Ratings for Dr. Cory R. Tinker

I loved Dr. Tinker. He delivered my daughter last month, and I loved him. He wasn't my doctor during pregnancy, but ended up being the doctor on call, and we just fell in love with him. He answered all my questions, and he made me feel at ease the entire birthing process. Great doctor. Will be switching to him.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

I saw Dr. Tinker for my first pregnancy. He is a patient and friendly doctor, but overall, I was not satisfied. There were multiple times I waited 2 hours in the waiting room. Then, for my delivery, I was scheduled for an induction. He saw me that day around 7am to induce me, then I never saw him again. He had even apparently been at the hospital again that evening because the nurse had mentioned him being there and she was surprised he had not seen me. Another physician in the group was on call that evening and ended up being the one present for the delivery. I understand Dr. Tinker not being there if he wasn't on call, but when he came to the hospital that evening, it would have been nice for him to check on me and just let me know that he would be leaving and someone else would be taking over for him. I will be looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I Love Dr. Cory Tinker, he does have a lot of patients- bc he's good, it will take 2hrs for your apptmt. He always asks me if I have any questions and explains everything to me- and is consistent with his answers. I Know Nurses at Methodist Germantown Hospl. and he is Recommended over any other OBGYN. I also like that he takes the time to let you know exactly the location of his hands before a pelvic exam, by touching your leg... I have seen over 6 OBGY's and I always have to sit in the waiting room for 30min-1hr every time

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I am a new patient of Dr Tinker he seems to in a rush. I am a high risk OB patient and have has a series of BETA test my last test his nurse told me that he was consulting another doctor because he was puzzled by my results. I have not heard from him nor has he returned any of my phone calls going on 3 weeks now. He also told me that I was going to miscarry and I should go ahead and take an injection to abort and go back on all my meds. I chose not to take the injection but he said I still should go back on my meds because pregnancy was not viable. I went to my hematologist to restart my coumadin and plavix. My hematologist would not start my medication back until I has an Ultra sound to make sure there was no baby there. I had the u/s and it show gestational sac 7 weeks pregnant. Dr Tinker seemed to be upset that I has an u/s. This doctor does not have proper knowledge of patients with high risk. I would not recommend him at all.

Submitted March 5, 2013

It seems at the doctor don't take the time to listen to his patient. Something was going on in my body and I ask him to check for a certain probably and he didn't. He sent me home and told me don't worry that is normal and my sickness nearly took my life cause he didn't listen to me.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Tinkers for 10 years. I had an appointment today at 8:30 for some simple bloodwork - I waited for 45 minutes, while other patients who checked in after me were called in to see a doctor. I finally left without having the tests done. I am a working professional and my time is valuable too - this is unacceptable!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

Went to him after having surgery. Had problems with my stomach, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a result from surgery. I also thought it might be pancreatitis. In fact I was sure of it (I've had this before). He did all these tests, including an ultrasound, and told me to go home, take the meds, because all I had was IBS! Well, after telling him what I thought was wrong, he laughed and said to go home. Well, after my blood tests got back they called my and told my to check myself into the hospital right away. If he would have only listened. Some doctors don't want to believe that patients really do know their own bodies!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

Really nice and ready to answer all your OB and GYN questions. My husband and I had male factor infertility and he tried to help as much as he could while working with the urologist and reproductive endocrinologist. I have had some complications with this pregnancy and he is always available to help.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2007

Dr. Cory R. Tinker's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Delta Dental