was 'firing' me she repeated I had a month to find another doctor. I would NEVER recommend this doc to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Probably the worst Doctor I've ever had. I was concerned about tests and didn't appreciate being told since she would be away I'd have to wait over 2 weeks for results she had in hand. Because I expressed concern she forwarded negative feedback to my specialist and put horrible things in my file to which He was astonished by and considered me to be a delight of a patient and didn't understand what her issue was. It took months for her to even refer me to him when I had specifically asked to be to the point I was admitted to the hospital upon meeting my specialist. She conducts herself much like a high school girl.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

My wife and I both go to Dr. Papo. We both find her to be knowledgeable, sympathetic and thorough. I would recommend her to anyone. I do believe she's the best doctor I've ever been to.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I think dr Papo is a great doctor. Knowledgable, kind, thorough. However, it takes forever to get an appointment, it is always rushed, there's always a wait, and her secretary is rude.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

In my experience with her she was consistently rude and rushed. At times she made insulting or demeaning comments. She was uncomfortable with any aspect of women's health (ie pap exam).

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

THIS DOCTOR IS REFUSES TO FILL UP MY VETERAN PAPERS FOR MY DECEBILITY. SHE SAID SHE DOESN'T DEAL WITH VETERANS AND ICBC CLAMS she refused to fill up Government papers she need to face the justice system and loose her job

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr Dawn Papo is very unprofessional poor doctor at best will not listen to patients refuses to help and even goes out of her way to set up road blocks the staff is very pushy non professional and out right rude Only get ten minutes Dr Papo cancels appointments as she sees fit and if you disagree or question she will spend the 10 min on how she is insulted and won't even take the time to look at the patent. She is more like a cash cow getting people through like cattle she should be embarrassed to call herself a professional would not recommend her to anyone and when you mention her name in town you get a ohh her ya she is terable. So shame on you Dr Papo you need to treat people better or get out of the profession you are suppost to be the person people can trust count on and help out but you have got to be the worst Dr I have ever seen. Shame on you.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015