Ratings for Dr. Sriramamurthy Ravipati

This man is extremely rude. A pill pushing, egomaniac. It amazes me that anyone would trust their child's mental health to him.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

My 2 children have seen Dr. Ravipati for many years. He has been helpful,considerate and given informative advice. He has seen that we have followed through with therapy We have seen huge improvements. Because of much needed meds we have seen huge advances. He is friendly and sensitive to our needs. I think he has little patients for those who are not trying to help themselves or are not following his advice. My boys are much better behaved,but it took lots of dedication and hard work as a team Dr.therapist,school,and family.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

I saw this Dr. as a minor when I did in/out-patient psychiatric care at Mercy. Every time I saw him, I rarely felt listened to as a patient, and he also had a tendency to prescribe medications to me as a minor that were not meant for patients under 18 years of age. He is one of the Drs. that is medication crazy. Rather than trying any other therapies other than medication, he goes for medication, and if that medication doesn't work, he adds medication. I've known several of his patients that were over dosed on the scripts that he did prescribe. One medication that he prescribed me, I was on for about a year and 1/2 (Lithium Carb, I don't recall the dosage) starting shortly after I turned 16, I have been off for nearly 2 yrs, and still have side effects due to the medication. He jumps to conclusions before knowing the full story, or before going over your medical history. Personally, I'll refuse to allow any of my family members go to him if any of us ever need psychiatric help again.

Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr Ravipati is extremely egotistical and dont ever contradict what he says

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Dr. Ravipati is consistently running behind schedule. The average wait time for an appointment with him is 30-60 minutes. He does not like to use alternative therapies such as neurofeedback and biofeedback with ADHD patients, stating that these are not proven. No one is asking him to replace medications, merely think outside the box.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

I was shocked to see so many bad reviews. I loved working with him. We took our daughter to him for 4 1/2 years before we had to move. We appreciated his straight forwardness and unwillingness to listen to excuses from her or us for that matter. We all had difficult choices to make. We never felt rushed, but always felt like we heard something we needed to hear. It was our choice afterwards whether we would listen or not. Also having our psychologist in the same office helped with continuity of care. It is important for all providers to communicate. My only complain would be that he was always running behind.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

Very rude and shows no respect whatsoever. Seems to only be interested in getting your money, not your well-being.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2010

He never reviewed my childs med recs and told me there is nothing wrong with her even when the police excorted her to the ER after asaulting me. What a doc thought medicine was based and formed on listening to your patient and others it involves My daughter is bipolar with phyc episodes.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

I am sure the Dr. may be able to help some people just not me. I brought my son in at the age of 4 for behaviorial and developmental problems. I was referred to this Dr. from my primary physician. His first response was that I needed a male in the household. When I responded "well they don't sell those at Wal Mart" the Dr. prescribed a medicaiton that only put my son to sleep. After seeking other professional help my son was diagnosed with ADHD he has been successfully taking medication for this and his behavior, ability to communicate with others, school performance, and his relationships with his siblings have improved considerably. We still have a hill or two to climb because of all that he lost during his early years but we are getting there. However, I feel that it could have been sooner rather than later if the only diagnosis was that i was a single parent.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Don't trust your child to this man. Will not listen to parents and makes snap diagnosis with little information.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

Dr. Sriramamurthy Ravipati's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Oxford