Dr. Peter J. Polack

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Peter J. Polack

This doctor at Ocala Eye is fantastic! Always takes the time to make sure you understand procedures, etc. Follows up with a phone call to see how you are doing after surgery. His staff is also friendly and knowledgeable. I highly recommend him and his expertise at making a patient feel at ease. Thank you for restoring my vision.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Yesterday, I had an appoint at the 200 office. I have been a patient at Ocala Eye for over fifteen years and have been very satisfied with his care. However, he no longer takes or has the time to explain the condition of my eye. His excellent staff does most of the testing; I personally saw the Dr. five minutes at best.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Dr. Peter J. Polack

Dr. Peter J. Polack's response
We are very sorry for your less-than-ideal experience. That was a particularly busy day and we were trying to strike a balance between making sure patients were doing well and not keeping them waiting too long, and the staff will often hurry the doctor a bit if the clinic is falling behind. Please accept our apologies.

Submitted October 20, 2017

I could not be more pleased with the procedures to diagnose and subsequently complete the cornea transplant surgical procedure and follow-up process. The doctor and the support team at Ocala Eye have been exceptional to interact with. The medical expertise and patient treatment has consistently demonstrated their commitment to excellent customer service and achieving great outcomes for their patients. Thank you so much for restoring my vision to a level that allows me to more fully enjoy my life.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Patient's update
We are so grateful for the positive feedback! We’ll share your kind words with the team to let them know their work is appreciated. Thank you again for sharing.

Submitted June 23, 2017

The Doctor and his staff are very knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant to work with. He answered all my questions to my satisfaction. After my cataract surgery he called me to ensure that all was well. I would recommend him to my friends and acquaintances.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Patient's update
We’re so pleased to hear that your appointment was a success and that our staff was able to assist you through this experience. We appreciate your time and your kind words.

Submitted May 29, 2017

great results in my cornea surgery, I would recommend him to others. He is very knowledgeable and his staff are always there to help you. THANK YOU JFK

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Patient's update
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're thrilled to hear about the success of your visit with our team!

Submitted May 16, 2017

I am very pleased with my cataract surgery. He is very knowledgeable & his staff from front desk to recovery were very comforting & proficient . I felt safe under their care. He explains each step of the painless procedure he performs. He also personally called to see how I was doing the night of my procedure! I am very pleased & highly recommend him for any eye problems you have. At 65, I have 20/20 vision & very seldom have to wear "reader" glasses!! Thank you for giving my sight back!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Submitted May 15, 2017

I am very happy with the doctor, he is very knowledgeable and proficient in his field. My cataract surgery was extremely successful ending with great vision. The staff handle the office and surgical center with warmth and professionalism. I highly recommend this office and doctor.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Patient's update
We’re so glad to hear about your positive experience with our team. Our goal is to provide the very best patient care available, so it’s always encouraging to hear about positive experiences.

Submitted March 29, 2017

Very pleased with the doctor and his staff. My cataract surgery was simple with their help Thank you

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Patient's update
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re thrilled to hear about the success of your visit!

Submitted February 8, 2017

Great results, professional, will recommend to others

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Patient's update
We’re so glad to hear about your positive experience with our office!

Submitted December 12, 2016

The experience was made very comfortable and reassuring due to the professionalism of the Doctor and staff. They are very skillful and efficient.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

Dr. Peter J. Polack's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Polack is a fellowship trained specialist in refractive surgery, cornea and external diseases. His primary interests are diseases and surgery of the cornea, including sutureless cornea transplants utilizing the DSAEK method, LASIK, Conductive Keratoplasty (CK), and epi-LASIK. Dr. Polack is a LASIK patient himself, having undergone the procedure in May 2000. Utilizing the latest techniques and technologies of Customized Cataract Care, Dr. Polack gives his cataract patients an opportunity to restore youthful vision and gain freedom from glasses and contact lenses. Dr. Polack joined Ocala Eye in August of 1996. He is a graduate of Stetson University and the University of South Florida College of Medicine. After completing an internship at Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, he was awarded the Dyson Foundation Research Fellowship at Cornell University Medical College. Dr. Polack then returned to Florida for a year, studying corneal diseases with his father, Frank M. Polack, M.D., an internationally known cornea specialist. He completed his ophthalmology residency at the New York Eye & Ear Infirmary where he was a Chief Resident. Following his residency, he obtained a cornea and refractive surgery fellowship at the University of South Florida. Dr. Polack is a diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners and is Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American College of Surgeons, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the International Society of Refractive Surgery, and other international cornea societies. Dr. Polack has lectured on corneal diseases and teaches courses on corneal transplant surgery to other ophthalmologists. In addition to publishing several articles, abstracts, and papers, he has coauthored ophthalmology textbooks.

• Spanish
  • English

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)
  • New York Medical College (Grad. 1994)
  • Weill Medical College Cornell University (Grad. 1990)
  • Stetson University (Grad. 1984)
  • University of South Florida (Grad. 1988)

• Cornea transplant