Ratings for Dr. Harold Gillum

He passed away from Cancer... should take him down from this website. Those who knew him, found him to be of great wisdom and knowledge. Guided us for many years through the perils of health care.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

My husband and I want to be on record commending Dr. Gillum for his completely giving of himself while professionally attending to each patient. He doesn't have to be on time. He works overtime and is available, untiringly, to aid each and every patient. A realPRO.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

This a caring and thoughtful doctor. Dr. Gillum displays a keen diagnostic mind and is very adept at discovering root cause of problems. Is blunt and very straight forward in his discussion regarding my prognosis. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2009

Since he is a PPO doctor only, and in consideration of the awful office staff he has, I'd look elsewhere. Almost makes me wish I went back on a HMO healthplan.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2009

Dr. Gillum has been my personal primary care physician for nearly 12 years. During that time, I have found him to be highly competent and knowledgable, and an excellent diagnostician. I find his personality, although somewhat different, to be friendly, empathetic and caring. He has an excellent sense of humor, and I am never left feeling rushed or that my problem is inconsequential. I am aware that some find his personality to be a bit "off-putting", but I have never experienced any such difficulty. Everyone should develop a good relationship with a doctor, or, if dissatisfied, find another. In my case, Dr. Gillum fits like a glove.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

My wife and I go to Dr. Gillum and he rocks. We have been patients for almost 10 years. You can not ask for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2008

I did not feel that he exhibited any knowledge, beyond a pleasant personality. Tends to underestimate my health issues, bad at diagnosing, and will usually prescribe a wait and see atttitude. Has the most dumbfounded opinions on things, which contradict articles from John Hopkins, and Mayo.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2007

Extremely through in exam. Was put in exam room within 5 minutes of arrival. Highly knowledgeable and patient. Staff was very attentive. Test results called to me the next day. Highly recommend expecially for chronic illnesses. I feel healthy again

flag | Submitted February 15, 2007

Dr. Gillum and his staff made me feel like I was part of the family.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2007

Dr. Harold Gillum's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1986)