Ratings for Dr. Joanne Hope

Awful doctor . I went to Dr hope to get my ear plunged for wax and she checked me and said my ear was completely clean but had a boil and needed meds which cost me 55 dollars because I don't have coverage being I'm self employed . It was still bothering me 2 days later and this is usually something I have done yearly at this clinic by the doctor who used to be there. I went to my family doctor today may 31 2017 and he had to plunge my ear 3 times to get all the wax out and he showed it to me also I dont even have a boil so I had to pay for medication i didn't even need because either she's blind or to lazy to take the time to plunge my ear . I feel that she should go back into retirement . Sorry but I feel hurt and neglected . You go the doctors who you think are knowledgeable for help and then they do something like this .

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

This wench is the worst doctor that I have ever seen. 27 years ago she ordered me to have an abortion while I was 5.5 months pregnant. THIS WAS ENTIRELY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. I left immediately and never looked back. No thanks to her, my beautiful daughter is now 27, happy and healthy, and a clinical psychologist. SEE WHAT THIS INCOMPETENT AND DANGEROUS DOCTOR COULD HAVE MADE THE WORLD MISS OUT ON?? Thank God this woman is no longer practicing and putting people in danger.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

I just left her and moved on to another doctor. She misdiagnosed me and underrated me. I was told I had a bladder infection when (I saw my results finally) I did not have one. Then I got antibiotics (which she had called in by her receptionist-not a nurse) which was not appropriate as my culture was negative. Then when I still had symptoms, she repeated a treatment. When I asked to go to a Urologist, she took forever to write the letter, so I finally went to ER where they freaked out at all the blood in my urine. No infection, but going for cystoscopy next week as they see a tumor in my bladder. She should have just taken time to assess and investigate me better. But listening and touching her patients are so not in her scope of practice!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

She did not ask me more than two questions when I presented with a really painful abdomen, never examined me and ordered an ultrasound which was normal. When I finally saw another doc, I was sent for urgent tests and I had a very serious illness which had become complicated as she did not do her job right. She also told me my blood pressure was normal whenever I would see her in the past, but it would always be high at other offices, and I finally realized she was not taking it properly. Avoid.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I appreciate her knowledge and expertise.. instead of just prescribing something she found other ways to help with the issues I had. She is the best doctor I have ever seen and hope to continue seeing her till she retires :)

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Assumes evedrthing, never tests or listens to your problems. I had to find my own specialist when I had HAD Epilepsy, only used her for the referral. After the specialist performed surgery and cured my affliction, Dr. Hope declared how "great it was she fixed my problem..." Gee really how great she fixed my problem??! Only go to her if you have a baby, then best attention you can find...

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Unfortunately Dr Hope assumes so many things, like she knows what my illness is purely from a history (2-3 questions) and no examination. She has referred me to specialists who were baffled as to what to do with me because she did not try basic treatments first. This is frustrating and a burden on our system. She is charming and direct, however, and a great visit, but don't have a real problem or you are in for a bunch of referrals and you WILL be pawned off.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Hope is an amazing doctor who always takes time to listen to her patients. She does not over precribe medications and is always willing to get to the root of the problem and address that instead of just symptoms! Love her!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

I went to her with a problem and she really helped me get things on track. She worked into her lunch with a longer than normal appointment for me and her and her office worked to organize and appointment and referral for me to get the specialist I needed to see. She brought a greater understanding to the problem I was dealing with, which was more than helpful.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

I would not trade doctors for anything. She has looked after myself and my family for many years, I don't know what we will do when she retires. I know it is harder to get in to see her now a days, but I know she is busy trying the make the Niagara Health System a better place. Her girls are very helpful, kind and polite. They have been able to get me in on a cancellation appointment when we truly needed in to see Dr. Hope. In the mean time my family is not above using the clinic's or Emerg when we cannot get in, I'am truly grateful just to have a wonderful family doctor in Dr. Hope. She has been there many years helping and supporting my family, now it is my turn to help and support her. Waiting patiently until you are back full time with us Dr. Hope.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010