Ratings for Dr. B.R. Neu, Head of the Dept. of Plastic Surgery

Brenda and Hilary were beyond amazing with answering all my questions and Dr. Neu...well, I cannot say enough good things about him! He was patient and kind with me, answered all my questions and made me feel beyond comfortable to go ahead with a breast reduction. 3 months ago I had surgery. Day of surgery I have to admit I was a tad terrified, but Dr. Neu took his time in reassuring me and again answering all my questions. As to the reduction itself, surgery went wonderfully-all NYGH staff were awesome and the hospital facility itself super clean! To say that I am beyond happy with the reduction would be an understatement! Scarring is minimal, recovery was quick...and I am eternally grateful to Dr. Neu and his staff! Thank you a million times...thank you!! I am so happy with everything! -Effie L.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Approximately a month ago todayI had a breast reduction which I was super nervous about doing! I had planned to do this surgery for several years due to the extreme back,neck and head pain that I would get from the weight. However, I struggled to follow through with my surgery due to the amount of anxiety I had and the nervousness to be put under anaesthetics, as I've never had surgery. After speaking with Brenda, and hearing all about her personal experience with surgery, she had convinced me that this will be the best thing ever, and that Dr.Neu is a fabulous doctor and all the nurses are so loving and helpful. This she was correct about! As scared as I was until the second I was going under operation, the moment I woke up, the doctor and nurses were there to make sure i was okay and took such great care of me. I was surprised as there was not much pain through out the healing process, and I was up and walking the night of! I have no regrets about this breast reduction and wish I had done it so much earlier!!! I am so so thankful for Dr.Neu and his staff!! :)

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Although I rated Dr Neu on the high side I have some serious concerns about how he approached me on my check up with right after the operation. His staff are great but he was definitely inappropriate. To add insult to injury one of my breasts is a cup size larger than the other post operation. Dr Neu was absolutely unable to acknowledge the difference. #Metoo.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I have only wonderful things to say about my experience with Dr. Neu (as well as Brenda, and the rest of his staff). The procedure I had done was rhinoplasty/septoplasty, both for aesthetic purposes and to fix my deviated septum, and he went above and beyond my expectations right from the beginning. To start, Dr. Neu always had a calming, reassuring presence; he is both talented, wise, and evidently has mastered his craft with years of experience - he was always punctual and professional, always answered all my questions, and more importantly he was realistic - I don't think you could find a more genuine and kind person. I must note how great he was with me especially the day of the surgery as I am someone who has an anxiety disorder, I knew I was in safe hands. It went so smoothly, and he checked up on me afterwards which was also very comforting for me. The healing process was a breeze, I didn't even need to use the pain meds; the moment I got my cast off I was already ecstatic about my new nose even with the inevitable swelling. You can tell how detail oriented he is, as he really took his time to perfect every aspect of my nose. Its over a year later, and the results are better than I thought possible; beautiful natural shape that demonstrates how much of an artist he really is as it is the exact shape I was going for yet it works with my facial features. Additionally, the septum is now perfectly straight and I can breathe normally now. This entire process was made so easy thanks to Dr. Neu and of course Brenda, who was attentive, sensitive, and knowledgeable; even over a year later when I wanted a check-up for my nose's progress, she made sure to give me an appointment as soon as possible. Overall, they really care about their patients and I will always rave about how positive of an experience this has been for me.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr Neu, Brenda and Hilary were fabulous. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Dr. Neu is truly a master at his craft. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I recently had a breast reduction with Dr. Neu. I was very nervous to go ahead with the procedure as I have some friends who went to other doctors and have sub-par results. However, the minute I walked into Dr. Neu's office, Hilary and Brenda were so kind and caring. They were extremely accommodating with appointment times and were always willing to answer question via telephone. As for Dr. Neu, he is brilliant!! He explained everything and told me exactly what I was to expect regarding results. On surgery day I was extremely nervous as I had never been under anesthetic. Dr. Neu's caring nature really helped me relax and he talked me through it all. Recovery was a dream!!! Barely any pain and I was on my feet the next day, relatively back to normal. Its been a month and a half now and the results are incredible. Dr. Neu is so meticulous and really does produce perfect results. He has seen me 3 times post surgery to make sure everything was healing well. My GP told me that this is the BEST breast reduction she has ever seen and will now refer all patients to Dr. Neu. Couldn't recommend him more!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I was definitely nervous for my first appointment with Dr. Neu since I never had surgery before but Brenda and Hilary were absolutely lovely and helpful. I heard a lot of about Dr. Neu from my mom's friend and even later from some of the North York Gen and they all said that if you want a doctor to do your breast reduction then he is the best choice. Let's just say they were all right. He made me feel like I was in good hands and was very knowledgeable and realistic about what to expect. I had my reduction surgery 4 months ago and it took me about 3-4 weeks to fully recover with no complications and minimal pain. I am very happy with the results! In addition the staff at North York General were great. Everything from pre to post surgery went by smoothly and it is definitely due to the Dr. and his amazing staff. With that I want to once again thank Dr. Neu and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Neu is an excellent doctor who is competent, kind, caring and extremely supportive. He was thorough in both his explanation of the procedure, as well as all post-op appointments, and he did an excellent job calming my nerves the day of the operation. Brenda and Hilary in the office are also kind and compassionate and they were a pleasure to deal with throughout the entire process. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Neu or go back to him in the future if need be.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr. Neu came highly recommended and was more than worth the trips from Windsor to Toronto for appointments and surgery. His staff are kind, caring, patient, and knowledgeable. Dr. Neu offers the same support along with his superior expertise and experience with all aspects of the process. The whole team made me feel safe, supported, and grateful for the fantastic service. On top of fantastic preservice and post-op service, Dr. Neu made me look and feel beautiful. I look and feel as I always was meant to. He is a skilled artist who creates a natural finish. My husband and I couldn't be happier with the results and the entire process. Thank you, Dr. Neu and team - I would recommend you to anyone that is seeking any of the services you offer! I especially appreciate how you and your team listened to me and really understood what I was looking for with my breast augmentation procedure. Thank you, again. -Charlotte G.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr NEU is a great doctor I'm so happy with my surgical results , I had a breast reduction . The staff are so kind and friendly they would answer my questions any time I called , they are so caring that when you walk in the office it feels like home

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. B.R. Neu, Head of the Dept. of Plastic Surgery's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union