Ratings for Dr. Remo Bottega

I was with adr B for almost 18 yrs. For 15 of those years he was great however over the past few years he became a horrible Dr - doesn’t understand mental issues yet blames things on those issues so doesn’t take pain issues seriously, he is overwhelmed & dropping the ball on referrals. I don’t think he has the passion for helping people that he once had & as a result he has become a shadow of the great Dr he used to be. If you are considering becoming a patient - just move on - you won’t get the quality of care you deserve (& it’s a shame because he was a great Dr at 1 point)

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Ive never Met Dr.Bottega but know him to be caring and compassionate from friends who are patients..A.A

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

Dr. B is absolutely a fabulous doctor. He is extremely thorough. Hence, the wait can be longer then expected. He takes time with his patients and gives them the best care.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

I used to think he was terrific - kind, patient and knowledgeable. However, in the past couple of years he seems disinterested, unsympathetic and distracted. The office is closed frequently because he likes to keep his hand in as a surgeon and meanwhile patients are waiting weeks for an appointment. He requested me to come in urgently to review test results only there were no appointments available and my "urgent" appointment ended up more than 3 weeks away. He refuses to give me pain medication even though I have been in constant unbearable pain for months. He also treats his staff appallingly. The staff member who used to take blood left and was not replaced, meaning a trip to Hagersville hospital for every blood test and the one remaining secretary is overworked and frequently seems at her breaking point. Either you're committed to being a GP or your not, and lately I think he's the latter.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Excellent Doctor. Spends time to go over your issues and if there are any concerns he will set up a specialist appointment.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Have never had an issue with Dr B. Due to his diligence and careing he caught and referred me to a surgeon, who then caught the beginning of breast cancer. And I am happy to say that was 15 years ago and I am still going strong. Myself, my husband and two teenage children think the world of him. Thanks Dr B.!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

WE cant say enough about Our DR.BOTTEGA, we are so happy & pleased with him he is always there to listen without giving you the bums rush.He is like DRS are sup-post to be,interested&concerned about their patents.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I am not sure who you all saw. 3 years ago I had to change doctors. I had finally had enough of his mis-diagnosis. It was due to his errors that caused me to get a blood clot from a knee break...it was also b/c of his lack of referrals that caused me to not be allowed surgery. I had seen him for 10 years and he had always made me feel uncomfortable when I was younger...I felt like hed judged me, looked down at me and was generally just creeped out. Thank god for the new dr in town who took me in and actually pays attention to me....oh yeah i almost forgot i am now on LTD and when I tried with Dr. B who would not approve it...ridiculous considering what i have to cope with everyday!!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Dr B is my childrens family Dr. He is never rushed. always on time. always willing to talk about more that one thing at a time. Very knowledgeable. I did not change Doctors at the same time as I changed my children and now regret this. I want him to be my family Dr as well,but he is no longer taking on new pt. I would go to this Dr in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

We are so fortunate to have Dr Bottega - We travel from Hamilton to see him - Why? Because he gives a hoot - He does not push pills at a problem -He takes the time to listen (which is why he is never on time but you can't complain cuz he will not rush you) - Yes you need seperate appt's for each issue because he strives to stay close to the timetable - the girls are great - basically we are incredibly fortunate to have a Dr who cares. I have read the reviews that "trash" him & my only response is that you cannot please everybody all the time & keep in mind that he is not God - He cannot foresee the medical future - He does not have a crystal ball - He can only do his best - which is far superior to the rest of the medical services out there. If you have the opportunity to be his client - take it - you will do no better. If you are his client - be thankful & appreciative of his time & mind. Signed a client that does appreciate the great care!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010