Ratings for Dr. E B Fretz

Excellent doctor in all respects. I have had two heart stents done by him and both were absolutely perfect. My third heart stent which was done between the other two was poorly done by a visiting British doctor and under the car of my previous cardiologist that I had which I immediately changed to Dr. Fretz.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Meet Dr. Fretz as entering the cather theater , he had a trainee with him, I am a Dr. Yvorchuck 's patient , whom has the most excellent manner, Dr. Fretz did the plumbing. Good team, results very good , very attentive. Yes Dr. Y doesn't do the surgery, the more time to analyze.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Doesn't explain all details to patients,falls short of talking with patience as to why they really need to wait for a particular surgery or treatment. He is a good Dr but maybe needs to ask a few more questions of his patients,they may feel as if they should just go along along with him so he can go to the next person. I also understand he is a busy Dr

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Dr. Fretz is not my cardiologist, but I met him when he spoke to the Heart To Heart support group several years ago after my own heart attack. I know that it's a big challenge for group organizers to convince very busy specialists to give up a free evening to come out to do presentations and answer questions from a room filled with freshly-diagnosed heart patients. I was so impressed with his wealth of knowledge and friendly manner in carefully answering every question in a helpful, jargon-free fashion. Congrats Dr. Fretz on making a difference in your community - we appreciate you!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr. Fretz has been my Dr. since my first heart attack in 2004. Due to the attitude of the Advanced Life Support BC Ambulance Service "diagnosing" me with pneumonia and taking over 1.5 hours to get me from Sooke to the Jubilee, Dr. Fretz had 20 mins to save my life. He has always been on top with my follow up tests and meds, adjusting as needed. This Halloween he again saved my life when I went into cardiac arrest in his waiting room, giving me chest compression's and shocking me back to life while waiting for the ambulance. Julie and the other women in the office looked after my elderly parents while this went on. I cannot say enough to thank Dr. Fretz for my life. Twice over at the very least. A man who truly cares.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Had a heart attack just over 3 years ago. Had a stent put in by Dr. Fretz that saved my life. Not only did the operation go very smoothly (and timely) but follow up has been phenomenal. I feel in very capable hands.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

He just did 2 stents in me jan /3/13 great guy .He answer any question i had and truly seemed to be a caring person thanks

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

Dr fretz told my husband his heart problems were in his head after having an angiogram. Knowing my husband had already had one heart attack with a stent, and a second stent was done at fretz's hospital. A year later after being told it was in his head he suffered a second heart attack, and refused to go to the hospital. This man should have his licence revolked, he is a disgrace to the medical profession. This so called dr told numerous men that day that it was all in their heads, I wonder how many have suffered like my husband did??? I am writing a book on the medical profession I will make sure to mention his name..

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

I had to have open heart surgery 12 years ago, I was 26. The year previous to my surgery, I had been poked and prodded and tested for everything possible, it seemed. If it wasn't for Dr. Fretz's compassion and concern, and his ability to talk me into going in for "one more test", my angiogram, they never would have discovered what was wrong with my heart. Apparently,I had been born with a congenital defect which needed repair immediately! Thankfully he was able to convince me to go ahead with the procedure, because if I hadn't, I probably wouldn't be here to watch my girl's grow up!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

I had two stents put in nov. 2009 and I just can't say enough good things about Dr. Fretz. Made be feel comfortable in a time when you know it could be your last day. I had no fear once he entered the operating room. follow up has also been a great experience.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012