Ratings for Dr. John N. Nelson

Dr Nelson truly cares. He takes the time to listen no matter how long it takes. He is forthright and knows his stuff. I am a recent addition to his patient list and very happy to have him.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Nope, nope. He yelled at me and my mom because he thought she was abuising my brothers medicine (we're Native American by the way) that was my first experience with racism. We went to kenora and were treated a lot better.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Not a good experience... The comments he made to my ill family member was far from appropriate... We felt belittled... In our time of need... He didn't offer any comfort... Too bad. He's our family doctor... We had no choice to keep him.... Blaaaa 2 thumbs down

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Holy man..........does this guy talk..........not to me, too everyone but the patients, hes flying around the emergency room like a socia butterfly, and this has happened twice to me, he had me waiting and waiting as he chatted up about eachothers lives, I then got up to leave and he knew I was mad , he then waitted on me. A coworker waited 8 hours in emergency while he chatted it up. Cant even recall what kind of a doctor he was as I was so ticked off back then, this was about 2 years ago.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Dr Nelson treats what you want him to treat... he doesn't look any further; he's easy to talk to, seems interested, may rush to diagnosis (missed my cancer) Generally, a good doctor

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

I have seen Dr. Nelson in ER, he researched what he was not sure about and was very easy to talk to. I enjoy his banter and bedside manner very much.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2008

Doctor John Nelson was my family doctor, and is nothing more than unethical. I know because after he wrote me a supporting letter on the morals & ethics of a doctor, and their obligations. He dropped me as his patient. He is 2 FACED! There were no problems ever mentioned to me in 7 years, and it was six months between my last visit. In my books he is the lowest form of a human we have in Canada. I do hope some day he gets the same done to him. Do not trust this doctor with your life, or anyone you love and care for.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2007

I have found Dr Nelson to be very knowledgable and has great bedside manners. He is a pleasure to have as a family doctor.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2007

i find dr. nelson to be a very efficient and pleasant doctor

flag | Submitted February 14, 2007