Ratings for Dr. Yvonne MacDonald

Dr Macdonald took over our previous doctors patients, so we did not choose her. She has been our doctor for just over a year and we are looking for a new doctor. It's impossible to see her with her same day booking policy as all spots book up quickly. Only option is after hours where you draw a number and hope to get in before the clinic closes. She has cancelled FOUR appointments on us in the past year and some with less than an hour notice. She is often on holidays, (which she is totally entitled to, but seems to be gone half of the year) or "out of the office for the day". At one appointment, she was talking about her personal life right outside of the room we were in and some of it was inappropriate for the office. I know she has gone through a rough time and I really feel for her. But as her patient I feel completely disrespected by this inappropriate behaviour.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

We are very displeased with the service or lack of and the attitude of the receptionist , she may be a good doctor but can never get in to see her with same day booking ! With test results pending from a stroke and all her med due for renewal we are to go into the only walk in we are allowed to go to ! Cant believe that literally take a number from a hat and see if you get in ! Walk down the street and be in and out in half hour !!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

This review is based on the Dr in Strathroy. When you can actually see her, she is great. My issue is her accessibility. The only way to see her is to call in same day in the morning and make an appointment for same day only. This is the most inconvenient system and staff has obviously dealt with angry patients because they seem to be very impatient when you mention how terrible this system is and that you never get to see her. The other issue is she seems to be home a lot. For whatever reason wether on holidays or whatever. Just seems to never be at the clinic? Again, she is great if you can get her. Just can't ever get her. I have ended up going to the after hours clinic every single time I have needed to see someone. Really Fed up with it! We have switched doctors because of this unreliability. I would not recommend her purely based on her availability.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

My Dr. passed away so signed up with Dr. MacDonald. It has been 6 months and I stillnhave been unable to get an appointment!. I call first thing in the morning and already she is booked for the day. She is constantly on a leave or on holidays or "not in today" or only working for half a day etc. etc. etc. It is ridiculous. She does not book appointments either so it's virtually impossible to get in to see her. ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Loved her when she was our doctor in Petrolia. Still miss her. Sincere condolences, Yvonne. You've been through a lot but you're a survivor. xo

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I do not know you, Dr. MacDonald, but went to school with Rob's youngest brother. Please accept my sincerest condolences to you and your children. A note to others writing here: when you leave a comment please, please keep in mind that Dr. MacDonald's/ Carter's children will one day read these comments. I wish some writers below had thought about this before writing their vile comments on this forum. Once the words are out there, they never disappear from the internet. Please do not make his children suffer extra.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

I am so sorry for your loss Yvonne. You and your children are in my thoughts and prayers. Dr. Carter will be missed by many people. I can only imagine what you have had to go through over the past few years. I hope you are able to find peace as you walk this difficult journey. RIP Dr. Carter

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Great doctor, always on time and great listener. She seems to truly care.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr MacDonald is absolutely fabulous! She is the best Dr I've ever had and I wouldn't take myself or my daughter anywhere else! I hardly ever have to wait to see her, if anything it's 5-10 mins which is pretty normal these days. She always answers all of my questions and makes me feel so comfortable! I never feel rushed. I've had appts rescheduled a couple times, but I don't complain. She's a human being just like the rest of us. Things come up, people get sick ect.... She's an A++++ Dr in my books!! Dr MacDonald you ROCK!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

She was my doctor in Petrolia and i really miss her. She took very good care of my family, we never felt rushed and she was always on time. I wish more doctors were like her and I wish her the best.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011