Ratings for Dr. S Meckling

I found Dr. Meckling very approachable, straight to the point type guy, and a good listener. He took the time to explain how medications worked and how to proceed if the medications were not effective. He was professional and respectful; I never felt I was "taking" up his time. His office staff is amazing and caring.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I saw this Dr. Over a year ago. Complete lack of caring or compassion. I had such excellent neuoligists in Edmonton and this was.a complete waste of time . His attitude causes you to just want.to give up. I definitely do NOT reccomend him!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Went to Meckling for migraines and persistant headache. Had to push for tests and treatments, he googled my symptoms on more than one occasion, after giving a diagnosis he later had never heard of it and had to look it up, and after making the pain worse he brought it back down to the levels I started seeing him for but he dismissed me saying I was "cured". This is added into how rude and offensively he speaks.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

He is my migraine specialist and is the best out of all the doctors I have been to!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

My appointment with Dr Meckling was one of the worstI have ever experienced with a doctor to date. He looked at my brain scan did a couple of physical tests and diagnosed me with multiple sclerosis putting my world into a tailspin. I waited a few months and nothing seemed to change. I did however get two more specialist opinions and they both said I in fact did not have MS. The other two specialist took the time to take some blood from me and a number of other tests and they found out my B12 was very low. Took some B12 and everything changed back to normal and got all my strength back. That was six years ago and I have not looked back. Needless to say I will never see him again.. Rather than relying on a condescending judgemental doctors rushed diagnosis I am so glad that I got a second opinion.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Rarely in my life do I come across people this awful. I understand he's busy.. many drs are. I have heard he's very knowledgeable. I suppose that is what enables him to sleep at night after treating people (people who are hurting and looking to doctors for help) , with such a lack of disrespect and dignity. He wrote across my file that all my symptoms are in my head. Thus making it difficult to get help. Thank God in heaven there are those who know this man man frequently says this to people with very organic causes. Shame on you Dr Meckling. When I saw you you had a lot of back pain. Maybe you should see a counsellor about that and think more positively. I'm sure it's all in your head! Good luck with that!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I have been very happy with the help that I have received from Dr. Meckling. He was the first to identify the medical problem that I was facing and provide a plan of action to deal with it. His office staff are wonderful. He gets top marks from me.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Most non- interested and apathetic doctor I've ever met. Met with with him few years ago to help my daughter who has MS. And most recently I met him with MS- like symptoms that I was experiencing myself. In both cases he did not make any recommendations or order any tests. "Just live with it" was the attitude.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

It took awhile to get to see him but visit had good results, reviewed my files, tests and history. He did some standard in office tests, told me what I didn't have confirmed what I did and my course of treatment by medication. Over all a good visit.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

He has quite the chip on his shoulder! Perhaps he didn't know that his job required consulting with people. He is flippant and totally disrespectful towards test results that were done by other neurologists.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016