Ratings for Dr. Patrick Rice

I went to the walk in clinic because it was a long weekend and it was my only option. I had what I thought was a very bad cough and it wouldnt go away. This doctor was the only one availible. He asked if I had asthma, or had any asthma symptoms when I was a child. - which I didnt, He also asked if I smoked - which I dont. We talk about the cough agian for a few minutes and the he raises his voice and says YOU CANT SMOKE WHEN YOU HAVE ASTHMA! I didnt know what to say, I had alreay told him that neither one applied to me. When I went to get a second opinion a couple of weeks later and his asthma inhaler he perscribed wasnt working, I was told I had pneumonia. Needless to say I will not be going there again.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

This doctor takes his time with you. He is slower than other clinic doctors and a lot more thorough.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

My personal experiences with Dr. Rice have not been pleasant ones. I went to see him repeatedly over the same concern and ran tests and told me there was nothing wrong with me and let me continue to suffer in pain for years. I later found out that I have a chronic condition with my kidneys that should have been picked up on with a simple urinalysis. Suffered needlessly for 6 years in debilitating pain until I moved to Winnipeg and my Dr discovered what was wrong. Not to mention, the kidney damage was an added bonus to my experience. I've always been told there's nothing wrong with me, only for another Dr to find the real problem and that it's not all in my head.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Went into PDGH emergency after a sports injury with a suspected broken ankle. After painfully twisting my ankle all around, he said I had broken blood vessels and should walk it off. Unable to bear weight well I asked him for crutches and he said "No just walk it off". I went back the next morning for a second opinion from my actual family doctor and found my ankle broken in 3 places. Wonder if Rice's manipulation the night before helped. Will come back another day if he is in the walk-in.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2007

Very concerned and ordered pertinent tests.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2007

Saw Dr. Rice at the walk in, for two very specific problems. Examined me (painfully) for an extented amount of time, then made several statements that TOTALLY contradicted each other...he then said "well, keep an eye on it, if it bothers you, come back". Why would I wait for an hour and a half at the walk in if my problems weren't bothering me? Would never wait to see him again.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2007

I have seen this Doctor many times over the course of several years, he's an outstanding doctor, and very empathetic with patients

flag | Submitted April 20, 2007

My doctor for over 20 years. Delivered my child and looked after her until she was an adult. He will methodically find an answer to your health issues. Very empathic to your needs. Also works emergency medicine which is probably his passion.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2007