Ratings for Dr. Doug Turner

I just had a surgery in my mouth last week. I needed to see a doctor since I am getting a really bad glue with lots of coughing. Imagine the pain around the stitches; well they asked me what i had... I flu I guess (I was asked to diagnostic myself, lol); they don't take flu patients in the after hour clinic even those ones with stitches...

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr Turner is a pleasant very smart man. His staff and office arel disfunctional; never able to get through on the phone, often get pushed off, prescriptions never get called in. The staff actually lost my patent file of 10 years, I had to go to health Canada to provide them with new records.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Perhaps you didn't have a scheduled appt. sometimes mistakes are made, by both parties. Hard to be perfect,

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

Dr. Turner is a great doctor. Staff however are another thing. I've arrived for a scheduled appointment only to be told that I did not have one.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

While there are poor Drs., Doug is NOT one of them. I have found him to be exceptional in his sincere interest in me as a patient in a wholistic way. While he may be occasionally delayed due to an emergent situation at his hospital practice, he and his staff work tireesly to minimize the inconvenience for patients. Clinics are not retail stores & those reviewers incensed at a delay should remember that it is often because someone else is in a much worse position than they would care to be in & genuinely need to be seen in an emergent way. This man has restored my hitherto shaky faith in the medical profession as a caring art.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Wonderful doctor. Always wiling to help and treats you with the utmost respect. Not only genuinely cares about your medical health, but cares about YOU. One of the few doctors who genuinely makes you feel cared for and important. His staff are also phenomenal, kind, and caring people. It's been such a joy having you as my doctor Dr Turner, hopefully for some time to come! -Mr Anxiety

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Turner and his staff are so caring and sweet. Dr. Turner has always treated me with the utmost respect and provided excellent care. He went beyond the extra mile for my family when my mother was ill. We are so lucky to have him in our community.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

Dr. Turner has been my doctor for about 30 years now. I find his knowledge to be excellent. He researches things for you and is very informed about most topics. Hiring a nurse practitioner was genius...really helps with his patient load. His office on the other hand is very disorganized, almost scary sometimes. Even the office closed messages on the phone are sometimes hilarious, pauses and mis spoken words....I really wish he would upgrade his staff. Calling to make an appointment is much better now, although he did go through a phase where it was totally ridiculous. Overall I am a healthy individual so when I need him I always get in within a reasonable amount of time

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

Dr.Turners office, as stated below is a complete "Gong show" The pure fact that you call to schedule an appointment and get told "I'll make a note" which is transcribed on a yellow sticky note and stuck to his cabinet to sit there is absurd. Lab/Imaging results are not followed up on or even found in a lot of cases. Once I was called in as he wanted to see me-sat me down and asked "why I was there today?" I said "I don't know you tell me?" Nothing like making money for doing nothing. Staff try to be helpful but don't seem to have any structured policy/procedure guidelines. Referral/Consult requests which are an integral part of patient care sit for weeks before his office even faxes them. It takes less than 5 seconds to send a fax. He should retire in hopes that his patients get a competent Physician who follows standards of care practices. He is personable, but what's the point in having a personable doctor who doesn't provide adequate patient care?

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Dr Turner is an amazing Doctor and I do not look forward to the day he is going to retire.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012