Ratings for Dr. Gerald Desmarais

Horrible experience. Long wait and adjustment caused more pain. Patient in next room was screaming in pain. Expensive too.

Submitted April 28, 2017

Great specialist! He helped me and my wife to get rid of back pain. Very professional and very helpful. Strongly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Did my initial consultation and 1st Chiropractor treatment with Dr Gerald. The treatment is ok, Dr Gerald explained a lot of points to keep spine healthy. However, I was not aware of my insurance policy has a ceiling price for this catagory, have to pay out of my own pocket for the difference. I think the front desk staff could have given me a head up. A bit shocked after talking to Sunlife.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Being seeing Dr Desmarais for the past few months now for some moderate to severe joint and nerve pain.initial apt with him was great.very informative and went above and beyond to get me walking and skating again. I see him about once a month now and i am able to walk and run again! If you are in pain and or skeptical about chiropractic treatment.don't be. Highly recommend seeking treatment from Dr Desmarais if needed. Kind,courteous and extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Amazing not only did he take care of the lumbar problem he also took care of the rotator ,I recommend this doctor more then the inept river park south.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Been attending Dr. Desmarais 16 years after having had a couple of severe car accidents. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

I went to see Dr.Gerald and in the initial session I mentioned some symptoms I'd had for a long time that caused my migraines, he said I needed to go for 3 specific tests and get back to him after I had all the results. After my MRI I went and saw a neurologist and he informed me I had a lesion on my brain that causes my migraine! If it wasn't for Dr.Gerald I probably would never have known what caused them! This just shows how much he cares about ones well being, and goes above and beyond your basic chiropractic services!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Gerry is the best chiropractor in MB. When I have cross- referenced his medical DX with medical professionals, he is consistently 100% correct compared to other chiropractors and physiotherapists. Example, he diagnosed my problem as altheletic publagia. A groin pull was all I thought it was, so I went to 1 psysiotherapist and another chirpractor- they DX the problem as a groin pull (inner leg). These treatments did not work so I went to a sport medicine DX who confirmed Dr. Gerry's DX. Second example- I was seeing a physiotherapist about my rotator cuff injury for 2 months, decided to let Dr. Gerry take a look after I was experience greater muscle weakness. It was a nerve impingement and he had me 60% better after the 1st appointment. Within 7 days almost 90%.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Without question the best chiropractor in the city if not Manitoba. I saw him 3 years ago for my right shoulder. After 1.5 years of Physiotherapy, occupational therapy, acupuncture, work hardening, neurosurgeon and MRI diagnostics and massage my shoulder was still extremely painful and I had virtually no function. I called the clinic asking if a chiropractor could help and was advised it was apart of their expertise. I'll be honest, my first examination was painful but only because he had have a full understanding of the origin of the problem. In 5 visits the pain was virtually gone and I could move my shoulder. 2.5 weeks!!! Since I had a MVA. I was struck as a pedestrian. So I went to the best. Sure enough we are on the way to recovery. Yes I said we. That's because he is so committed to your treatment and you feel like a team. It is impossible for me to rate him for his knowledge, personable, and dedication this professional is. A "5" isn't a high enough a score.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I've been to different chiro's all my life with little to no results having to go back 2-3 times a week. Dr. Gerald is the only one who has actually made a real difference! He is extremely knowledgable and will look further into figuring out what is the actual cause of what's going on with you. Best Chiro in the city! ( I should know, I've been to alot of them ;) )

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016