You may also like

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Extremely unprofessional. I will NEVER go back or recommend anyone to this doctor after my experience. He prescribes medicines that you can not afford, and then refuses to prescribe you something more affordable. I have called his office everyday for the past week trying to make a simple request to prescribe me a prescription that is covered by my insurance. The ridiculous protocol the receptionists have is unbearable. The "we have to "take a message and will pass it on for you" is completely awful. Nothing ever gets done and you WILL NOT receive a phone call back. Messages never get relayed or the doctor just blatantly ignores requests. Save your money, save your time, and save yourself the frustration.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Dr. Byrd is an exceptional doctor. He's every woman's dream gynecologist. Compassionate, thoughtful, patient with an incredibly reassuring manner. When I had a miscarriage, I was new to the area and by myself. Dr. Byrd really helped me through it. His nurse was great too. A year later, I had another miscarriage but I was in Pennsylvania. The whole experience was horrible. You can't really go to another doctor after you go to Dr. Byrd. If I'm pregnant this month, I'll drive the 17 hours just to get treated by Dr. Byrd!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Byrd for 7 years, and had been through two others before I found him. He delivered my son, by c-section (I opted), but had I gone into labor at night or on weekends, promised he would have been there. He was quick in the surgery room, and a real pro. His nurse has been with him for years, and she has always been warm and always knew who I was. The surgery room staff was also top-notch. I recommend Dr. Byrd highly to any new moms who want a caring, concerned Dr. ho also has a sense of humor. I hope he stays in New Orleans for a long time to come!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

I was very pleased with this physician. I saw him for a annual exam, and he did not seem to blow things off as much as my previous doctors. He also has a very good bedside manner. He is really a sweet person who appears to have a lot of compassion. I would highly recommend this physician. His nurse is also wonderful..

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

Delivered my second child almost 9 years ago and is about to deliver my 3rd. He does not rush out of the office, takes time to listen to concerns, seems to really care about what I want for my healthcare. I've been very happy with him. When I was having a miscarriage, HE called me more than once to talk about test results, not his staff. Was VERY compassionate. Great doctor - which I think is EXTREMELY important in this field.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Dr. Kenneth J. Byrd's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1996)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been Dr. Byrd's patient for almost ten years. Him and his staff has always been professional, kind, caring, and courteous. "

October 14, 2015