Ratings for Dr. Edward Laver

My family (4) have been patients of Dr Lavers' for 22 years. The past year has seen a considerable erosion of his past service delivery, attention to details on fillings (aka new food traps) and crowns. I agree with the comments on erroneous billing and lack of front office customer service with basic math expertise. I have tried to sort out incorrect billing issues with the receptionist over the past year and finally gave up. I paid the additional charges after my "final notice" and will be taking my dental business elsewhere. I do not understand how Ted can run his practice without a proper, accurate billing system. Bye bye Dr. Laver.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I am no longer a patient of Dr. Laver's and will never return. He and his single staff (who works both as the hygenist and the only admin) rush through appointments, double bill (both you and your insurer), do not return phone calls and do not follow up after even invasive procedures. There is absolutely nothing good I can say about their service or work quality. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

For a few years, I thought Dr. Laver was super efficient, as my appointments had me in and out within 10 minutes the majority of the time. What I've quickly learned is that Dr. Laver rushes through his patients and is quick to clean and send you along your way and collect the biannual insurance claims. I have discontinued my services with him after receiving invoices regularly for a cleaning appointment which was billed to my insurer. For the past year, I have received an invoice in the mail requesting I pay my outstanding bill immediately. I called back on four occasions, left a voicemail and did not receive any call backs. A big issue at this office is the lack of customer service due to understaffing and obvious cost cutting. The hygienist is also the admin, however you can't actually talk to anyone at the office to book appointments or make inquiries. If you want to play phone tag to get appointments or have any questions, this is your clinic. I see how stressed the admin/hygienist is and that is reflected in the overall way in which she interacts with patients (if at all). I will gladly take my business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Horrible. Worst dentist I have ever seen. He prescribed medication without seeing me in person and without consulting with me about other medications I am on. His negligence put me in the hospital with a systemic blood infection. He is insane. I will be reporting him and hopefully he will lose his license.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Dr Laver has been my dentist since he opened his practice. His level of service is above and beyond. He has performed emergency dental procedures for me on more than a few occasions, and recently cut his holiday short to return and fit me in on a long weekend. His practice is very busy perhaps because he is a popular dentist. How may dentists will fit you in at 7:00 in the morning, or see you on a weekend? I highly recommend Dr Laver.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Seemed a bit rushed and doesn't give a detailed summary regarding teeth at risk of decay. I will try elsewhere next time.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I typically hate going to the dentist but I have to admit I actually enjoy going to see Dr Laver. He is wonderful and I highly recommend him and his staff. Brody the Canine Companion is awesome too.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Copy and past latest rating. Great dentist , front desk is overwhelmed and can be quite snippy. Also was overcharged after getting a different quote . Also seems to squish together too many appointments and feels quite rushed .

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Dr. Laver is a wonderful dentist, very kind, but unfortunately their dental office seems to be understaffed. The person at the front desk seems very stressed. Watch your bills! They tend to charge you when you should not be charged, no matter how many times you tell them you have insurance and give them the necessary paper work. Very frustrating :(

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Super friendly, super cheerful, always quick and easy process. He's a terrific dentist and his staff are always great!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014