Ratings for Dr. Barry B. Rubin

He's the best! Such a good surgeon and such a friendly man!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I would go to no other. He is the best there is in TO

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Dr. Rubin is an outstanding surgeon. He is extremely knowledgeable, thorough, friendly and a people person. He has excellent bedside manners and makes sure you understand the entire procedure and plan before beginning. Thanks to him my dad is healthy. He continues to follow up with patients even after the surgical plan is over. He's the best of the best. Thank you Dr. Rubin

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

He's the best! Such a good surgeon and such a friendly man!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Though in the end he couldn't reverse permanently the useless by-pass another vascular surgeon had done I know I had the very best attention and advice possible from Dr. Rubin. I would recommend him and his team to anyone needing excellent personal reassurance and medical care.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

I have had 5 vascular surgerys.The first was performed by Dr. Walker in 2000. The other 4 were done by Dr Barry Rubin. all of them @ UHN Toronto. Dr. Rubin and his vascular team were great.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Dr. Rubin repaired my sons aortic abdominal aneurysm (AAA) by open surgery at Toronto General Hospital on 1999 .This was a major, major operation involving an incision from the breastbone to below the navel, this was followed by other major surgeries attempting to repair other anneurysms in his little body .He was fantastic , sympathetic , very caring to my then 10 yr old . I trust his expertise completely and truly believe that he saved my sons life .

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

I don't know if Dr. Rubin is a good doctor / surgeon or not. I do know that is staff is very unprofessional and tend to discourage you from making an appointment with him - assuming that your health issues aren't worthy of his time. From word of mouth I've heard that his bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps you need to re access your people skills and hire more sympathetic staff who know what they are talking about.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Dr. Rubin repaired my aortic abdominal aneurysm (AAA) by open surgery at Toronto General Hospital on July 7, 2010. This was a major, major operation involving an incision from my breastbone to below my navel, opening up the aneurysm and stitching in a dacron stent. The surgery took 3 hours. Five weeks have gone by and I am recovering very well with no complications...as a vascular resident commented " Dr. Rubin's surgery was perfect". As a matter of fact, my family doctor said that he sent his father to Dr. Rubin for surgery! I will see Dr. Rubin next week and I assume that will be the last visit as the AAA is permanently repaired. Without this repair, a rupture of the aneurysm would likely have caused by death. I would highly recommend Dr. Barry Rubin to any patients requiring this or any other form of vascular surgery.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Dr Rubins technical knowledge and expertise, is nothing short of excellent--yet shows a very kind and supportive approach. I was recently diagnosed with PAD--was a long term smoker, over a pack for 30 yrs. Dr Rubin had be smoke smoking STAT and possibly saved my life and heart.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010