Ratings for Dr. Jolene Kennett

As a long time patient of Dr Kennett's, I'm disappointed to say that I agree with the reviews below. Over this past year, she has been providing increasing inconsistent information and very little useful advice. Her dietary and lifestyle suggestions just don't work anymore. The last few IV pushes have made me even more tired and the last two even made so dizzy that I almost passed out. After all of this time and significant dollars spent (not covered by MSP or extended health) on appointments, IVs, supplements and pricey lab tests which have proven to have no benefit.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Dr Kennett is for the most part friendly and nice. I've seen her for almost five years and mainly as my main health care practitioner. However in the last six months, I notice a lack of service level. She offers less useful information and helpful advice. She appears to lack focus and attention to detail as evident in my last few iv pushes. I even got dizzy and almost passed out after the last one. She was doing another patient and me at the same time. I'm now starting to wonder if she really only put half the magnesium in and if the other vitamins were correct. The last few iv pushes just didn't have the same effect as previous ones. As some of the below reviewers, she does offer conflicting information at each appointment. She also provides little follow up - she'll say that she will look into something yet I don't receive any information at a later time.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr Kennett seems to offer contradictory advice and I often leave confused. She is nice and caring though. I wish that she would take the whole picture into consideration as I often need to do my own research after the appointments to ensure that her advice will not conflict with anything.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr. Kennett got right to the point, found a solution to my "hot flashes" within a week they were almost gone, her hormone expertise is "PRICELESS" she was super informative, advised of different ways to manage hormones, i.e. diet / exercise, weight loss, over all good health. I wasn't sure what to expect, this was my first time at a Naturopath and I found the office very welcoming the office staff to be very efficient, looking forward to my next appointment for more health education.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

When my peri-menopause symptoms kicked in in my late 40's I had a dreaded that I was going to go through what all the older women in my family suffered through. After years of symptoms which have negatively affected my quality of life, I was fortunate to meet Dr Kennett. Over the past three years she had helped me understand the 'why's' of what I was experiencing. Dr Kennett uncovered an autoimmune thyroid disease and through her persistence in recommending that my GP order an ultrasound, we discovered that I had uterine fibroids. Dr.Kennett is a great educator and approaches health from all angles - which is a unique quality for a doctor. She also discussed the pros and cons of various treatment options which enabled me to make my own informed decision. I no longer suffer from hot flashes, insomnia, heart palpitations or fatigue, and my libido has returned after 7 years! I must say that occasionally Dr Kennett is late in starting her appointments, but I have come to understand that this is because she gives her patients 100% of her attention and ensures that all issues are addressed before a patient leaves her office. Thank-you Dr Kennett - your hormone expertise and your compassion in understanding women's health issues is exactly what I was looking for!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

On the one hand, Dr Kennett is far more knowledgeable and open minded than many of the previous health practitioners I've been to (naturopaths included and I like her bedside manner very much. On the other, she often seems unprepared for our appointments and I usually end up doing much of my own research both prior to and after our meetings. I also find she often gives contradictory advice and has cost me a lot of money in useless supplements and antibiotics. Despite a host of useless advice and money spent on tests and supplements, she has helped me gain some clarity . As the last reviewer said, I hope I'm doing the right thing in seeing her.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Dr Kennett seems to be nice and friendly. Like a handful of medical professionals, it is often difficult to get a direct response to the whats, whys and hows. I wish that she would answer the question at the onset or at least say I don't know, I will find out and let you know. I do not like asking the same thing more than one time. I hope that she becomes more pro-active in your healthcare instead of only addressing the initial or current issues. I hope that I am doing the right thing seeing her and taking her supplements. Seeing that this is an out of pocket cost, I am trying to be patient and positive.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

A warm, friendly doctor who is very knowledgable and doesnt just push supplements like some other naturopaths. She takes time to educate patients on healthy positive lifestyle changes to truly solve health issues at the root.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Dr Kennett is amazing and the most awesome doctor! She is very helpful, knowledgeable, caring, supportive, understanding and wonderful. She is brilliant - she knows everything and solves every issue.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Kennett for years. I saw her before, during and after my pregnancy and now my (very healthy) daughter sees her too. I have a pituitary tumor which causes all sorts of issues but she is very knowledgeable. I often see her first before going to my MD regardless of the problem. She is easy to talk to and very caring. She doesn't judge my choices or push anything on me. She listens and offers advice and solutions. I am grateful to have found her.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Dr. Jolene Kennett's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Jolene Kennett is a passionate Naturopathic Doctor who runs CareMed Integrative Health in Lower Lonsdale. She is a full time mom, and when not with her lovely children or spouse, she spends all of her free time on her bike or in the kitchen creating health for her family. During a visit with Dr Kennett she will teach, coach and empower you to move to a better state of health.

• English

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 2002)

MSP/BC Med