Ratings for Dr. Jenny J. Tang

I was very pleasantly surprised and very pleased with my visit last week ( for the first time) I found Dr Jian Tang really spent a lot of time answering all my question , and took a lot of time to set my mind at ease , explaining in detail all the things I was experiencing and giving me many answers and solutions . I must say I thought Dr Jian Jenny Tang and her staff were very kind and caring . So it was a very good experience ( remember this is a gyno appt -usually not pleasant ) i recommend her

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

She is always in a rush, and doesn't listen to her patients. Awful experience.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Dr. was nice but she did not wait to read my results to give my a "normal" Paps. I f I wasn't paying attention, probably she would've let me have an abnormal Paps and not notice or do anything about it!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr. Tang gave me one of the best experiences I ever had in my life. She is nice, patient, professional and graceful. The best experience I can tell you is she replied my email about my test results within 40 min at night. I sent her the email at 7:20pm and got reply from her at 8:00pm, though the system reminded me "please expect 2 business days for reply" when I sent the email. I would definitely recommend Dr. Tang to all my friends in NYC!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I was already a patient at Mount Sinai so when I found out I was pregnant they sent me to the gyn department and gave me Dr.Tang *sighs* She takes a long time to see me even when I am her 1st patient of the day and Is always in a rush .Today I had my last appt. During the sonogram she didn't let my bf and I listen to the baby's heartbeat and before leaving she says sametime next week? I remind her this was my last appt and she goes oh when is your due date which is TODAY! How did you not know when not only have i had an appt with you every week for the last month but you never read my chart! Then shes goes ok and gives me a slip for 2 more appts consecutively and when we asked why she didn't explain which made my bf and I uncomfortable. She really doesn't pay any attention to her patients..I don't want her to deliver my baby but I feel stuck.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Extremely nice and helpful. Very positive. Was very patient throughout the entire process.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Yes, i do not understand. It seems that we are talking about somebody else. My husband and me love Dr. Tang. She is very busy, but has a wonderful memory. She has been my doctor since i got pregnant almost 5 years ago. She always happy to see us, and always very competent. We always recommend her!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I was originally a patient of Dr. Erin Dupre, who was wonderful, but she left & sent me to Dr. Tang who has been awful. I've had multiple pap smears come back irregular & she always plays it down despite there being pre-cancerous cells. After an ultrasound, I was told I had polyps that needed to be removed under anesthesia. At my follow-up visit w/ Dr. Tang, she removed them right then & there w/ nothing to numb the pain. I bled heavily for weeks straight afterwards to the point where I passed out. I was then sent for a colposcopy. 2 wks later, she left a voice mail telling me she needed to redo it, b/c she didn't get any tissue. I called back to reschedule the test & she told me I "can have it done in 6 months, because the infection isn't really that bad". I am currently also having a consistent aching pain in my cervix area & she said "that's not a symptom of cancer. So, it's not urgent". I had never assumed I had cancer, but figured I should have it checked. I finally switched drs.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

I have been looking for a gynecologist since I moved to New York, and wanted to find a doctor who would also see me through pregnancy and PCOS. I went to an urgent care facility just to get a refill on my prescription 6 months earlier and had a pelvic exam by an ER resident, not an OBGYN. When I went to meet Dr. Tang for my first appointment, she refused to even examine me, because it would be a 'waste of time' since I had just been examined six months earlier. I expressed to her that I have been struggling with PCOS for years and was now concerned about fertility and precancerous cells that have been identified in previous pap tests, and she still did not examine me stating that the research had changed and women only need a pelvic exam and pap every five years. That may be true, but on a first meeting with a complicated patient, I at least expected an examination. The nurse took my blood pressure and then my insurance was charged for a full visit. I left in tears.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I initially called her office for a gyn exam and waited two weeks for her availability. I got there on time for my appointment and waited over an hour and a half to be seen. Finally the brief few minutes I had with her were horrible! Dr. Tang was extremely cold and abrasive. I was a new patient and I explained to her that this would be my very first gyn exam since I never had one before. She immediately inserted the cold instrument when I asked her to give me a second to prepare myself. She got annoyed at me and said coldly and sternly "Stop hyper-ventalating, you're not making the situation any easier. What are you a baby? You're not a v______ so why are you reacting this way?" I felt mortified, humiliated and ashamed. I never returned to her office ever again. I found myself a new gyn who is 100% times better, all the qualities a physician should be, respectfully, understanding and gentle!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Dr. Jenny J. Tang's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1998)