Ratings for Dr. Esther Park

I had my first appointment today. Extremely nervous not knowing what to expect especially since I had read the reviews here. Pretty much everything everyone is saying here is true. Her mom the assistant the the secretary are amazing people. Although I find it strange that the mother stands in the room while you undress. Can't you leave the bloody room? As for Dr. Parks, she comes in asks why you're there and never looks at you. In my case I was their requesting bcp. After a quick Pap smear (I'll give her that, she was fast) and shoved her fingers in there so hard. To me that was hard to forget. Doesn't explain anything to you and tells you to get dressed while she types away. Really don't know what to think. I guess in order for her to make so much money she has to be so cold, unfriendly, and have poor bedside manners?? Sigh... already debating on cancelling my second appointment with her.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I had my appointment with Dr. Park this morning, and I was very pleased when leaving Dr. Park's office. She is highly professional and pleasant as always! The front desk lady is amazing and Dr. Park's assistant (her Mom!) is absolutely friendly and so helpful! I was at Dr. Park's office a few times before, and everything was fine with me, but when reading the negative reviews about her , I was curious thinking if things have changed since I was there last time? But this morning , I realized nothing has changed, the same pleasant greeting smiles from Dr and her assistants,, the same caring questions and efficient services! This made me feel very comfortable and happy when I was there. From this I realize that people's perspectives are based on their own personal feeling. If they have a bad day, they have to find someone to blame, especially when the doctor who has to involve in helping them??? I felt very touched when reading a few thanking cards on the office wall... I just would like to share my own experience: Don't feel discouraged to the negative reviews. If we are positive, positive things will come to us.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Extremely rude, doesn't explain anything. I timed her once and she was in the room for under two minutes. I was called to come in once to discuss pap results. She had no idea what was going on thought I was there for another pap. When she finally found my chart she told me my results in one sentence and tried to walk out the door. I had to follow her to the door to ask what it meant. She was so abrupt that I thought she said I had cancer.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Despite the negative reviews, Dr. Park is extremely knowledgeable, thorough and careful in her practise. I would recommend her to family/friends.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

To respond to the insensitive post below-it sounds like the individual did not go to the appointment knowing she would have an invasive procedure. Regardless it is evident that clear INFORMED consent was not obtained by the doctor. If this had been done and a thorough discussion of the procedure was done beforehand questions would have been answered and the individual could either agree or decline with the procedure. No person should EVER be made to feel this way. The person is completely valid in her feelings. It would take a lot for this person to even write to us about her really difficult experience. I thank her for sharing her experience. Because of her strength I now feel the courage to also report my really terrible experience with this doctor that I felt ashamed to even re-think about and this happened 6 years ago. Thank you for your courage.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

I sadly also had a very terrible experience happen to me with this doctor. I have also now decided to have the courage to report her to the college of physicians.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I had a violent birth experience with her 6.5 years ago. She was rude, dismissive of my wishes, gave me an episiotomy without my consent or knowledge and vacuumed my baby unnecessarily. It was an act of brutality against my baby and me. I'm traumatized.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Will be reporting her to the college of physicians

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I had an extremely violent experience with this doctor 6 years ago after a transfer of care during my labour. She was dismissive, disrespectful and caused a fluid build up in my newborn son after using a broken auctioning vacuum on his head. She violently touched my body, spoke down to me and made my birth experience traumatic and awful.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Please do not go see this doctor. I went in to identify an external issue I was having post natal (my child was delivered by midwives). Firstly, Dr. Park's mother escorted me into the exam room, and told me to get undressed from the waist down, WHILE SHE STOOD IN FRONT OF ME. Next I was rushed through an explanation of symptoms and diagnosed in 2 minutes. She then asked me when my last pap was done. I said longer than 2 years, but I hadn't received the notice yet. Half way through that sentence she SHOVED the speculum inside me, without notifying me at all. When I yelled out in pain and total shock, she said "oh it's just the pap that hurts". She then yanked it out of me, and asked me to get dressed while she was still in the room. I felt completely violated, like this woman had raped me. I later had a panic attack from the severe anxiety she caused me. I am not a very sensitive person, and I have had 2 children so I am used to these type of appointments, but what she did to me today felt borderline criminal. I will be reporting her to the OMA tomorrow. This woman should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017