Ratings for Dr. Robert Parnell

Met Dr.Parnell today for the first time. He is not God, none of them are they are Doctors! We were very fortunate that he was very familiar with Aspergers. So getting a referral to the appropriate place was very easy. I personally have met many physicians over the years battling cancer and I have to say he seems like an ok Doctor to me.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Parnell has been my physician for over 20 years now. In my eyes, he is excellent. He takes the time to listen to me and has always been courteous and pleasant. I have had some complex issues and he knows when he should step aside and refer you to a specialist. The nurses are wonderful. The office staff is great, all except one person. The only complaint j have is you can't call and get in right away. He is always booked up 4-6 weeks in advance. Not his fault though.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Dr Parnell has been my family doctor for years and he has been very good to my whole family. He has gone out of his way for us more than once. He is very knowledgable and honest and tells you like it is. Appointments are always on time. Most of his staff is also excellent with one rude exception. I would recommend Dr Parnell any day.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Dr. Parnell was our family doctor for years and it wasn't until we moved we realized how in efficient he really was. he would ask every time I went to see him if I smoked, every time I would answer quit in 1987. One would think after seeing him for 20 years he may catch on?? He was fine for filling our prescriptions but there was little followup. It was very hard to get him to make appointments with specialists. i needed knee surgery once and he said it would be 9 13 months to get an MRI. I went to a clinic in london and was seen immediately and had the operation 13 days later. he was always cordial and pleasant to talk to and great for basic illnesses but it ends there. Follow up procedures or the lack there of were less than desirable. As a person, I liked him as a Doctor definitely not. I believe some of it is probably due to our Medical system as I believe he just has too many patients to look after.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. Parnell is ok for a Doctor.....Nothing to write home about....The one receptionist is RUDE and MISERABLE....Patients pray when they call for an appointment they don't have to deal with her....The rest of the staff are excellent!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Dr. Parnell has been our doctor through literally sickness and health. He is always thorough and professional. He does NOT overmedicate and is always willing to discuss w/ you what options you have. He refers people to appropriate other professionals when needed. I find him approachable and knowledgeable, up-to-date w/ new means of treatment.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

Mother in law admitted to 4 counties hospital. Dr. Parnell came in the next day stating ultrasound was "clear" therefore she could be d/c'd home. If family was not there as patient is deaf she would have smiled and left. The problem was the "ultrasound" had NEVER been completed. Not sure who's chart he was looking at. BIG mistake. She ended up becoming septic as gallbladder burst. Many months in hospital.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

HE IS GOOD WITH MY FAMILY. I DO FIND THAT HE WILL LISTEN TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. IF HE HAS THE TIME.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

Rude is the word for this man. Another choice would be arrogant. If it is your day to visit emerg, rest assured he will treat you with total contempt. With pneumonia, he will give you 2 pills,and then tell you to call your family doctor the next day. His own mother in law does not use him

flag | Submitted September 16, 2008

This doctor often tells his female patients that they have fibromylagia without any diagnosis. He often tells female patients that they should just quit working and stay home if they have a rsi problems or any type of pain related issue. He also often prescribes anti-depressants for most of his female patients. This to me is **** and unfair to his female patients. Not all of us have the luxury of staying home while our husbands work.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2008

First Health Network
Galaxy Health Network
Healthstar
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Novanet
One Health
Peach State Health Plan
Phcs
Southcare
Superior Vision
Unicare
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)
Wausau Benefits