Ratings for Dr. Lee M. Nicols

I have undergone two surgeries performed by Dr. Nicols, and I really cannot find anything negative about him or his practice. I would not hesitate to see him again (in part because every internist I know rates him highly and recommended him). He's been a bit late a few times (office visits) but who isn't? Regarding his bedside manners: he can seem flat at first, it takes a bit of time to realize he has a very droll sense of humor. If it feels like he's not listening, be assured he is. Anyway, I was looking for excellence in surgery, not a comedian. So I can say that I was extremely fortunate that other MDs steered me in his direction. I would not hesitate to do the same.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Rude and no bedside manners. Uninformative

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr. Lee M. Nicols's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

"I knew in college that I wanted to become a doctor. My grandfather was a surgeon and I am pleased to follow his example, helping people to enjoy a better quality of health. I have always been interested in technical projects and working with my hands. I guess it naturally follows that I enjoy the hands-on, technical involvement and personal aspects of being a surgeon. Seeing patients lives enhanced is such a positive reward of this profession." "I have a keen interest in laparoscopy and the benefit it affords the patient. It is a definite passion of mine. With laparoscopic procedures such as gastrointestinal, colorectal and hernia surgery, the results are a quicker, more comfortable recovery. At Central Surgical Associates, we work hard to give you the best possible surgical experience." Dr. Nicols, his wife and children reside in the Jackson area. He enjoys traveling, hunting, outdoor activities and spending free time at his farm with his horses and dogs.

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 2009)