Ratings for Dr. Aaron A. Bare

At the first visit, Dr Bare offered a good explanation of the need for surgery, a description of the proposed procedure and the expected outcome. Two months post op, after realizing surgery didn't work, he seemed to take a minimal intervention "hands off" approach as far as communications, but did demonstrate that, at the least, his initial surgery required revision. It seemed as if he was unwilling and his staff was unable to explain what went wrong the first time and what he was proposing to fix the problem. At the least, I agreed he should revise the initial surgery. Prior to the first surgery he met me and re-explained the procedure and then followed up when I was in recovery. At second surgery, rather than coming into see me himself, he sent the PA of another doctor who had no idea of my condition, the initial experience or anything else relevant. I've had a number of sports injuries and a couple of other health issues in my life. Never before have I had a bad medical experience and I've never had one that left me worse off than the condition was prior to treatment. That is until now. I was advised initially by Dr Bare that I would return to pain free 100% range of motion. Now, after the second surgery, I'm told I should expect no more than a 90degree range of motion and the condition will most likely never be pain free until I have a complete shoulder replacement. This info has all been provided by the PA because Dr Bare hasn't seen me since before the second surgery. All of this would have been much more acceptable if it weren't for Dr Bare's condescending attitude toward his patient. I was not surprised to see this same experience shared by quite a few others here and on other healthcare grading websites. I will now know to always check these sites first. A note: Dr Bare's staff is great.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

Dismissive of his patients despire abundant poor outcomes. I would advise you see someone else.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Dr. Bare and his staff were very nice to me. They explained everything in such a way that I could understand. He has the best beside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Bare. He was able to diagnose and treat my problem.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Highly recommend. My daughter had a shoulder injury. We saw Dr. Bare for a second opinion. She ended up needing surgery. Surgery went great and she is back to gymnastics. His staff is great. We felt very comfortable with our care and had a great result.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr. Bare and his staff are all excellent. I had a complete shoulder replacement and everything was perfect. I have full use of my shoulder , and would highly recommend Dr. Bare !!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr. Bare was a great used car salesman at first. Allowed him to do my surgery now i am having many complications ans he will not help me. He shruggs off my symptoms as " not because of his work." He needs to stop with ego!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Highly recommended. Excellent physician and surgeon. Great bedside manner. My husband and two children have seen him as well. All care has been excellent.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

His nurse has no idea what is going on. She is completely clueless and cannot answer even the simplest questions... but he was nice and explained things thoroughly. He just needs new staff working with himn and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2009

Could not tell use what the problem was. Basiclly said, sorry, I see nothing wrong and I can not help you. Walked out with out with out asking if there were any questions, with out refurring us to someone who might be able to help. Seemed like a nice guy, down to earth- but would not see him again because he was NOT helpful.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2009

I was told by Dr. Bare's PA that he does arthroscopic hip bursae removal, thus I made an appointment. Once I talked to Dr. Bare, I found out he has only done a few and could not/would not stand behind his work. I felt I was misleading to believe this surgeon had the capability to help me. OAD did however expect full payment!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND OAD Orthopedics. I ended up going to South Bend Orthopedics, Dr. Michael Yergler. He is the BEST!!!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

Dr. Aaron A. Bare's Credentials

• German

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1999)