Ratings for Dr. William T Baker

Great doctor. Honest with his patients. Staff is very responsive to questions and billing is always simple.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

The person who answers phone is very very rude. Very unprofessional!!! Dr. Baker is the best doctor very professional explains everything in detail and takes his time doing.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Dr. Baker is the most a considerate, kind doctor I have ever been to. He is also very accessible - I can get hold of him in an emergency. He is knowledgeable and takes time to explain what I want to know.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

The receptionist, Martha, is nasty, unfriendly, uncompassionate, rude, will not explain, hangs up on you, precludes you for talking with other office personnel, will not answer questions if her answer does not satisfy, pushy, just an awful person. You dread having her answer the phone. There is no way to speak to the doctor through her. There is suspect any messages, even written letters are passed by her. She assumes and acts as if she never makes a mistake and knows everything, including what the doctor should have done or said. I would seriously consider applying for another doctor to avoid having to interface with this awful person. She should be in some other line of work where she does not have to deal with people. Unfortunately she casts an awful impression on Dr. Baker whom is a fine doctor with a good reputation and is well respected. A very nice man. The other staff seems to not care how the patients are treated by Martha. They do not tend to patients or offer to help.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

Dr. Baker is a extremly rude and condescending physician who is inconsiderate to the elderly and their family. My sister has multiple medical problems and has lost 50 lbs. She requires assisted living and we had questions regarding her weight loss and worry about cancer. We drove a 1000 miles to see her and Dr Baker and he refused to talk to us, even when we offered to pay him cash for the visit. He was also very condescending to my wife and I and were considering contacting the insurance company and the Board of Family Practice regarding his lack of ethics

flag | Submitted May 1, 2010

Dr. Baker is a very kind and considerate doctor. My vitals are taken every time I see him and he takes all the time with me that I need to answer all my questions.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Person who answers the phone has no knowledge of medical protocol, is totally discompassionate and acts rather like a drill sargeant. Makes decisions for the doctor that shouldnt be made by a receptionist.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Currently, Dr. Baker is scaring my mother to death and has been very rude and scolded her as if she were a child when she questioned him about something she didn't understand. She is elderly (NOT senile) but requires more attention that he's able to provide, usually spending 5 minutes at most with her. Of course, if there's a visiting physician making rounds with him, then he is kind and considerate to her without fail. Another problem with medical care at his office is they don't take vitals on a regular basis! If you're an elderly patient, our adivce to you is just do what he says without question ... Better yet, find another doctor who will listen to your needs while providing the respect you deserve. We've been trying to do just that, but unfortunately, there are not many physicians in Las Cruces who will accept new patients who must reply on Medicare. Perhaps it's time to move out of Las Cruces too!!! !-(

flag | Submitted February 14, 2007

Dr. William T Baker's Credentials

• Kansas City College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1979)