Ratings for Dr. Osep Armagon

I have never been treated so poorly by a physician in my entire life. Dr. Armagon questioned my injury, how I broke my bone, and proceeded to tell me I would never be the same again. He used statements like "if I do surgery" or if I can fix this". He gave me instructions to take my arm out of the splint 2 to 3 times a day for six days straight and move it up and down and side to side. For such an arrogant man he never appeared confident in his ability to help me. Fortunately for me, my case ended up being through my workers comp insurance and I was able to select a different doctor. I immediately went to an entirely different orthopedic group and the doctor was surprised to learn that I had taken my arm out of the splint and moved it per Dr. Armagon's instructions. The bone had been shattered in the elbow was extremely unstable. I had surgery the next day. Seven weeks later and I am on my way to a full recovery. I have vowed that no one I know will ever see Dr. Armagon for their concerns.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Rude, poor communicator, and was of no help at all. I was a new patient and will never go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Dr. Armagan gave extremely poor service & was very unprofessional/insulting during my appointment. Fortunately, my sister was in the room to witness this horrific experience. These were his rude insulting statements:I was exaggerating the pain & need to suck it up•My arm was fat, not swollen•After squeezing my arm he said, If you are going to act like that you are never going to get better•I am too old to my job until 60 years old, let alone 65. I need to find another job•Your arm is never going get better if you can’t do anything at home or work.-Previous cortisone shots received from your PCP doesn’t count because he is not an Orthopedic Dr•It was a waste of time money to do an MRI, & they're not going to find anything (MRI FOUND TEARING LIGAMENTS)•If he did surgery it would not get better•He is not giving me disability.I recommend that he is removed as a preferred orthopedic surgeon from Regal Medical Group. He is a liability & is a high risk for litigation.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

My son developed a terrible infection after surgery by Armagon in 2009. He didn't diagnose it correctly which caused my son to have a permanent disability. Please do your homework before using this doctor. I never want anyone else to go through what my 21 year old son has suffered through. When ego gets in the way of common sense only bad things happen.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Carpal tunnel surgery. Quick to get approval for surgery. It went well. Dr. nice. Staff is not too good about calling back or follow up.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2010

My sister who is diabectic and in November 2009, was rush to Simi Valley Hospital because of an infection that formed on her big left toe, later to be known as gangrene. Dr.Armagon was notified and He showed himself to be very compassionate and caring surgeon He explained everything to her prior to her surgery and then afterwards he was on hand throughout her recovery. I couldn't be more please with him or the staff that works for him.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2010

flag | Submitted August 22, 2009

I just read the rating below from 2-11-07 and was just appauled at how someone found the time to complain about something when it all might be the recovery & listening of the patient.My husband was almost killed in a motorcycle accident back in 1999 when Dr Armagon worked in the Chicagoland area. My husband is lucky to be alive & if it was for Dr Armagon doing surgery to repair a broken shoulder & blade, a broken collar bone, and a broken right foot that broke all the bones in the foot which should of left my husband with an amputation, Dr Armagon worked his magic & repaired everything so after therapy & recovery time my husband was able to walk again pain free and use his right arm again to the best he could with limitations. Dr Armagon explained everything in detail along with recovery, risks, physical therapy, and possible in the future surgeries he would need as well. We were well informed by him & his staff. I am assuming it was the patient issues not the Dr's work.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2008

Horrible! He did a bunion surgery on me a few years ago and my feet have never been the same. He shortened the bone in my foot so much, I have stability issues that have now affected my knees and back. He never explained any possible complications I could suffer and the surgical techniques that he used were archaic, causing me an extended recovery period and excessive pain. I would not refer my worst enemy to him!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2007