Ratings for Dr. Jolene Kennett

Knowledgeable, kind,caring and dedicated to her patient.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

In a recent visit with Dr. Jolene Kennett, I was reminded of what a genuinely CARING, COMPASSIONATE, KNOWLEDGEABLE, and WELL-RESEARCHED Naturopathic Doctor she is!!! Her DEDICATION and COMMITMENT in all that she does is of the HIGHEST INTEGRITY in the ETHICS OF MEDICINE!!! In all of our visits over the past 7 years, she has always been FOCUSED, ATTENTIVE, and completely PRESENT, asking relevant questions, and addressing the health issue with all its facets, in every conceivable way. Her Hormone Care expertise has me feeling like WONDER WOMAN!!! I particularly appreciate (when applicable and possible), Dr. Kennett's recommendation of proper nutrition, exercise, meditation, love and laughter, and supplements (if necessary) to HEALING the health concern. Any IV Therapy Treatments that I have experienced have always been of greatest benefit with immediate improvement in my health crisis. Her staff at the Front Desk are extremely EFFICIENT, HELPFUL and WELCOMING!!! I feel that Dr. Kennett is, and practices, the "HIPPOCRATIC OATH" in its true ESSENCE!!! THANK YOU Dr. Kennett for all that you ARE and all that you continue to DO!!!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I've been seeing Jolene for about three years now, for various reasons that range from depression and anxiety to women's health. I have to say she has been a rock for me. Her gentle, caring demeanour combined with what I would call excellent knowledge level keeps me coming back. She is an avid researcher and is entirely committed to her work. My experience with the IV treatments has been very beneficial and I always feel that no matter what I'm there for, she focuses on me and I leave with answers that result in positive life changes as long as I commit and stick to it. I go to her for paps and breast exams and she puts me right at ease. She has made a huge difference in my life and I can't imagine going to anyone else! She has identified, among other things, a magensium deficiency and all the supplements I've purchased based on her recommendations have really benefited me. I never feel like she's trying to sell me anything and never feel pressured or judged. She is the best naturopath I've ever seen. And I've seen plenty.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

My experience with Dr. Kennett has been amazing. I see her for paps instead of my medical doctor because she is gentle with fantastic bedside manner. She seems to genuinely care about her patients, I have never felt rushed and always feel like she has my best interest in mind.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

As a long time patient of Dr Kennett's, I'm disappointed to say that I agree with the reviews below. Over this past year, she has been providing increasing inconsistent information and very little useful advice. Her dietary and lifestyle suggestions just don't work anymore. The last few IV pushes have made me even more tired and the last two even made so dizzy that I almost passed out. After all of this time and significant dollars spent (not covered by MSP or extended health) on appointments, IVs, supplements and pricey lab tests which have proven to have no benefit.

Submitted November 25, 2016

Dr Kennett is for the most part friendly and nice. I've seen her for almost five years and mainly as my main health care practitioner. However in the last six months, I notice a lack of service level. She offers less useful information and helpful advice. She appears to lack focus and attention to detail as evident in my last few iv pushes. I even got dizzy and almost passed out after the last one. She was doing another patient and me at the same time. I'm now starting to wonder if she really only put half the magnesium in and if the other vitamins were correct. The last few iv pushes just didn't have the same effect as previous ones. As some of the below reviewers, she does offer conflicting information at each appointment. She also provides little follow up - she'll say that she will look into something yet I don't receive any information at a later time.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr Kennett seems to offer contradictory advice and I often leave confused. She is nice and caring though. I wish that she would take the whole picture into consideration as I often need to do my own research after the appointments to ensure that her advice will not conflict with anything.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr. Kennett got right to the point, found a solution to my "hot flashes" within a week they were almost gone, her hormone expertise is "PRICELESS" she was super informative, advised of different ways to manage hormones, i.e. diet / exercise, weight loss, over all good health. I wasn't sure what to expect, this was my first time at a Naturopath and I found the office very welcoming the office staff to be very efficient, looking forward to my next appointment for more health education.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

When my peri-menopause symptoms kicked in in my late 40's I had a dreaded that I was going to go through what all the older women in my family suffered through. After years of symptoms which have negatively affected my quality of life, I was fortunate to meet Dr Kennett. Over the past three years she had helped me understand the 'why's' of what I was experiencing. Dr Kennett uncovered an autoimmune thyroid disease and through her persistence in recommending that my GP order an ultrasound, we discovered that I had uterine fibroids. Dr.Kennett is a great educator and approaches health from all angles - which is a unique quality for a doctor. She also discussed the pros and cons of various treatment options which enabled me to make my own informed decision. I no longer suffer from hot flashes, insomnia, heart palpitations or fatigue, and my libido has returned after 7 years! I must say that occasionally Dr Kennett is late in starting her appointments, but I have come to understand that this is because she gives her patients 100% of her attention and ensures that all issues are addressed before a patient leaves her office. Thank-you Dr Kennett - your hormone expertise and your compassion in understanding women's health issues is exactly what I was looking for!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

On the one hand, Dr Kennett is far more knowledgeable and open minded than many of the previous health practitioners I've been to (naturopaths included and I like her bedside manner very much. On the other, she often seems unprepared for our appointments and I usually end up doing much of my own research both prior to and after our meetings. I also find she often gives contradictory advice and has cost me a lot of money in useless supplements and antibiotics. Despite a host of useless advice and money spent on tests and supplements, she has helped me gain some clarity . As the last reviewer said, I hope I'm doing the right thing in seeing her.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Dr. Jolene Kennett's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Jolene Kennett is a passionate Naturopathic Doctor who runs CareMed Integrative Health in Lower Lonsdale. She is a full time mom, and when not with her lovely children or spouse, she spends all of her free time on her bike or in the kitchen creating health for her family. During a visit with Dr Kennett she will teach, coach and empower you to move to a better state of health.

• English

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 2002)
  • Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (Grad. 2006)