Dr. Gordon King

You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gordon King

I never knew Dr. King on a personal level but as a patient at Stat 23 at the old U of A. Clearly,he treated his "experiments" different than his family/friends. This dr effected my life back in the 70's when I was 5-13. He pushed drugs a lot,we were all on em and always different "tests" that had to do with out heads...Things were much different back then. I should of filed a law suit as there is no way many of the things we endured and the discipline methods could of been legal, but who would believe "us". I only remember 1 girls name from there...Is there anyone who was a patient of Dr. Kings or Dr. Blackmans at the U of A?? Please message me at easylivinodaat@yahoo.ca thanks

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

I have know Dr. King for the last 6 years and he was the kind of person that leave a lasting impression on your heart. He was respectful and kind and just to be in his presence you felt so important. I wish his family luvs and hugs at this time for they have lost a great man.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Amen to the last comment. To all you morons that Dr. King caught lying, shame on you. This wonderful human being died in his sleep August 7, 2010 and will be dearly missed by all who knew him. It is disgusting what drivel you write and shows your character not his. His funeral will be standing room only and many tears will be shed - can you say the same about yours?

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

These comments are absolutly terrible. Although I have never been to Dr. King as a patient, he has personally counselled me through many hardships. He was my grandfather, and I cannot have imagined living my life without his guidance and gentle heart. Perhaps instead of complaining about a person, one should take a look at the other side of a situation, and know that he lived a long good life. He had many patients that loved him, and the statements below come from bitter, sorry excuses for human beings. If a person actually looked beyond the price of WCB, and truely put trust into this man, they would understand how brilliant he was.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2010

I am not shocked reading these allegations against Dr. King.I was sent to him by my insurance company, who were trying to get out of paying me my legitimate disability claim.He was late, then he wanted to change the time and day to Saturday.He said he would come pick me up at my apartment!I said, no. His questions were unpredicable, he wanted to know everything about my spiritual beliefs!He was supposedly evaluating my anxiety and depression.He tried to tell me my medical conditions were incorrect though he was not a surgeon!Then he asked if heat made my pain better, and I said yes.(I had a broken tailbone and severe chronic pain.) He offered to buy me an electric blanket, and bring it to my apt, told me I should dump my boyfriend and find a man who would "buy me things".Bragged about giving his nurses diamonds.I couldn't wait to get away from him.Waiting for my bf to pick me up he said "I just want to stare at you for awhile". I ran out the door to wait in the snowstorm.Creepy Lizard.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2009

Is there anyone out there who was a patient of this so called Doctor back in the 1970's when he worked at the University Hospital in psycology for children and had children on Stelazine and Pertofrane. I was 11 and would not go to school so the Doctor thought it warranted me being in hospital on pills that made me pull my eyelashes and eyebrows out.All of us on that ward were zombies I believe we were just lab rats having wires glued to our heads and hooked up to machines every few days.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2009

In regards to the previous post who stated it was an exaggeration that Dr. King got paid $3200 for 20 minutes work. I have a WCB printout from my FOIPP request and he got paid $4200 for my 20-30 minute session. Even at $300/hr that is 14 hour worth of time and is it took over 13 hours to write the lies and false information in the report he wrote than that is just as sad as the report. Just because he works for the WCB because hr probably can't work anywhere else, doesn't mean he can't have integrity and give a truthful unbiased decision. Falsifying reports makes him just as bad as the meat grinding organization he works for and he made that choice. I am sure in his prime he was a respectable doctor, but unfortunately that does not seem to be the case now as many have stated their opinions. When you are forced by WCB to see a doctor, you would expect you are getting a fair and just diagnosis, but when the report states lies and information not expressed by the patient, that is wrong

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

I am a doctor who trained with Dr. King, and told my friends he was the King of my teachers, in my entire undergraduate and specialist training. Please notice that WCB is a meat-grinder. This is a government-run insurance system with limited ability and probably little incentive to help people unless their problems fit just inside the dotted lines. Doctors know that worker's comp patients are often quite mixed up about whether they want to work or want a pension. WCB pays doctors a bit more than Alberta Health Care, or they could not get doctors to do the work. It is just a ridiculous exaggeration to suggest they get $3200 for 20 minutes work.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

Dr. Gordon King's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates