Ratings for Dr. Theodore J. Hovick

Although I'm sure Dr. Hovick is knowledgeable, my husband and I were both struck by his speedy mumbling and the feeling that he had somewhere more important to be , like a lunch or golf game. These appointments are always quick, but this took it to a new level. He did ask if we had any questions and then dismissed them without much explanation. We will not close to see him again. -Pregnant fall 2015

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I saw him once and didn't really like him or dislike him. He is the typical doctor who does not make you feel like he has the time for you. He was nice, friendly, and listened, but very short. All of my questions were vaguely answered, with no real conclusion. I had no problems specifically, but I just didnt really care for him.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Hovick has a wonderful bedside manner. He isn't the most compassionate hand holding Dr., but he knows how to keep a conversation going. He wants all of the facts before suggesting the best treatment possible. Dr. Hovick is also very knowledgable. I highly recommend Dr. Hovick.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I'm 19 and went to this doctor for my first examination. WHAT A MISTAKE! This arrogant and condescending man had no sympathy for this being my first time, nor did he do anything to calm my nerves or explain to me what he was doing. I was literally told to suck it up, pull myself together and that I had to be tougher than what I was acting like. While he seems very educated in his field I would NEVER, EVER recommend this man to a young female going for the first time. Staff was great but I will NOT be returning to his office.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I like that a doctor is straight forward. I want clear answers and I would not consider myself a sensitive person. I like to hear it how it is. He is no problem being this guy. I am going through my first pregnancy and I hate that when I see this guy it feels like I am on an assembly line. Being pregnant is hard enough already. The least he could do is be a little more friendly. I also feel that some of the information he told me made no sense and I think if he was a better listener he could give more educated answers. I hope that I don't have him delivering my baby.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Dr. Hovick is a fabulous Doctor and I would certainly recommend him to others. He is very caring and sympathetic to one’s needs. He is very knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions one may have. He performed a surgical procedure on me and it was very successful. Excellent Doctor!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

Dr. Hovick is awful. He pushed for aggressive treatment, and when I went back complaining about complications, he actually asked me "Do you get off on this?" I felt demeaned and harassed.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

flag | Submitted January 13, 2013

Dr. Hovick is by far one of the rudest doctors I have ever encountered... doesn't want to listen to what the patient wants and doesn't really care about his patients...

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

Dr. Hovick is a very straight forward type of doctor. He wants to know all the facts and what is really going on. He was more than willing to help me out in anyway he could. He was very knowledgable and explained to me the reason why he suggested certain treatments instead of others. I feel some women want "hand-holding" and lots of time and attention when really they need to reach a solution instead of always talking and whining about the problem. He is charismatic and a absolutely wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

Dr. Theodore J. Hovick's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Banner Health