Dr. Matthew Lawson

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Matthew Lawson

I was very pleased with my visit with Dr. Lawson for my back problem.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I met with him 4-5 times before my P.L.U. M. and 3 weeks in to recovery I cant imagine trusting anyone else! He worked 7.5 hours on my procedure, and during those hours he changed my life! Definitely gifted and dedicated. Great staff!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

It was a long wait but worth it. Overall very happy.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

the wait to see him in the office was a little long, but once he was in our room he spent a great deal of time explaining the diagnosis and proposed surgery.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Dr. Lawson is the most intelligent doctor I have ever met! He treated me for pseudotumor cerebri (iih) and put in my vp shunt. He did a wonderful job & was very meticulous with my incisions! I would definitely recommend Dr. Lawson to anyone who is contemplating brain surgery.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

This was a very informative appointment about my brain aneurysm.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2012

Dr. Matthew Lawson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Matthew Lawson is a board certified neurosurgeon specializing in general neurosurgery, cerebrovascular surgery, and endovascular neurosurgery. Dr. Lawson is employed at the Tallahassee Neurological Clinic and he practices at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital. He treats a wide variety of neurosurgical conditions. Dr. Lawson treats patients with a variety of neurosurgical conditions, including brain aneurysms, brain arteriovenous malformations (AVMs), brain tumors, hemorrhagic stroke, ischemic stroke, cervical spine disorders, lumbar spine disorders, neuro-trauma, and peripheral nerve disorders. He performs both open and minimally invasive endovascular procedures. In fact, he performs more minimally invasive neuro-edovascular procedures and more non-invasive Stereotactic Radiosurgery procedures than any other surgeon in the Tallahassee area. Matthew Lawson, MD, was the first neurosurgeon in the region to perform brain aneurysm coiling, AVM embolization, and acute stroke intervention. He helped bring cutting edge neuroendovascular care to the Tallahassee area. Dr. Lawson also has a thriving general neurosurgery practice and cares for patients with brain tumors, hydrocephalus, disorders of the spine, and disorders of the peripheral nerves.

• English

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

• Brain aneurysm