Ratings for Dr. Melanie M. Cherry

I have been a patient of Dr. Cherry for approximately 11 years. Love her. She is extremely intelligent and a kind human being . Would recommend her without any hesitation (and I am a picky person when it comes to my health)

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I only saw Dr. Cherry once while I was pregnant. She seemed very knowledgeable and kind. I did not have any issues with her, although, she is in high demand, so its hard to get appts with her

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

There are only three problems with Dr. Cherry and both are non-starters - results of her character and quality: one waits before the appointment, it's hard to get in if you have a problem (even routine physicals need to be scheduled six months in advance (the earliest they schedule) and she hasn't been taking new patients in aeons. All, though, are because of her hyper-acute caring, sensitivity, and willingness to listen to her patients until they are done - until all issues are explored. How can she stick to a time-table, then? But all her patients know their wait is because she's giving someone else what they need - same as we get. Too bad there aren't more of her, as there is simply no way to get it. I was just lucky thirty years ago, when she was just starting out and was already in high demand. Awesome doctor in the old-fashioned sense that just doesn't exist any more outside of a "concierge" practice.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

She is super knowledgable and easy to talk to. I trust her inherently. She made my trips to the OBGYN (in preparation for child birth) much less stressful!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Dr. Cherry delivered our daughter. I was a high risk pregnancy, and she was amazing! I am so thankful to have had such an amazing physician. I would highly recommend her without reservation.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

The first time I met Dr. Cherry was when I had to have a frightening amnio. The amnio was terrible, but Dr. Cherry was wonderful throughout it, and even fanned me when I started to pass out from being on my back. I met her again when I had a very long and hard labor, after an ill advised induction recommended by a different doctor.. After about 29 hours of labor and problems with my baby's heart rate, Dr. Cherry came in as the new on call doctor and told me I had a choice what I wanted. She really listened to me and helped me through a rough time. We decided together that I would have a c section because of complications from GD and other issues, and because I was not progressing and my body would no longer tolerate the induction medication. I now see her exclusively and if I ever have another child I will be going to her and having a schedule c section.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

I've gone to Dr. Cherry for about 15 years and just LOVE her. She listens, she cares, and she is knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

I've only met her once but loved her! She's so patient, friendly, and genuine... can't help but appreciate her.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2010

She is the best OBGYN Doctor. On time, never rush, answers all questions. Would recommend to others. I expecting my 4 child and hoping and praying, that she will be my doctor who will be deliver my baby girl! THANK YOU! Dr. Cherry, you are fantastic doctors who shows a good examples and great attitude to your patients and (other OBGYN Doctors :-) ).

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

Works part-time and is difficult to get in to see, BUT A FANTASTIC DOCTOR!!! Excellent surgeon, good with my young daughter and my geriatric mother. Understands how psychological issues impact health.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2008

Dr. Melanie M. Cherry's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in State College, PA