Ratings for Dr. Cadi Marie Reece

Excellent Doctor. You can tell she cares tremendously for her patients. I wish we had more GPs like this in the GTA. The front line office secretaries at Summerville leave a lot to be desired however.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

As a senior I appreciate Dr. Reece's understanding of the kinds of health challenges seniors face.Excellent and consistent followup. Dr. Reece has been my overall advocate and has contributed positively to the quality of my life for a number of years.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I'm a specialist nurse so when I leave reviews for doctors I tend to be more forgiving because I understand a lot of things are dictated by the ministry of health and may be beyond the doctor's control. However, I'm extremely disappointed with Dr. Reece. My son has had various health issues since birth and overall I've had a very poor experience with Dr. Reece. Pros: - extremely punctual - good bedside manner; listens to your concerns appears empathic - knowledgeable; quickly and correctly diagnosed my son - willing to take on my whole family under her care Cons: - extremely conservative with treatment. Refused to give my son a prescription, preferring to see if the issue went away on its own. It was a very treatable condition with the treatment having minimal adverse effects so I was surprised she chose not to treat it. This resulted in his condition getting progressively worse, eventually requiring a visit to emergency in the middle of the night. Very upsetting when it all could have been avoided. - does not follow up. I've had to call her to ask her to follow up on urgent results. She was also supposed to urgently refer my son to a specialist and the referral got lost twice. I had to call her to see why I didn't have an appointment. She was very apologetic but as a doctor it's her responsibility to follow up on things. She has also forgotten to fax over prescriptions to my pharmacy which is very annoying. I realize this is more likely to be a fault on her receptionist's part though, so take this last bit about lost referrals/ prescriptions with a pinch of salt. Conclusion: knowledgeable physician with good bedside manner. However these things count for very little if you're not able to properly follow up with appropriate treatment.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

When Dr Reece was in St. Catharines I found her to be a very caring doctor who got to the bottom of a problem. We had a bumpy beginning but I would say she was the best doctor I ever had. Was sorry to see her go.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Worst doctor i have ever met. Very little knowledge and really just a lack of attention. Very judgemental staff at the front is more a soap opera if anything. Horrible service and a worse doctor. Would reccomend a med student before Dr.reece your going to get the same treatment with the same knowledge level. Also worst doc hours ive seen in a while. Triple thumbs down 0 in every category.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Dr. Reece is wonderful. She has a great demeanour and is very caring with her patients. I have been her patient for a few years now and each time I go in with an ailment, she is quick to respond accordingly. In fact, on one occasion, she was not happy with the report given to her by the lab staff, and made it a point to call me back in, explain the issue and as a precautionary measure, asked me to take the test again for her own and my own peace of mind. She wanted to be as thorough as possible, even though it took additional time out of her day. If that doesn't say "caring and compassionate" I don't know what does. She is amazing. Also very personable,

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

I agree with several of the responders on this site. Beware of Dr. Reece. I have a lump on the back of my right neck and after several complaints, she did nothing to take care of it. At times, it swelled so much, it hurt. Dr. Reece brushed it aside as nothing. I also suffered trauma from a car accident and again she brushed off the bruises on my right arm as nothing. She failed to take into consideration that I am bi-racial and as such my heritage is genetically mixed. I am half-Asian and have a thick Asian build with a history of obesity on my Asian and European side of the family. She fails to note that being "mixed" DOES impact your overall genetic health and history of disease. She cannot make rash assumptions that all shades of brown skin are "black". Indians, Hispanics and even some people of the Middle East range in tan to light-brown in colour and should be treated accordingly. Getting over a cold did not give her the right to give me an asthma inhaler. She doesn't seem to care

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Be very careful with this doctor. She prescribed an antibiotic which affected my tendon. Di8d not pay attention to my repeated complaints so I went for 6 months without a correct diagnosis. Left with badly scarred leg and foot that swells when I am on it. If this matter had been treated promptly and correctly, would not have these problems.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

She has been great with us. Took on my husband and daughter after she took over for my previous doctor who returned to school

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Reece now for a few years. She is very knowledgable and friendly. I feel very comfortable with her and really do belive that I am lucky to have her as my family doc.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2009