Ratings for Dr. Christiaan Grundling

I went to him at the walk-in clinic to examine a lump on my breast, and to talk about prescribing me a birth control pill. He was very compassionate and kind since he knew I was pretty concerned about the lump, and he prescribed me a great BC pill.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2017

This doctor does not care. I went in for a simple perscription refill for thyroid medication and he told me I was wasting his time when he couldn't find the correct medication on my file. Not MY problem it was his computer issue. Also told me I was wasting governments money by asking for lab tests to manage my hashimotos condition. It's a LIFELONG condition and thyroid levels need to be checked. Thyroid patients!!! Do not see this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

This doctor is very unprofessional and rude. I feel sorry for all the people who have to work with him. No wonder the administrative assistant didn't look happy to be at work first thing in the morning. Probably dreading Having to spend the day with him!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

I went to the walk-in clinic for the first time in over two years. Dr. Grundling accused me of coming in to get antibiotics for a virus before he actually examined me. He did not know me nor did he have any records of me at his clinic. He told me it was his job to teach "people like me" (Hmmm what is that? -University graduate, -working professional, -educated person, -mother of two, 40 -year old) how to treat their viruses themselves. I told him everything I did at home before coming in, which I have been taught by other doctors, and I didn't know what else I could do. He told me that all of his colleagues in Red Deer are doctors who don't take the time to talk to their patients and just prescribe antibiotics because it is easier for them. He said that they are being trained on viruses but don't listen to what they are told. "They can see 5 patients in 15 minutes whereas I am going to be wasting 15 minutes with you". Then, he proceeded to actually examine me and low and behold, he prescribed some antibiotics but not before saying that he was "just giving me the benefit of the doubt". This doctor has no bedside manners or at the very least, woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

The kindest Dr. I have ever met. Very helpful and smart!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I had him with my first baby and he was very good! He made me feel very comfortable!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Best Dr. in Red deer! Great person and doctor. Very knowledgeble and loads of experience.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

I am a horrible patient but Dr. G greets me with a smile anyways and visits me in the hospital daily when I am there. Who can ask for more? If he doesn't know the answer he sends you to a specialist who does. Just wish I didn't have to wait to see him so long - it takes longer for me to see him than a doctor in emergency he is that popular! He is a wonderful man and doctor.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

I only seen this Doctor once, but that was enough for me. He is the worst Dr. I'we ever been consulted by.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Dr. G. has been my doctor for several years including now as I'm expecting my 1st baby-he is patient, gentle, takes time to listen to my concerns and questions, and shares in my joy each time we hear the heartbeat. He also acted quickly to get advice from another doctor when he thought I might have appendicitis or an ectopic pregnancy (turned out to be neither). A wonderful, caring doctor.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010