Ratings for Dr. B.R. Neu, Head of the Dept. of Plastic Surgery

Brenda and Hilary were beyond amazing with answering all my questions and Dr. Neu...well, I cannot say enough good things about him! He was patient and kind with me, answered all my questions and made me feel beyond comfortable to go ahead with a breast reduction. 3 months ago I had surgery. Day of surgery I have to admit I was a tad terrified, but Dr. Neu took his time in reassuring me and again answering all my questions. As to the reduction itself, surgery went wonderfully-all NYGH staff were awesome and the hospital facility itself super clean! To say that I am beyond happy with the reduction would be an understatement! Scarring is minimal, recovery was quick...and I am eternally grateful to Dr. Neu and his staff! Thank you a million times...thank you!! I am so happy with everything! -Effie L.

Submitted May 31, 2015

From the first moment, Dr Neus staff were wonderful. Friendly and polite. Brenda went out of her way to help me and get me an appointment ASAP. Dr Neu was very professional, kind, pleasant and very informative. My results were amazing and I couldn’t be happier. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Neu to any one. Very happy.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Dr. Neu and his office staff Brenda and Hilary are fantastic. I have had over 15 surgeries by Dr Neu for skin cancer on my face, neck, arms, back and legs and once it heals you can not see the scars, Dr Neu is the best in his field of Plastic Surgery and I am very lucky he is part of my care team. He is always professional, kind and caring and an excellent surgeon and I know that when I need more plastic surgery for my skin cancers, he will be my first choice. Thank you Dr N eu! Tom M

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

I cant say enough positive things to say about Dr. Neu and his staff. I was terrified of getting breast reduction surgery and cancelled surgery for this procedure 10 years ago. But the minute I walked into the office, the staff was so reassuring and helped put me to ease. Dr. Neu made me realize that I was in excellent hands and would be happy that I went ahead with this surgery. On the day of the surgery itself, I was still so scared but the hospital staff could not have been more wonderful. They made me feel safe and were so attentive from the minute I got to the hospital to the minute I was discharged. And the results of the surgery, I should have done this years ago. I know that everyone said the same thing, but I also want to add my voice to that. My neck pain that was getting progressively worse has now disappeared and my breasts, well lets just say that I have never had such beautiful breasts in all my life, even when I was 16. If you are thinking about getting this surgery, do not hesitate, you will be happy you did and just thrilled with the results.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Removed a mole from my nose. Year later, you can hardly see a scar. An expert in what he does.

Submitted January 4, 2018

Approximately a month ago todayI had a breast reduction which I was super nervous about doing! I had planned to do this surgery for several years due to the extreme back,neck and head pain that I would get from the weight. However, I struggled to follow through with my surgery due to the amount of anxiety I had and the nervousness to be put under anaesthetics, as I've never had surgery. After speaking with Brenda, and hearing all about her personal experience with surgery, she had convinced me that this will be the best thing ever, and that Dr.Neu is a fabulous doctor and all the nurses are so loving and helpful. This she was correct about! As scared as I was until the second I was going under operation, the moment I woke up, the doctor and nurses were there to make sure i was okay and took such great care of me. I was surprised as there was not much pain through out the healing process, and I was up and walking the night of! I have no regrets about this breast reduction and wish I had done it so much earlier!!! I am so so thankful for Dr.Neu and his staff!! :)

Submitted November 7, 2017

I have only wonderful things to say about my experience with Dr. Neu (as well as Brenda, and the rest of his staff). The procedure I had done was rhinoplasty/septoplasty, both for aesthetic purposes and to fix my deviated septum, and he went above and beyond my expectations right from the beginning. To start, Dr. Neu always had a calming, reassuring presence; he is both talented, wise, and evidently has mastered his craft with years of experience - he was always punctual and professional, always answered all my questions, and more importantly he was realistic - I don't think you could find a more genuine and kind person. I must note how great he was with me especially the day of the surgery as I am someone who has an anxiety disorder, I knew I was in safe hands. It went so smoothly, and he checked up on me afterwards which was also very comforting for me. The healing process was a breeze, I didn't even need to use the pain meds; the moment I got my cast off I was already ecstatic about my new nose even with the inevitable swelling. You can tell how detail oriented he is, as he really took his time to perfect every aspect of my nose. Its over a year later, and the results are better than I thought possible; beautiful natural shape that demonstrates how much of an artist he really is as it is the exact shape I was going for yet it works with my facial features. Additionally, the septum is now perfectly straight and I can breathe normally now. This entire process was made so easy thanks to Dr. Neu and of course Brenda, who was attentive, sensitive, and knowledgeable; even over a year later when I wanted a check-up for my nose's progress, she made sure to give me an appointment as soon as possible. Overall, they really care about their patients and I will always rave about how positive of an experience this has been for me.

Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr Neu, Brenda and Hilary were fabulous. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Dr. Neu is truly a master at his craft. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I recently had a breast reduction with Dr. Neu. I was very nervous to go ahead with the procedure as I have some friends who went to other doctors and have sub-par results. However, the minute I walked into Dr. Neu's office, Hilary and Brenda were so kind and caring. They were extremely accommodating with appointment times and were always willing to answer question via telephone. As for Dr. Neu, he is brilliant!! He explained everything and told me exactly what I was to expect regarding results. On surgery day I was extremely nervous as I had never been under anesthetic. Dr. Neu's caring nature really helped me relax and he talked me through it all. Recovery was a dream!!! Barely any pain and I was on my feet the next day, relatively back to normal. Its been a month and a half now and the results are incredible. Dr. Neu is so meticulous and really does produce perfect results. He has seen me 3 times post surgery to make sure everything was healing well. My GP told me that this is the BEST breast reduction she has ever seen and will now refer all patients to Dr. Neu. Couldn't recommend him more!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I was definitely nervous for my first appointment with Dr. Neu since I never had surgery before but Brenda and Hilary were absolutely lovely and helpful. I heard a lot of about Dr. Neu from my mom's friend and even later from some of the North York Gen and they all said that if you want a doctor to do your breast reduction then he is the best choice. Let's just say they were all right. He made me feel like I was in good hands and was very knowledgeable and realistic about what to expect. I had my reduction surgery 4 months ago and it took me about 3-4 weeks to fully recover with no complications and minimal pain. I am very happy with the results! In addition the staff at North York General were great. Everything from pre to post surgery went by smoothly and it is definitely due to the Dr. and his amazing staff. With that I want to once again thank Dr. Neu and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. B.R. Neu, Head of the Dept. of Plastic Surgery's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Request an Appointment