Ratings for Dr. Francis Desmond Hussey

I had a terrible time with Dr. Hussey. No caring about symptoms or diagnosing. Just take this opioid in ever increasing strengths. And while you are at it take this muscle relaxer too. No curiosity to help discover what my illness was. Finally, on my own I went to a movement disorder specialist at USF. She said I had Parkinson’s Disease and needed a Deep Brain Stimulator. I was fast tracked at the University of Florida’s Center for Movement Disorders and Neurorestoration for a Deep Brain Stinulator implantation. I tested out as a perfect candidate. I have idiopathic Parkinson Disease and with the DBS can walk now. The pills that Dr. Hussey prescribed were actually contraindicated with my Parkinson’s and were doing more harm than good. I thank god there are physicians that care at the University of Florida who gave me my life back rather than simply prescribing higher and higher doses of medication that would leave one sitting like a zombie in a chair.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Extremely brief and rude at the initial appointment. The office would not provide an estimate of their billing for a proposed procedure. They simple scheduled the procedure without calling me and later scheduled a post-procedure follow up visit even though I had nothing done. It seemed quite obvious to me that they over billed me and when I questioned the charges the lady in billing acted hurried. I went to another Doctor!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

I would agree with all the negative reviews for Dr Hussey and staff. I experienced excruciating pain during a spinal epidural he performed and his attitude toward me as a patient and concern for my well being were totally absent. After the procedure it was impossible to get any information from him or his staff as to what went wrong with my procedure, why I had the excruciating pain and what was the likelihood of my experiencing the same pain should he do another procedure. I never heard from Dr. Hussey regarding my questions and would NEVER go to him again. There are too many other pain management doctors in Naples who actually care about their patients and are eager to work with them toward a relief of their pain.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Hussey because he was in the same group as my other doctors. After my visit I was so upset, wish I could change but I am stuck. He is not only rude, he acts like seeing a patient is a chore. Can't really discuss my health concerns because he doesn't want to hear it, cuts me off when I try to speak. It takes 2 weeks to get a follow up appointment, no matter what kind of pain I am in, some pain management, he is awful. And his staff is no better, rude! I am sure they are acting as ordered by their boss. Stay away, you will be sorry if you don't.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

I would NEVER see this "Dr." If he were the last Dr. on earth & some1 paid me!! Please don't make the same mistake I made going in!! He is the MOST ARROGANT, RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL "DR." I've EVER seen!! I use to work for great Dr.s. Well he is NOT one at all!! He is cold & uncaring, he would ask a question~then cut me off before I could get 3 words out!! He is SUPPOSE to care about & HELP People with pain, "RIGHT PAIN "doctor?!" He charges a ridiculous amount of $$ for nothing. What a waste of MY TIME & MONEY!! My insurance would NOT EVEN COVER my MRI because, his office staff told me, "Your insurance won't cover your MRI~ because they don't consider him a REAL "Dr." & neither do I!! Spare yourself being put down by him, & wasting your money. I left this OFFICE IN TEARS!!! And now I AM TREATED by a great, compassionate & professional Doctor who found that I have Lupus & R.A. REAL PAIN... and now I see a doctor who cares and treats me & my conditions appropriately & professionally!!!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Amazing results and a wonderful caring doctor and staff.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I haven't even seen the Dr yet. I went in to sign release forms. I walked in the office and the staff treated me like I was a criminal. Very RUDE! The first question was what insurance do you have? Red flag right there. I had a question on the release form and you'd think I was ruining her day. So I will not be a patient there EVER, first impressions you know?, When you walk in the door there's a wall right there, ummm interesting. Anyway, horrible, angry seeming staff, like they hate their jobs and I seriously felt, like I said before, like a criminal. It was awful. I'll never walk back in that office again. It's hard enough to find good Drs in this town but this was ridiculous. Maybe the Drs very nice but he needs to know about how rude and unhappy and how they come across to patients.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Extremly talanted and knows exactly what he is doing!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Constant change in appointment times. If you have drive time if 40 minutes it can be challenging!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Staff rude & unprofesssional, nurse got angry when I asked to have my name. Initials put on urine specimen before testing. I was rushed thru the office after waiting 45 minutes. Not a good feeling. Office incredibly rude, incaring, & unprofessional. I was very surprised at this treatment.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr. Francis Desmond Hussey's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1991)