Ratings for Dr. John Hughes

We were truly blessed when we found him. Having left a Doctor of 36 yrs in Vancouver !!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

I find Dr. Hughes to be one of the best doctor I had ever met, he's sincere , quiet and a straight shooter, the guy knows his stuff and he tells it like it is. If you're looking for someone to sugar coat stuff then don't even think about going to him cause he will let you know what's going on. I have had this guy for close to a year now and I find he is caring towards his own patients. When I was in the hospital this past weekend he was the first guy I saw when I woke up , the guy sincerely cares about his patients, and that is what makes him the best dam doctor this side of the Okanagan.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Although I find some of the staff of Dr. Hughes office to be almost rude, I think it may be more a product of age rather than actual behaviour. Dr. Hughes himself, I find to be very compassionate and wholistic with his care taking into consideration, social, emotional and mental needs. I like that he knows my family and asks about them every visit. I also appreciate that he does not simply prescribe a pill because I have a complaint. He will often share, a simpler more common sense remedy. I think that Dr. Hughes is more than willing to help those who demonstrate that they will help themselves. I have had success in having him order blood tests that I have known other doctors to refuse, because I was able to provide evidence in how that may benefit me and my condition. He doesn't give up on your abilities to live a healthier life before you do. Most people with a heart, know that petting a friendly dog makes you feel better. :)

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

The ambience is outdated, as if we stepped into the 17th century. The smell in the waiting room is rancid. Dr. Hughes is misanthrope, aloof, and apathetic.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

Excellent, prompt, efficient and very caring. We are new to the area and are really glad we found Dr. Hughes. I have had some serious unexpected health issues and he has been there for us all the way! He even makes his rounds at the hospital!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Seems to be quite moody. Does not appreciate any input by patient in regard to self-diagnosis.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Hughes is difficult to figure out....after reading all your comment above it sounds like the office i have been going to lol....hes ok to me each time, but very rude to my mother and aunt....they are two good nice women...my mother doesn't have a mean bone in her body unless she is constantly being disrespected...it takes a lot and she will still bit her tongue...Dr. Hughes seems tired....we cant expect him to explain his problems and whats causing his apathy....but it isnt right to put people through all this while he decides when he will retire....its time for change and there are plenty of new doctors that would be happy to fill his spot in our little big town in Penticton B.C :P

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Very apathetic, very quick-in-quick-out. Refuses to give full physical to women -- annual physical is pap test only, no blood pressure check, no breast exam, no palpating ovaries. When I shared my symptoms of headaches, periods off-kilter, night sweats, at 42 years old only, he casually said 'oh, you're peri-menopausal' (no indication of sending me for the blood test to find out). I asked for a referral to a gynecologist, he refused. I told him as he only ever did one part of the full physical,and my symptoms, I wanted to see a specialist. It must have been this mild 'criticism' that prompted him to say "I think you should find another doctor." "What?" I said, surprised. "Yes, I think you should find another doctor." He refused me service in a town with no other doctors accepting new patients because I called him on not being complete in his physicals.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2010

I've seen this doctor many times and each time i find that he is apathetic.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010