Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Tang

Dr. Tang performed tendon surgery and his methods are very outdated. Because he wouldn't send me to the hand clinic my tendon adhered and wouldn't move. The hand clinic said they saw this many times with his patients. He was sexist and rude (made remarks about how girls like balls when showing me exercises to do). Thanks to him I had to have 3 more surgeries to get my finger working properly.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

He did a small b.c.c excision (basal cell carcinoma) on my chest which left an absurdly big visible scar. My surgical nurse friend who saw his post-op care handout (instructions for wound care, etc) was astonished at how outdated his recommended procedures were, too. Otherwise, I found him pleasant, great bedside manner, etc, but honestly, I don't care much about that. Surgical expertise is the priority.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Dr. Tang is supposed to be a good surgeon. I was happy with my eye lift & carpal tunnel surgery. The nurses love him but I'm not sure why. He is incredibly arrogant & rude. He found it inconvenient to answer ANY of my questions, so he didn't. He wouldn't even explain how the surgery was to be done. Mine was covered on my medical insurance, but I wouldn't have paid him a plugged nickel out of my own money. Terrible bedside manner! I've heard the same reports from some of his other patients as well. Give your money to ANY other doctor.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

I had a finger injury that unfortunatel he could not repair and admintted so. He was patient, attentive, and listened to my concerns. Too bad, it couldn't be repaired. I did feel that Dr. Tang treated me as an eqaul.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Fantastic surgeon! Fixed my little girls badly broken finger and she has the smallest of scars and the finger works perfectly. Looking at the negative comments...what would you prefer a good doctor or a friendly doctor? Everyone seems happy with their surgeries :)

flag | Submitted November 22, 2009

I had a b.l. and love the results, but as far as getting any useful information from my doctors visits, I felt his answer was always, "everyone is different" So, when it came to my follow up visits after the inital two, I stopped going. The wait time to see him is a waste of time, as you already know the answer, "everyone is different". My time is more important, I'm fine, what can he tell me that I haven't already googled. I find him rude and abrupt, he should remember, he gets paid by the number of patients, not the other way around.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2009

Dr. Tang performed my carpal tunnel surgery. He was very helpful in explaining everything involved. I found him very pleasant and a very good surgeon. He completely fixed my painful condition, and I am very grateful. Thank you Dr. Tang

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr Tang did a breast reduction on me several years ago and I was VERY pleased with the results. Later iin life I had a lumpectomy -with radiation,and after several years Dr Tang did a breast implant on that breast. I must say he was like night and day as far as his bedside manner went. He was short on his comments and instructions and almost rude when I would ask him a question or offer any opinion.Perhaps,he should revamp his thinking and get his long lost concern and appreciation for his patients in perspective.While I am not too dissapointed with my surgery,I don't think I would recommend him to any one else at this time.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

Extremely rude and arrogant.Did not feel comfortable with him performing surgery on me - cancelled surgery

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Very friendly, personable, puts you at ease. Gives very good advice. Makes sure that you have all the information. Did very good job of my breast augmentation. Very happy with this doctor. Not a pushy doctor, he is interested in your well being, does not rush you into a quick decision. It is not all about making money for this doctor. A real professional, highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009