Ratings for Dr. Alex K. Danso

I wish I would have read up about this doctor before agreement of an appointment with him. Though it was a fast appointment and my first time going to kiaser OBGYN. I have been in sharp pain on my left ovary for 4 days. I know we'll enough something is not right with my body. Upon meeting he practically called my last doctor and I a liar. Talked down to me, and had me bawling in pain and confusion. He gave me a pap and no further care or test. I did not get a pee test, or told to make another appointment for ultrasounds. I was left bawling and crying all night still scared that something is wrong. I will never see this man again. I would make another appointment at the center, but I am flying out to visit family for 10 days. I hope that this pain can be helped and look at by another doctor who understands the pain I am in.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I was in labor with my first child. The nurse kept calling Dr. Danso, but he only came after the nurse has delivered my baby (natural birth). He didn't even say a word to me and just started to stitch me up and it was painful the way he did it. He has very poor bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Danso is an incredible doctor! He delivered our first baby boy, and I would definitely have gone back to him if we still lived in the area. I was a nervous first-time mom-to-be scared to death of giving birth! He was very respectful and supportive of my concerns and my wishes -- I wanted to have as natural of a childbirth as possible, and I wanted to avoid a C-section unless absolutely necessary. He was very supportive throughout, and did an incredible job of delivering our 9 lb, 14 1/2 boy vaginally! I did need some stiches afterward (as you can imagine with my fist baby being that large!), and he took his time and did a wonderful, meticulous job of stitching me up. (MUCH better than the doctor did who delivered our second son 3 1/2 years later!!). Our big, healthy "baby" boy is now almost 20 years old, and is studying pre-medicine.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

He is a horrible doctor with a disgraceful bedside manner. He told me there was no chance that my baby was alive, based on the fact that he only saw a sac on the ultrasound at 5 weeks! He never once considered that it might have just been too early to see anything more than that. He told me that there was a zero percent chance that I was having a viable pregnancy and I needed to just decide how I want to "get rid of it". Two weeks later, I went in and we saw my baby's heart beating. He had so much pride that he couldn't admit he was wrong. Instead he told me not to get excited because the heart rate was too low. He sent me to another department with better ultrasound equipment to prove himself right, but guess what...he was wrong again! I was told that my baby had a very strong heart rate and that everything looked normal. I'm happy to report that I'm now 7.5 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl! I'm definitely going to file a complaint against him. You've been warned.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

He gives mixed vibes when you first meet him. Acts uninterested and not very talkative. I found him to be helpful in diagnosing my symptoms and ultimately performing surgery. Incisions seems larger than expected and very slow and painful to heal. Compared to other kaiser OB doctors he seems better than others I have encountered. I would recommend him to others who seek treatment in the Kaiser Lancaster offices.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

Dr. Danso is very rude and uncaring. He has a very cold disposition. I do not recommend him at all.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

He was not helpful at all. Acted like he could care less. He gave me an episiotomy which never healed right and I did not want it. He sewed me up like I was a piece of meat and its been 20 years.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

Dr Danso has delivered two of my children and all four of my step children, he is very good. He tells it like it is, but in a professional manner. I am very comfortable with him and although I will not be having anymore children, he will still be my OBGYN for years to come.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2009

The office staff were snotty young girls, who took one glance at me and said "Pregnant?" and I am a size 5 and OBVIOUSLY not pregnant. The doctor himself was dismissive and acted bored or unsympathetic to my requests/concerns. I was very unhappy and would never go back or recommend him to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

He is awful. I believe that he botched my surgery. When I had problems 3 months later, he saw me for 5 seconds & stated that it had nothing to do with him and that I should probably seek some counseling to deal with phantom pain. I was in surgery a few months later for a serious medical condition. He should have stayed away when he moved. He is rude and abrupt, as is his staff.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2008

Dr. Alex K. Danso's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1982)