Ratings for Dr. Henry S. Wicker

Dr. Wicker saved my life. I have had several surgeries by him, the first was while in icu and he was "assigned" to me. This man is a compassionate, jovial, spirited man that words can not describe. He nurtured my body and soul during the most horrific experience in life. He saved me in spite of another doctor causing my only child's death and almost my own. I've also had a non emergency hernia surgery performed by him. There is no one on the face of the earth I would trust more with my or a loved ones life then him!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

I found Dr. Wicker very helpful in the pre-surgical screening. His surgical skill and knowledge appear to be very good. Both he and another doctor were recommended to me as the best hernia surgeons in Fredericksburg. I ended up with Dr. Wicker because he participated in my medical insurance plan and the other doctor did not. When I mentioned this to his nurse, she said, "You are lucky you got Dr. Wicker." Wicker told me my surgery would last about 45 minutes. It actually lasted 20 minutes. Dr. Wicker took the time to talk to my wife, who insisted on waiting for me at the hospital. I wish he had come to talk to me afterward, but he only performs surgery three times a week, so he probably was prepping for another surgery. I have been pretty happy with the surgery. Pain has been minimal and I appear to be healing quite well. No complaints here at all.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. Wicker performed a double hernia repair on me. He provided very helpful info, was nice, friendly and I felt very well taken care of. His nurse Mona was also nice and helpful. The office staff were ok. The surgery facility was awesome and I had no surprises. I would recommend to a friend. I would go back for other procedures that he performs.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

While Dr. Wicker may be a skilled surgeon, he has problems remembering things. For instance, he forgot to sign my discharge papers in the hospital causing me to have to stay at the hospital an extra 2 1/2 hours while they tracked him down. Because he forgot to make a note in my chart that my records needed to be sent to another doctor, I went through hell with his office staff trying to get the referral. His office staff is the worst I have ever encountered. And if you need to have disability or FMLA papers signed, be prepared for a hefty $25 per signature fee. The fees are outrageous. I am just really hoping and praying that his forte is his surgical skill. I would have even considered going back to him except for all the difficulty and stress I had with the office staff.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009

Dr. Henry S. Wicker's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)