Ratings for Dr. Kristine K. Charles

I had a follow-up appointment with a nurse practitioner after my hysterectomy because my doctor had moved. My incision had become infected and Dr. Charles performed a very painful procedure in the office without discussing it with me first and without local anesthesia. I ended up researching the wound clinic on my own and followed up with them, and they were horrified at what she did. She also asked me on a later phone call about my baby. She might be fine if you're having a baby, but for my surgery follow-up she was just plain awful. I'm still having nightmares about that appointment.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Although Dr Charles was not my OB/GYN, I did get a chance to meet and talk with her during an appointment before our baby was born. She was on call when labor began and was extremely competent. Labor/delivery was wonderful, and I attribute alot of that to her calm presence. She helped to provide a very chilled out atmosphere. Out of our 8 children's births and many different doctors, I rate her as one of my favorite OB/GYNs, and the delivery of this particular child has been the one that we look back on as "our easiest labor/delivery".

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

Dr. Charles is very curt with her answers and didn't make me feel comfortable to ask questions or discuss anything with her. I don't know if she's competent or not because my appointments have been very brief and rather unimportant but I don't like her style at all.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

Dr Charles wasn't my main OB, but she was on call when I went to the hospital. She diagnosed me with preeclampsia and also found out the baby was breech, after my regular OB failed to diagnose either. She then rushed me into surgery to have an emergency C-section to get the baby out. I was 39 weeks along, and on the brink of seizing. I am truly grateful she was on call that night. She saved my life.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

Was recommended to me, but didn't seem all that friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

I feel like she knows what she's doing alright, but she seems to be consistently short, and the waits for appointments are always long. That's probably not her fault b/c I'm sure she doesn't do the scheduling. She doesn't make me feel as free to ask questions as other doctors do. I've heard from a few people that even though she isn't the most friendly doctor for visits that she's really good in the delivery room.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

Very friendly and helpful DR.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007

Dr. Kristine K. Charles's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Port Matilda, PA