Ratings for Dr. Bruce Keith

Dr. Keith takes some time to get used to, but I have found him to be thorough and diligent and hard working. Perhaps his bedside manner lacks a bit, but I believe he finds this more difficult that others for a variety of reasons. He spent time researching for me and presenting options and really fighting for me. What else do you want from your doctor. I think if your doctor is always on time, you should be worried. Just my 2 cents. If you find yourself with this man as your oncologist, stick with him! He truly fights for his patients.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I think people don't realize that this doctor is on the spectrum. He may have odd mannerisms but he is devoted and brilliant. I don't need a Doc who holds my hand, I need a Doc who fights for me, and he does. I know some people might him odd, but he has advocated for me and given me every possible test and treatment so my kids have their Mom for longer. He asked me if I wanted a lifespan estimate when I was diagnosed, I said no, and he has carried on treating me like I had many options, and he would bring all of them to me. He pretty much lives at the hospital and runs everywhere to keep up with all the patients.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

He panders. I find his bedside manner to be quite lacking, and when he is delivering bad news, he panders to the patient to try and make it sound better than it is. Unfortunately, this comes across as being dishonest. We asked him to be upfront with us about treatment, prognosis, etc.... yet he continued to skirt issues rather than presenting clear, concise information that could have helped us avert much financial stress and fear caused by lack of knowledge. It's a horrible thing not to be able to trust the words that come out of your oncologist's mouth, but that is exactly the situation we ended up in with Dr Keith. It left us wading through this highly traumatic time in our lives with a feeling of being blindfolded and left in the dark. He is also constantly late. Over many appointments with him, he has never made it to our appointment less than 40 minutes late. If we are expected to be on time for appointments, why isn't he?

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

I would like to say that we had Dr. Keith for when my dad turned terminally ill with cancer. Dr. Keith was filling in for his Dr. didn't see my Dad until 730 at night (he was at the hospital all day), when he came in to finally see him, he was really rude and had no bedside manner. It made us disgusted that a Dr in this field treats his patients and family like he did. It was like we were bothering him. I was glad to hear that he left here, so nobody else would have to put up with that behaviour from an oncologist. Sad to say my dad passed away that night, but one thing we will never forget is how Dr. Keith talked to us and my dad.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

SO SAD TO LEARN THAT THIS DOCTOR HAS LEFT OUR CITY. HE IS CARING, RESPECTFUL, AND VERY KNOWLEDGABLE. WHAT A LOSS TO OUR COMMUNITY.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

Dr. Keith was my Oncologist for 4 years and I am very thankful he was here during the worst time of my life. He researched my type of cancer and was there for me throughout treatment.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

very helpful and excellent bedside manner. if he doesn't know the answer to a question you ask, he will have one for you within a day or 2. has alot of collegues from all over north america that he consults on a regular basis to make sure you have an informed and correct answer or serveral options. very nice man.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

I was assigned to Dr Keith when I was diagnosed with breast cancer last fall. I found him to be very patient, knowledgeable and kind. He is reserved in his mannerism but I was there to be treated for cancer, not to socialize with him.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2009

Dr. Keith was 90 minutes late with no apology. He had no personality, no bedside manner, no compassion etc. My good news was delivered in such a poor manner that I actually had to think 'that was good news wasn't it?' Thankfully I don't have to see him again.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Dr. Keith was respectful and understanding, as well as professional yet personal in his interaction with my father.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009