Ratings for Dr. Jack Perlov

Very bad experience with Dr Perlov, diagnosed my son who was 2 yrs old with ADHD and thought he maybe Bipolar , he put my son thru every medication possible, from Ritalin to risperidone , and then combinations of different meds, he then signed off as my sons psychiatrist when he was 8 , my son now 15 is severely delayed and is not Bipolar but ODD as well as ADHD he was rediagnosed when he was 12 . Thanks to Dr Perlov my son will never be able to think or act like a teenager.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr Perlov was instrumental in helping us learn as a family was is involed in ADD and how to best manage it with the least amount of medication

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I wouldn't be able to handle life without Dr. Perlov.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Prior to seeing Dr. Perlov regularly regarding my [extreme at times] attention defecit disorder, I met with quite a few other mental health specialists and can say with confidence that he is an absolutely incredible doctor. After reading over the reviews that have been left (particularly the one expressing outrage re: his suggestion that mental illness not be viewed pejoratively..?) I feel like it's important for any prospective future patient of Dr. Perlov to know the benefit I've experienced from his care has completely transformed my life. He sees my struggles for what they are exactly and in a uniquely helpful way - for deliverance from the chaos/confusion that goes along with any mental health issue, you will not find a more competant guardian.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Horrible experience, he set my son back years by saying he has Early Onset Bi-polar when in fact he has Autism. Asked my son if he wanted to live full-time with his father when my child was 9 years old and his father is not fit to take care of a challenged kid! The incorrect diagnosis and wrong meds left for a challenging dilemma. Never again!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Missed my son's Autism diagnosis a few years back. Stated that there's not much that anyone can do for a child like mine. Was otherwise very supportive regarding living with my child's mental health challenges.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Very caring and interested in how things have progressed in my life throughout my treatment. Gives simple and effective strategies in dealing with my situation. Also flexible in terms of rescheduling appointments.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

He is unnervingly flippant. He does not believe that the term 'learning disability' is pejorative; he suggested that I had a learning disability as though he were saying 'you have a cold'. He told me that I was a burden on my family. He committed a logical fallacy; he assumed that I had a learning disability because I have a physical impairment. He is very knowledgeable and his intentions are good, but his delivery is extremely condescending and hurtful.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

Dr. Perlov has been very helpful with treating our disabled son. He has plenty of experience and knowledge in treating children with Autism and other disabilities. Dr. Perlov has a heart for the children he works with. Dr. Perlov called us while on his vacation, when we left him a message on his answering machine at the office about significant complications our son was having with a med adjustment. He also willingly accommodated our distance by offering Telehealth sessions to us, which made the visits much, much easier for us. He was an awesome addition to our medical team. Unfortunately, we were discharged as we are, technically, out of his region. Anyone under his care is in great hands!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009