Ratings for Dr. Edward Laver

Doctor Laver gave me two fillings that were done incorrectly, both went to root canals, and one was recently extracted. The second one had to be crowned, and my new dentist showed me that the entire root canal had decayed and was black. There were cavities through the entire root canal. I had surgery on one of the teeth, and now will have to have 2 implants. He will cost me around $20,000 for those two teeth alone. I am going to seek legal help and try to get reimbursed for it! The first question my new dentist asked when I went for an appointment was "Is your old dentist still practicing??". I will definitely never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

He was my childhood dentist. I went elsewhere as an adult, then did not have a dentist for a long time. I decided to go back to him, but I had to go in over and over and over to “fix” each filling he did. He also recommend root canals, which I was not ready to do. I thought that this couldn’t be the kind of experience that is considered normal, and got a friend’s recommendation on her dentist. WOW what a difference. I’ve been at the new dentist for a couple of years now, and NOT ONCE has he mentioned that I would need a root canal. He re-did everything that Dr Laver had done, and my teeth are how they should be. I now recommend everyone I know to my new dentist. I agree with other reviewers that thought Dr Laver is a nice dentist and he uses the needle well for the anaesthetic, he is a bad dentist. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Like many other patients of Dr. Laver that have left their experiences here, I too found a shocking similarity in their stories. I too was a patient of his for over 25 years. He's a friendly guy and pleasant to deal with, but it wasn't until I went to another dentist did I realize how horrible he is at actually being a dentist. In retrospect it should have been a red flag when he would get my entire family in and out in under 20 minutes. Despite me repeatedly asking him to ensure I knew in advance if anything would not be 100% covered by my insurance , he continued to do work that was not covered resulting in unexpected bills. This is why I left. But that would turn out to be a minor problem compared to what happened next. When I went to another dentist he asked when I last saw a dentist and I told him every 6 months. 12 of my teeth were worn to the dentin! I asked if this could have happened in the last 6 months and he assured me it would have taken years for this to happen. So Dr. Laver just ignored them, a quick in and out, and bill to my insurance. This may explain why a new hygienist seemed to be there every time we went. I can only imagine she saw what was going on and refused to participate. Very nice guy, but a very, very bad dentist. Avoid at all costs!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

No one give a needle better. I opened my mouth and the next thing the tooth is a sleep. He makes going to the dentist something NOT to fear. Great staff two legs and four legs ( Bodie)

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

I’ve been back to see Dr Laver twice regarding the same tooth, which is still bothering me as much as it was before he did any work on it. I will give his office one more chance to rectify the issue before taking my business elsewhere and reporting his practice.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

I was a patient of Dr Laver’s for several years. He always rushed through my appointments. I broke 5 teeth after he had done work on them because of his substandard work. I had a root canal & crown done by him and it lasted all of 2 weeks before breaking down to the gum. Subsequently I had to have a surgical extraction under general anesthesia. I had tooth pain when he was on vacation and went to another dentist. I was shocked to find out that I needed 2 root canals, an extraction & over 20 cavities. It has cost me nearly $17000 to get fixed. Buyer beware - this man is dangerous and absolutely cares about money more than the patient. Now that I go to a different dentist I see what a qualified dentist is like - I have not had any problems with my new dentist. Thank god he was out of town so I found out what was really going on in my mouth. I had no idea how bad it was. Also, his admin/assistant is very rude and clearly has no interpersonal skills.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Dr. Laver was always busy, but provided adequate care for my mother. His staff person is rude and if you tried to call to change appointments or have any questions regarding billing you Always had to leave a message, and often it was 2-3 days before you received a reply. I wouldn't recommend his practice, as it is poorly operated.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

My family (4) have been patients of Dr Lavers' for 22 years. The past year has seen a considerable erosion of his past service delivery, attention to details on fillings (aka new food traps) and crowns. I agree with the comments on erroneous billing and lack of front office customer service with basic math expertise. I have tried to sort out incorrect billing issues with the receptionist over the past year and finally gave up. I paid the additional charges after my "final notice" and will be taking my dental business elsewhere. I do not understand how Ted can run his practice without a proper, accurate billing system. Bye bye Dr. Laver.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I am no longer a patient of Dr. Laver's and will never return. He and his single staff (who works both as the hygenist and the only admin) rush through appointments, double bill (both you and your insurer), do not return phone calls and do not follow up after even invasive procedures. There is absolutely nothing good I can say about their service or work quality. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

For a few years, I thought Dr. Laver was super efficient, as my appointments had me in and out within 10 minutes the majority of the time. What I've quickly learned is that Dr. Laver rushes through his patients and is quick to clean and send you along your way and collect the biannual insurance claims. I have discontinued my services with him after receiving invoices regularly for a cleaning appointment which was billed to my insurer. For the past year, I have received an invoice in the mail requesting I pay my outstanding bill immediately. I called back on four occasions, left a voicemail and did not receive any call backs. A big issue at this office is the lack of customer service due to understaffing and obvious cost cutting. The hygienist is also the admin, however you can't actually talk to anyone at the office to book appointments or make inquiries. If you want to play phone tag to get appointments or have any questions, this is your clinic. I see how stressed the admin/hygienist is and that is reflected in the overall way in which she interacts with patients (if at all). I will gladly take my business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017