Ratings for Dr. Laura M. Ledlie

Being a first time mom of twins I could not be more pleased with Dr. Ledlie. She is very laid back and relaxed during every visit. She is very gentle with both my son and daughter. She asks questions and takes her time during each visit. I honestly could not ask for more. Her staff and the staff at Sandhills are always helpful and prompt in returning phone calls. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

I often get the feeling she is being pulled in too many directions at one time. Sometimes when I see her she is great (I'm a 21, but haven't found a G.P.), and sometimes she is frazzled and not very patient.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

I have to state for anyone looking for true reviews, some of the reviews written, may not always be from a patients parent. Office staff does indeed get on here to comment after a bad review. I know this for a fact. Usually if there is a bad experience, an individual will go online to write and let others know. If there is a good experience, you usually don't find individuals to go out there way to say hey, let me go online and write something(it does happen). Ledlie is nice, however I have to agree with the other mother who states, she is quick to give meds instead of looking and going above and beyond. Just because a doctor throws out meds, does not mean the parent agrees to *give* them all the time. If that is the case. when I had an issue with all of my children, I had to request referal. It was never suggested...and I mean never. despite how many patients a doc has, be thorough when their life is in your hands. That is the purpose of a doc right.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

I have always found Dr. Ledlie to be thorough and caring with all 3 of my children. I also have a very different experience than the mother who feels like Dr. Ledlie is "quick to give medication"... I have found her to be just the opposite in our care. Some of that may be because I'm always reluctant to *give* medication unless it is clearly needed, however. The nursing staff is great, phone calls are ALWAYS promptly returned, all of my questions are always answered and if your child needs a specialist for anything Dr. Ledlie is a great advocate for her patients and their parents even when they are under another's care. She genuinely KNOWS my children, too, which to me is invaluable and I don't know how she does it because like most pediatricians, she clearly sees a LOT of kids each day! Could't be happier -- we drive for many miles just to see her because for us she's that perfect of a fit!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

I'm sorry, I guess I have to be the one to give a so so bad review on this doc. I have to agree with one of the reviewers that at times she can seem a bit frazzled and it could be due to all the patience she sees. Other than that I have to say she is pretty good with the kids, no complaints there. My issue with her is that she never seems to really look into an issue that could be going on with your child. She is quick to slap medication and send you on your way. I have two girls and an infant that sees her. I had concerns with my little one that stayed in the office and she would never look into the matter tellig me it was nothing, however after taking them elsewhere I found out that the issue was bigger than I thought. I do think if she were aware something would have been done, but as I stated, she doesn't look beyond anything else. Quick to give meds. Overall she is nice if that's the only thing you're looking for.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Dr. Ledlie has been seeing my daughter since she was born (Jan 08) and I absolutely adore her. She is so patient and thorough during her exams and takes the times to listen to all of my new-mom questions and worries. I love that when most doctors would end the appointment and leave, she asks, "What else?" until I can't think of any other questions. Both she and the nursing staff are great about answering questions and returning calls. I only wish I could find a doctor for mySELF that was this wonderful!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Ledlie sees both of my daughters and has done so since Dr. Weston left a few years ago. The girls feel comfortable seeing Dr. Ledlie because she is approachable and knowledgeable. My oldest is 20 and doesn't want to stop seeing her. Dr. Ledlie is a good listener and is great about returning calls. She even gave me her personal cell number when one of my daughters was sick so I could call her if I needed to. I wish I could find a doctor like her for myself.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2009

Dr. Ledlie has cared for both of my boys;Mikie 6 and Cody 3, since birth. For almost the last 7 years she has always been there. She is knowledgable and compassionate. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2006

I love Dr. Ledlie. I'm 20 yrs old myself.. and I love going to her office. She's a busy woman.. but very knowledgeable and helpful! she cares about her patients!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2005

Dr. Laura M. Ledlie's Credentials

• Univ Of Sc Sch Of Med, Columbia Sc 29208 (Grad. 1995)