Ratings for Dr. B. Norman Barwin

Dr, Barwin was an excellent gynecologist dedicated to his practice of assisting women (and families) with fertility challenges. It is really too bad that he had to end his long and successful career under these circumstances. 7 years + and people are still asking me for advice related to fertility challenges and when I tell them my story, I cannot refer them to Dr. Barwin no one had taking his place. Unfortunately, most practitioners need to follow a model where their services need to be organized around business or financial considerations where they charge large fees in excess of what they bill OHIP. I understand where they are coming from BUT Dr. Barwin's practice was unique and it was driven by his altruism and concern for the women's right to control their reproduction health.

Submitted February 9, 2016

I have known Norm Barwin for 38 years (WOW!) - first as a patient then as a colleague and finally as a friend. Caring, compassion and respect have always been his hallmark assets. I count myself very lucky to have met this man so many years ago - they say that every dark cloud has a silver lining and Norm was one of the silver linings of my infertility cloud. Marie xo

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

I am so sorry that Dr Barwin is no longer practising. I respect him as he always provided me and my daughters with care and compassion. Best of luck.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr Barwin was an amazing caring doctor and wish things had not happened. I miss him and so will so many of his patients

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I am so sorry to learn that Dr. Barwin is no longer available to his patients. I have been seeing Dr. Barwin for about twenty years now, he has always been a great doctor to have. I think I have been most fortunate to have his care all these years. He will be sorely missed.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Barwin for 10 years and found him to be very helpful and supportive. He was able to interpret the results of tests for me that other doctors had just tossed off as not important

Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr Barwin is a fine gynecologist with a vast experience, knowledge, and a genuine inderstanding of his patients 'needs. He is a first rate professional, dedicated to the well being of all his patients. He is kind, respectful and good listener. He is in all ways the gynecologist to keep througout

Submitted August 14, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Barwin's for over 2 years. Every visit is a pleasure, and while battling infertility that's a tall order. He is so compassionate, so sincere in his want for his patients to grow their families. As his retirement fast approaches (August 2014) I will miss being a patient of his. I am now 14 weeks along pregnant with twins, and I would have loved nothing more than to show him what he has helped create. Great man, even greater legacy.

Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Norman Barwin is, without exception, the most compassionate physician I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He has been my physician for thirty years, facilitating, through his expertise, the birth of my daughter, who he has seen, as his own patient, for five years. Through the decades, Dr. Barwin's kindness has been unflinching. He takes the time necessary to explain, in detail, everything each of his patients must know. I have been blessed to know him not only as a clinician, but as one of the finest human beings I have ever met. As an infertile woman who struggled to conceive, I owe a debt of gratitude to Dr. Barwin. May he always remember how greatly he is cherished and respected.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

A very kind soul, a great doctor who has wealth of knowledge and has compassion for women in need. He gives a new meaning to this profession with his humility and urge to help others. I was his patient and have utmost regard for Dr. Barwin. Can't thank him enough for his support and encouragement during the most difficult time i.e. while struggling with infertility. Dr. Barwin you have no idea how much we are indebted to you. Thank you.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013